+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

CCL

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Not as bad as the time Kathie Lee asked Martin Short how his wife was....and she had died some months earlier. This is why they have research staff on every show -I guess Kelly wasn't listening.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I think Wendy Williams takes the award for being the most uniformed talk show host. Her and Barbara Walters. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why, in the world, are these talk show hosts in the Masterpiece thread???

Nevermind....this started with a mention of Piven.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ken Burns - The Address

This is not Masterpiece Theather, but it is PBS. I wasn't sure where to put it or if we need a generic PBS thread. The admins can make that decision. That said...

I really love Ken Burns' documentaries. I just stumbled across this new one, which was on and is repeating a few times today. It focuses on a school in Vermont with a student population comprised of challenged kids. They have a project every year in which the students in certain grades are taked with , memorizing, and reciting the Gettysburg Address in front of fellow students, faculty, and parents/guests. I found it really inspiring and a good watch as wel, so I though I'd bring it to the attention of anyone who might be interested. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Popular PBS Programs | Watch Online | PBS Video
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Just had to comment on how much I'm loving Season 2 of Mr. Selfridge!!! Now that we've gotten to know the characters, the series is even better than last season!

My tv guide only lists one more episode (next week --- and then the following week there is some kind of PBS auction in the Mr. Selfridge time slot) Are we almost at the end of Season 2? Is that possible?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

George (brother of Agnes) is going to be one of the earliest casualties of the war, no doubt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So maybe Delphine was currying Rose's favor to get to Harry . . . and she's a spy? She sure seems to have tossed Rose aside quite suddenly.
    prhoshay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    So maybe Delphine was currying Rose's favor to get to Harry . . . and she's a spy? She sure seems to have tossed Rose aside quite suddenly.
    Yes, she likes our Harry!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Is the story of Jenny's boyfriend dying true to the books? If not, I'm little disappointed. Since Jenny was leaving the show anyway, why not just have her get married and move away with her new husband? I don't see the point of sending her off on such a tragic note, especially when her boyfriend was so charming and obviously in love with her.

It seems the happy stories are too saccharin and the sad ones too tragic. I'm not sure why this season has struck me negatively, but they just aren't that good, IMO.

Where was Chummy last night? I thought it odd that she would not be around for Jenny upon such a horrible loss.

Chummy was at the service. I really enjoyed the show last night.
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread