+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 146 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1453
Like Tree911Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Same problem for me -- I've already seen the season, and there's too much else on for me to watch DA live. I catch it later in the week whenever Ch13 reruns it. As it is with the Golden Globes tonight, I'm DVRing twice the number of shows I usually have to on Sunday...
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Maybe PBS put the 1st two episodes together because there is some kind of scheduling issue coming up in the near future ---- with some other programming, perhaps.
    Well they did well , the ratings were the highest yet!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I must have really dozed through the Midwives Holiday Special. I finally watched it, with full attention yesterday, and saw it completely differently. There were still things that I didn't quite understand.

I was blown away by the abuse/rape scene on DA. I actually yelled out when he hit Anna. That was disturbing and, I must say, I never expected that.

Molesley both cracks me up and my heart aches for him and his situation. He's such a sweet man.
    Moontat and Imperfect1 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My daughter watched DA last night in her room. I was watching something on dvd with my husband. My daughter comes running to me with her face flushed and asked if I was watching DA. I said no. She was almost to tears. She said, "Your going to be mad." I could tell she was really upset so I told her to go ahead and tell me what happened so she could talk about it. Even knowing it was going to happen didn't make it less painful to watch. OMG I hope Anna tells Bates so he can kill that man for me. Thomas can help them hide the body. He's good at losing things. I couldn't believe when the ass said good night to Bates and Anna. I am really beside myself on this one.

I heart the dowager. I liked how she was trying to help Tom with the proper titles without being her usual snarky self. Then when Tom comforted Isabelle during the dinner scene and he looked across the table to the dowager and she nodded her approval to him. Awesome! I love the dowager because she is such an English snob in the same way I am an American one. In season one she says something like, "No Englishman would have the bad manners to die in someone else's bed." My first thought was, "An American will die wherever he wants." My favorite scenes are Violet and Isabelle together. Or when Cora's mom is visiting. I can't remember her name.

As much as I don't like Edith I do like her boyfriends. I feel sorry for the guy who can't divorce his wife. But I really felt bad about her first boyfriend that everyone made fun of her for. I think the only reason he left her at the altar was because of all the grief he had been getting from her father. He was truly a good man and thought he was doing what was best for her even though it really wasn't. And he proved he was a good man when he spoke up for Tom when Tom was drugged. I thought he was the perfect match for her and never understood why her family didn't think so.

I am really liking the guy with Mary. What a nice man. (To bad he has such lousy taste in valets.) And I almost started liking Mary. Especially when she was telling him what a great marriage/love she had with Mathew. Mary seemed like the type to me to just move on and not talk about Mathew. Much less talk about him in such a good way.

Thomas was unusually quiet this episode. Which is a good thing. I couldn't take his crap on top of everything else that happened.
    Imperfect1, Dragonlady and Debb70 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I've read the spoilers on IMDB, so I knew the rape was going to happen. But when he hit Anna, and then the sounds were heard, I was nearly in tears. She's so sweet that when things like that happen, it seems more wrong (if that's possible). I read somewhere that the scene was much more graphic in England, and they took so much flack for it that they toned it down for the American broadcast. I'll find out when I order my DVDs for Season 4!

I enjoyed Violet's interaction with Tom as well. She's an iron butterfly.

Lots of interesting plot twists coming up. I won't spoil them here, though.

I felt so awful for Anna, I just know that Bates will find out somehow.

Is Edna going to get pregnant, nothing would please her more. I don't think the guy interested in Mary is dashing, I found him boring. I want happy Mary back.

I enjoyed Violet's interaction with Tom as well. She's an iron butterfly
    She is AZ, she is my favourite character,
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Something about the show is bugging me. I'm not sure what it is. It seems that Miss Patmore's constant anxiety and worry about the younger cooks in the kitchen is continuing. It's overdone at this point, IMO. I used to like her character.

I'm also not looking forward to more downstairs shenanigane. I guess that's a large part of what the show is about, but I wish they would shake it up a bit.

I really like Edith and I'm pulling for her and her married boyfriend. I fear it's not in the cards for her though. I really wish they would allow her some real happiness. I do not care for Mary and never have. I do hope she keeps a close watch on her father. He's an idiot, apparently and shouldn't be in charge of anything. lol

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I do hope she keeps a close watch on her father. He's an idiot, apparently and shouldn't be in charge of anything. lol
    While mulling over Downton Abbey this morning (I have no life), I fantasized as to which character would ever develop enough guts to tell Robert that he's a buffoon and an idiot, and the laughing stock of the estate. It would have to be Tom Branson. Everyone else is so entrenched in the old ways of doing things that they still (at least pretend to) worship the ground he walks on.

But he does look nice in a tux!!!
    CantGetNuf and Debb70 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think his wife is very close to telling him. She does all BUT say it; as his wife, though, I'm think she is trying to help him in maintaining his dignity, in his own mind. Wives in long-married couples tend to do that.....even when they know better.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Cora made me laugh with, "Am I the only member of this family who lives in the 20th century?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread