+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree911Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I loved Call The Midwife last night, especially when they were in the women's prison. I do hope there is another season, their characters are just wonderful
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I did LOL when Chummy said, she had only been on nodding terms with her inner glamour puss .I love Chummy. I also guessed those tickets were fake.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked it last night. The whole women's prison section was interesting. I know that Jenny Lee is going to not be on as much, but as long as Chummy is I'm happy!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I wasn't that impressed with Call The Midwife last night. For some reason the writing has changed. The stories are just not as intriguing anymore and it's too predictable. Anyone know what's going on. Is this their last season?
    No, they've been renewed. I know that they said they've run out of Jenny stories and are going off-script. I think that was as of this season, but maybe it will be as of next season, I don't remember.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    No, they've been renewed. I know that they said they've run out of Jenny stories and are going off-script. I think that was as of this season, but maybe it will be as of next season, I don't remember.
    There were only 3 "Midwife" books I believe, so I can understand they would. Her fourth book was on end of life care and her experiences.

Did anyone see Piven on Kelly and Michael today? Was Kelly kidding when she told him he had a mean English accent? He then informed her he played an American on the show. Was that said on purpose? Awkward. lol
    Florimel, libgirl2 and tinderbox like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Would have gotten a kick out of seeing that!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anyone see Piven on Kelly and Michael today? Was Kelly kidding when she told him he had a mean English accent? He then informed her he played an American on the show. Was that said on purpose? Awkward. lol
    Oops!

It was awkward BUT I loved it. Talk show hosts often get caught phoning it in. This is an example of Kelly not doing her homework and assuming Jeremy spoke with an English accent because the show was filmed in England with all English actors.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread