+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree815Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Count me in among those who would rather see the developing familial relationship between Daisy and her father-in-law. I can't seem to develop an iota of caring about Jimmy, Ivy, or Alfred. Seems to me if they developed the "inheriting the farm" storyline, there would be more respect shown to Daisy as someone they could lose from Downton. Mrs. Patmore has been kinder to her on a personal level, but it seems they might try to bring her along more as the future head cook. Especially since she uses the (HORRORS) electric appliances!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For a while, I was concerned that father-in-law was developing more than a familial interest in Daisy, out of loneliness. I'm looking forward to Alfred getting to pursue his dream of becoming a cook, since the times...well, they are a-changin'. I can't see me NOT caring about any of the characters' stories. This show is just the best!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you can, or get the chance, there is a movie on HBO called The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel that is starring a couple of our DA friends and is quite good: Maggie Smith, Penelope Wilton. Judi Dench is also in it. I really enjoyed it.
    Punkin, momrek06 and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If you can, or get the chance, there is a movie on HBO called The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel that is starring a couple of our DA friends and is quite good: Maggie Smith, Penelope Wilton. Judi Dench is also in it. I really enjoyed it.
    AWESOME movie. I loved it!

I saw it the week it came out, loved it!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked Mary's new love interest in the first couple of episodes. I thought he was handsome and good. But he switched over to boooooring with the whole needy marriage proposal.
    Mary is seriously growing! Finally! Three cheers for Mathew for making Mary want to be a better person. The other night she noticed and inquired about Anna and Tom! I was shocked. And she gave Tom good advice when she told him to find someone he can talk to. I have wanted to see this side of Mary. It has taken all these years but she has finally grown into someone who can think of others besides herself. Except her son. Her and Tom both just drove right on past those babies without even a wave, much less stopping to get one last hug and kiss before heading to York.

Ms. Hughes!! I forget to write how much I wish she would adopt me. Is there a problem she can't fix? Ms. Hughes for President!! I have loved her ever since she had Mr. Bates throw that leg contraption in the pond. Everyone needs a Ms. Hughes in their life.
    This one time I will refer to Thomas as Mr. Barrow. Just because I loved his exchange with Edna after she turned on him and called him "oily, sly, and smug". Everything he is but there was no reason for her to call him that when she was his friend up until that point. But being Mr. Barrows he didn't even blink and eye before he started slinging insults right back. And, yay!!! Edna is gone!!!! Hopefully never to be seen or heard from again.

I like that Mary and Tom have a strong friendship. (Put that in the "Mary's growing" category. Honoring her sister by honoring her husband and coming to the conclusion that he deserves it.) I feel so sorry for Tom. He is in such an uncomfortable situation. I think about being in that position. Like if I was an American patriot, stuck in Canada, with people who are nice but make me very uncomfortable. He really doesn't have anyone to turn to except Ms. Hughes.

My heart is breaking for Mr. and Mrs. Bates. Poor Anna. I was a little disappointed that Ms. Hughes didn't immediately step in and fix all of it. But I blame the writers not her. lol
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I loved it, too. What cast! Bill Nighy and Tom Wilkinson were also in it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We saw .....Marigold Hotel the week it came out and halfway through, I elbowed DH and said, "OMG, look! It's Mary's Grandmother and Matthew's mom!" He knew exactly who I meant. With both of them out of costume and Maggie looking so much younger, it took a while to click! It was my favorite movie of the year along with Moonrise Kingdom.
    AZChristian likes this.

I am of the opinion that there are only 12 actors and actresses in all of England, and they all appear in all the movies and TV shows. That's why it's so easy to fall in love with them. LOL.

AWESOME movie, yes I loved it as well!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread