+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1392
Like Tree876Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I cannot wait for next Sunday & Downton season 4..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I dvr'ed the segments of The View today that had several of the Downton cast as guests. They are all so much fun as guests. The ones who were on today, by character name, were Sir Robert, Lady Mary, Lady Edith, Tom, Thomas, Mrs. Hughes, and Mrs. Patmore. I think that was it though I might have forgotten one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Thanks, Miss_Griss, but your link was for the Call the Midwife special. I was inquiring about the Downton Abbey Christmas special. You all pretty much confirmed what I thought -- that the 2013 DA Christmas special was for Season 4, and we in the U.S. won't see it until the entire season has aired here. It's especially unfortunate because I'd love to be able to talk about the latest season with you who have watched it.
    Oops! So confusing. I really wish that we didn't have to use one thread for all of the Masterpiece Theater shows. Your post came while some of us were discussing the Call the Midwife special, so I just assumed....
    Punkin likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Oops! So confusing. I really wish that we didn't have to use one thread for all of the Masterpiece Theater shows. Your post came while some of us were discussing the Call the Midwife special, so I just assumed....
    That's perfectly okay and understandable. My guess is that because the British shows for the most part have shorter seasons, the board runners here might not want individual threads for all of the shows we love so that they don't fall off the grid during their time between seasons. But, that's just a guess.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    That's perfectly okay and understandable. My guess is that because the British shows for the most part have shorter seasons, the board runners here might not want individual threads for all of the shows we love so that they don't fall off the grid during their time between seasons. But, that's just a guess.
    Yeah. That makes sense!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Someone upthread said a repeat of Lark Rise to Candleford will be broadcast on Saturday (I think). Anybody know what time and what channel? Thanks...

I've never seen this show and have heard so many good things about it. Would LOVE to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Someone upthread said a repeat of Lark Rise to Candleford will be broadcast on Saturday (I think). Anybody know what time and what channel? Thanks...

I've never seen this show and have heard so many good things about it. Would LOVE to see it.
    It normally comes on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m. Last Sunday it came on early at 6:30 due to the special Christmas airing of Call The Midwife. Not sure what they will do this Sunday, but I'm checking around those times.

Larkrise is a great show, IMO, though some of the characters can really be annoying, but I still like it and watch it every week. The show has been completed and I think it ran 4 or 5 seasons. I saw the last season and am now watching older seasons. I would actually like to have the box set.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It normally comes on Sunday nights at 7:00 p.m. Last Sunday it came on early at 6:30 due to the special Christmas airing of Call The Midwife. Not sure what they will do this Sunday, but I'm checking around those times.

Larkrise is a great show, IMO, though some of the characters can really be annoying, but I still like it and watch it every week. The show has been completed and I think it ran 4 or 5 seasons. I saw the last season and am now watching older seasons. I would actually like to have the box set.
    Thanks. ....but, is it aired on Masterpiece Classics???

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Come see me. I have it!

[QUOTE=tinderbox;4753024]Thanks. ....but, is it aired on Masterpiece Classics???[/QUOTE

It was I who said it, but I found out later that Larkrise is on only in certain regions. However, if you have Amazon Prime, it's available there.

+ Reply to Thread