+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I think she did realize this right after the wedding/before he died and also realized that she had made the right decision.
    I agree!

CCL

Crap. I'm an episode behind and I shouldn't have come in here. I was convinced that Daisy was going to realize her true feelings for William and they would get married with him smiling his silly smile and then live a happy ever after. Darn you Julian Fellowes.

They're not going to be filming any episodes of Sherlock in 2012 so it'll be quite a wait until they return. I did like the first season and haven't seen any of the second (I don't generally watch tv online).
    Last edited by CCL; 01-31-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I had lunch with a friend recently and she told me about Downton Abbey. I was able to watch the first season by streaming from Netflix and the first three Episodes of the current season online from PBS, so was all caught up to watch Episode 4 Sunday night. Makes me wonder how I missed this fabulous show, considering all the crap I watch. :>(

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Makes me wonder how I missed this fabulous show, considering all the crap I watch. :>(
    LOL, I know! Me too! In regard to PBS, this network, for years and years, has always shown FABULOUS English drama shows from time to time, like the INCOMPARABLE 'Upstairs-Downstairs' series. I always keep an eye on what's playing on PBS on Sunday evenings, and sometimes on Saturday evenings too. Sunday evening is when PBS traditionally runs one or more of it's 3 'Masterpiece' series (Masterpiece Classic, Masterpiece Mystery and Masterpiece Contemporary). And there are occasional additional fabulous English drama series shown on PBS, such as 'Land Girls' (which is now playing on PBS on Saturday nights), and 'Lark Rise to Candleford' -- which isn't playing right now, but may be rerun, particularly if there's a new season.

If you have additional local PBS stations, check them too, because they also will occasionally run some of these great series. Many of them are available to borrow at your local library, or obtain through Blockbuster, Netflicks, or some of the other similar services, and of course you can get them all from PBS: Public Broadcasting Service itself.

PS If PBS link doesn't work, the url is www . pbs . org

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If they ever do a new season of "Lark Rise" I would shoot happy sparks of joy out of my ears. LOVE that series!!!!
    Florimel likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Masterpiece Classics (not "Theater") produces period dramas for PBS, including Downton Abbey. If you are Googling for free sites to watch the UK episodes, this is worth bearing in mind.
    Last edited by Critical; 02-03-2012 at 01:57 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

CCL

Masterpiece doesn't produce Downtown Abbey; it is produced by Carnival Films for ITV. PBS bought the American rights to air the show, which they air under their Masterpiece Classics label.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Masterpiece Classics (not "Theater") produces period dramas for PBS, including Downton Abbey. If you are Googling for free sites to watch the UK episodes, this is worth bearing in mind.
    True Poppy, but remember that the former version of the show was entitled 'Masterpiece Theatre' --- and many of the old series are still around and available, and would probably be listed under PBS Masterpiece Theatre. One of my very favorites was "The Duchess of Duke Street' -- Does anyone else remember that one? It was about a middle-aged woman (Gemma Jones) who was a fabulous cook, and ran a charming little hotel in London -- and she fell in love with a handsome young 'gentleman' of the upper class.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    True Poppy, but remember that the former version of the show was entitled 'Masterpiece Theatre' --- and many of the old series are still around and available, and would probably be listed under PBS Masterpiece Theatre. One of my very favorites was "The Duchess of Duke Street' -- Does anyone else remember that one? It was about a middle-aged woman (Gemma Jones) who was a fabulous cook, and ran a charming little hotel in London -- and she fell in love with a handsome young 'gentleman' of the upper class.
    Oh, yes. I remember Gemma Jones in Duchess of Duke Street. I actually rented it from Netflix about a year ago and enjoyed rewatching it. Another of my favorites from Masterpiece Theater was The Forsyte Saga ( the original, not the remake).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Something is going on with the new maid, Jane. She keeps appearing in scenes with Robert. At the end of tonight's episode,
    Mrs. Bates was found dead. Does anyone think O'Brien had anything to do with it?

+ Reply to Thread