+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Sherlock

I loved watching the scenarios of how he survived. I also love watching John beat Him up. And I guess I am in the minority because I liked the moustache. Why oh why only 3 episodes per season??
    redsox girl likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Sherlock

I loved watching the scenarios of how he survived. I also love watching John beat Him up. And I guess I am in the minority because I liked the moustache. Why oh why only 3 episodes per season??
    I would say because of the actors' busy schedules, no to mention Moffatts, but it's been three episodes since the beginning so I don't know. :/

Downton:
    Tom & Mary? No. Tom & Rose? Yes.

Call the Midwife started again last night in the UK. I think it starts in the US at the end of March. I think viewers are going to be happy with Chummy's story in episode 1 as I know we were all wondering what was going to become of her now that she was married and a mom. Or mum, rather.
    redsox girl likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Let me get this straight. When the new man proposed to Mary he explained to her that he could break off his relationship with his present "ALMOST" fiance as long as he got immediately engaged to Mary, but he couldn't just break if off with the "almost" fiance to do nothing and not have any prospect. Is that right? Sounds odd to me. It seems that breaking it off with the other lady would be MORE insulting if he ran into the arms of another woman rather than did nothing for awhile. Hmmmm....

I did a sigh of relief though. The guy dodged a bullet. I don't care for Mary. I think he could do much better.

I'm an Edith fan myself and agree with Edith's aunt. She is playing with fire. She doesn't seem to understand that he can't marry her no matter how much he wants. Have they ever actually shown the man's wife? Is she in a hospital?
    redsox girl likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Good-bye and good riddance, Edna.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

I actually liked Barrow last night when he was smiling at Edna and telling her what he thought of her. For just that one scene. Now it's back to wanting to take a shower after he's been on the screen, because he's so slimy.

We all knew Edna would get her comeuppance eventually. I was glad it happened sooner rather than later. That Mrs. Hughes was the one to give her the boot made it even sweeter.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-20-2014 at 04:14 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Speaking of Mrs. Hughes . . . who knew this was under the make-up and uniform?

Capture.JPG

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wild!

Check out this photo for contrast.

Pictures & Photos of Phyllis Logan - IMDb
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-20-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.

I did, but only because I've seen pics of her at awards shows and interviews. The entire cast looks pretty different in their "civvies."
    momrek06 and AZChristian like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Let me get this straight. When the new man proposed to Mary he explained to her that he could break off his relationship with his present "ALMOST" fiance as long as he got immediately engaged to Mary, but he couldn't just break if off with the "almost" fiance to do nothing and not have any prospect. Is that right? Sounds odd to me. It seems that breaking it off with the other lady would be MORE insulting if he ran into the arms of another woman rather than did nothing for awhile. Hmmmm....

I did a sigh of relief though. The guy dodged a bullet. I don't care for Mary. I think he could do much better.

I'm an Edith fan myself and agree with Edith's aunt. She is playing with fire. She doesn't seem to understand that he can't marry her no matter how much he wants. Have they ever actually shown the man's wife? Is she in a hospital?
    I think Gillingham has to marry soon or something happens to his inheritance. I thought I remembered him mentioning something like that, but I can't remember when.
    redsox girl likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Speaking of Mrs. Hughes . . . who knew this was under the make-up and uniform?

Attachment 29626
    I knew, but that was just from watching the cast when they are interviewed on other shows. I WAS surprised the first time I saw her and a few of the other downstairs women, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread