+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree908Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Sherlock Series 3 American debut tonight at 10 pm on Masterpiece Mystery.
    mom2 and momrek06 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Season 2 of Mr Selfridge debuts today in England.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I forgot about that kiss between Sherlock and Molly in the fantasy sequence at the beginning of the episode. WOW. I don't think BC is particularly attractive physically, but that was hot.

I don't think I posted about it when I first watched the episode, but I LOVE that scene in the restaurant. All the jokes about John's mustache = excellent.

I couldn't wait to watch all of the episodes, but now I want more! They need to do more than 3 per season!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sherlock

I loved watching the scenarios of how he survived. I also love watching John beat Him up. And I guess I am in the minority because I liked the moustache. Why oh why only 3 episodes per season??
    redsox girl likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Sherlock

I loved watching the scenarios of how he survived. I also love watching John beat Him up. And I guess I am in the minority because I liked the moustache. Why oh why only 3 episodes per season??
    I would say because of the actors' busy schedules, no to mention Moffatts, but it's been three episodes since the beginning so I don't know. :/

Downton:
    Tom & Mary? No. Tom & Rose? Yes.

Call the Midwife started again last night in the UK. I think it starts in the US at the end of March. I think viewers are going to be happy with Chummy's story in episode 1 as I know we were all wondering what was going to become of her now that she was married and a mom. Or mum, rather.
    redsox girl likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Sherlock:

Just found out that Dr. Watson's fiance is his wife in real life. Also that Sherlock's parents are his parents in real life.
    redsox girl and ladygreco like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Sherlock:

Just found out that Dr. Watson's fiance is his wife in real life. Also that Sherlock's parents are his parents in real life.
    I have yet to watch this series, but I'm enjoying the posts so much all of you are slowly but surely piquing my interest. I do know Benjamin Cumberbach but only because my friend has a crush on him But, definitely going to check out the series soon, thanks to you Sherl fans on this thread
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Sherlock:

Almost - Martin Freeman and Amanda Abbington aren't married. They have kids and have been together for many years, but they aren't married.

I think Benedict looks like both of his parents. Fun to see them all together.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    There's more Holmes family togetherness to come this season!
    I remember BC talking about when he first started in the business and how his mom was upset because he insisted on using his real last name. She didn't think "Cumberbatch" was such a great name for an actor. Neither of his parents use it.

Another fun fact. BC's mom and Una Stubbs (Mrs. Hudson) are close friends, so she's known him most of his life. That explains their chemistry!

Mycroft having to take their parents to see Les Miz That phone call was excellent.
    Mike'sgirl and mom2 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Mycroft having to take their parents to see Les Miz That phone call was excellent.
    "You can take over at the intermission".

Downton:
    I do think that Fellowes has a tendency to flog some storylines over and over - such as those mentioned above i.e. downstairs love triangle/quadrangle etc. Bit of a shame.
    Mike'sgirl and mom2 like this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I have yet to watch this series, but I'm enjoying the posts so much all of you are slowly but surely piquing my interest. I do know Benjamin Cumberbach but only because my friend has a crush on him But, definitely going to check out the series soon, thanks to you Sherl fans on this thread
    Well, I certainly envy you being able to discover Sherlock and be able to watch the prior two seasons back to back. I was just thinking how great it is to discover a show and be able to watch all the seasons at once. We've been waiting for what seems like forever (after each season) before a new season begins. I do confess to re-watching previous Sherlock seasons over and over, our library has the CD's available for free. It's no surprise that Sherlock is the most watched show in GB. He really is my favorite Sherlock, and the cast is outstanding! I am so appreciative of the Co-creators for their writing and casting of this wonderful production. Come and enjoy with us!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread