+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree851Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

It was a great DA last night, the acting from them all was superb!
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it odd that Mary thought Bates was responsible for that man's death. His boss confirmed there were witnesses who said the man fell into the street and was killed. If Bates were responsible, wouldn't they have reported that an unidentified man pushed him into the street?

I wonder what Edith's mom would say if she finds out about Edith's pregnancy. What would she want Edith to do?

That's a good question -- for all we know, Cora (and Robert) might be more open to Edith's ideas about how to deal with the baby. Ten years ago (in season 1), when the girls were younger and still being "presented" they would have been horrified, and covered it up. But after all the deaths and scandals and war and other drama that they've all been through, this season has shown that they are a lot more flexible about the changing times than they were in the past.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I thought it odd that Mary thought Bates was responsible for that man's death. His boss confirmed there were witnesses who said the man fell into the street and was killed. If Bates were responsible, wouldn't they have reported that an unidentified man pushed him into the street?
    I think the boss confirmed that he "stumbled or tripped somehow". People might not have noticed that he stumbled and tripped on a walking stick. I have no doubt Bates did it. What he said to Anna at the end pretty much confirmed it. Now we just have to wait and see what Mary or Mr. Green's boss do about it. Mary asking him to fire his valet right before he has an accident is way to suspicious for him to just write it off. I am glad that other guy told Mary she should do nothing.

It looks like the juvenile kitchen storyline is over. And wrapped up nicely in my opinion. I like that Mr. Mason told Daisy to end her friendship with Alford with "no sharp edges". Very wise advice. And Mrs. Patmore brought a tear to my eye when she told Daisy how proud of her she was.

Mr. Mosley and the new lady's maid. Cute!!! Especially when he rang the bell! It's about time something went in his favor. And I love that he isn't afraid to stand up to Thomas. But he also isn't prepared for the conniving troublemaking that is Thomas. Mr. Mosley would be a poor combatant for Thomas to go after. I like how Robert told Mr. Bates that he missed him while giving a pointed look toward Thomas.

I think Edith and Mary are both sorry sisters. Remember when Sybil died and Edith asked Mary if she thought they might become closer and Mary said, "No." Harsh, just ouch, harsh. I think they have both done despicable things to each other. For me with Edith it always goes back to the Turkish embassy. They have both grown so much since Sybil died. I just think Mary is a little less twisted then Edith. And I do understand more where Ediths evil comes from. She was the least favorite daughter. I remember her overhearing Cora and Mary talking about her and how she needed all the help she could get. So she's always known where she stands with them. That would make anyone a little harder. I've noticed since Sybil died that Cora calls Edith more terms of endearment. I don't know if that's on purpose or I just notice it more. But I'm glad Edith finally has an ally in her aunt. I just like the growth that Mary is showing more. I still find the fact that I like her at all amazing. I hope Edith's boyfriend returns in time to save her from disgrace and she gets to have a few happy years with him before the Nazi's come and kill him.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Well said CantGetNuff!
    I also assumed the walking stick tripped Green and I suppose no one would notice that unless you are the victim or watching for it. I'm glad Mary kept her promise and never disclosed the reason for her request; and that Blake took to her heart her inquiry and supported her thinking. (I hope Julian also forgets it, but somehow doubt he will let the scenario go). I couldn't stand that whole time Bates was in prison and sadly admit I fast forwarded through some of that drama.
    I actually hope Edith keeps the baby, who knows it might turn out to be a boy!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    Well said CantGetNuff!
    I also assumed the walking stick tripped Green and I suppose no one would notice that unless you are the victim or watching for it. I'm glad Mary kept her promise and never disclosed the reason for her request; and that Blake took to her heart her inquiry and supported her thinking. (I hope Julian also forgets it, but somehow doubt he will let the scenario go). I couldn't stand that whole time Bates was in prison and sadly admit I fast forwarded through some of that drama.
    I actually hope Edith keeps the baby, who knows it might turn out to be a boy!
    It would be nice for Edith to have someone to love, like her child. Then perhaps she wouldn't come across as quite so desperate.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She will always be desperate because she NEEDS a man and a baby is no substitute for a man, no how much you love him/her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What makes Edith tick? This is as interesting as trying to figure out Thomas. I think she has a need to be loved. Her parents have always been luke warm towards her. Her oldest sister has always been spoiled, selfish, and spiteful. I think Edith has a need to be loved and that's why she's willing to throw herself at any man who shows her any attention. I don't think she's just man hungry. I do think having a child that will love her unconditionally will fill a void in her.
    Mike'sgirl and Debb70 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

A child will keep her busy and distracted. She needs the adult interaction, or she will notice "something" is missing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    What makes Edith tick? This is as interesting as trying to figure out Thomas. I think she has a need to be loved. Her parents have always been luke warm towards her. Her oldest sister has always been spoiled, selfish, and spiteful. I think Edith has a need to be loved and that's why she's willing to throw herself at any man who shows her any attention. I don't think she's just man hungry. I do think having a child that will love her unconditionally will fill a void in her.
    I do as well, and once that void is filled, more than often a man just appears. I hope that's what happens to her
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread