+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't agree that Rose is being manipulated by her new friend. What I see is Rose deciding to do her own thing and establishing her own interests; what I see is in response to her dillydallying husband's behaviors. "Her new friend" has even tried to discourage Rose's interest in investing in the club. Rose is proving to be her own person. Good for her....and, if it doesn't work out, at least it is her own mistake.
    I agree that Rose isn't being manipulated by her new friend BUT I sense she's making a mistake. Yes, it'll be her mistake to own.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Okay, I may be WAY off in what I think (wouldn't be the first time) . . . but I'm wondering if Rose's new friend has an interest in her that's more than friendship and money. I guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Okay, I may be WAY off in what I think (wouldn't be the first time) . . . but I'm wondering if Rose's new friend has an interest in her that's more than friendship and money. I guess we'll find out.
    I was wondering that same exact thing AZ
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Make that three of us. Yep.
    AZChristian likes this.

Count me in as number 4.

Oh, and I loved seeing Mae doing her thing again. There were a lot of things I enjoyed in this episode.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Again I enjoyed Call the Midwife. What a sad story with the mixed race baby! I really thought the Doctor and Sheila (Its spelled differently then this) were going to keep it! I wanted them too as they are having problems having a baby.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Again I enjoyed Call the Midwife. What a sad story with the mixed race baby! I really thought the Doctor and Sheila (Its spelled differently then this) were going to keep it! I wanted them too as they are having problems having a baby.
    I thought they were going to keep the baby( Carol ) as well.
    -Andy Rooney-

I saw Jeremy Piven on Jimmy Fallon's show last night. He said he would start filming season 3 of Mr. Selfridge shortly. He mentioned that he had 12 weeks to grow a beard, so I guess that's about when filming starts.

I learned a lot about him that I hadn't known and found I have a lot in common with him and that his mother was his first acting teacher and still runs lines with him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    A story about the same subject matter was shown during an episode of the first season so I was surprised they chose to do it again. I felt so sad for the woman.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    A story about the same subject matter was shown during an episode of the first season so I was surprised they chose to do it again. I felt so sad for the woman.
    That's right!! didn't they keep the baby though?
    Debb70 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread