+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 154 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1537
Like Tree976Likes

Thread: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

Re: Masterpiece Theater shows (PBS)

I'm trying to verify that the Christmas special you're all discussing is the season 4 special that we in the U.S,. won't be seeing until the end of season 4, which starts here next week. Am I right about that?

I really hate the time delay we have for the Masterpiece shows. Today's technology being what it is, there is no reason they can't be aired at the same time other than the business practices of PBS and BBC.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This IS the US schedule. It is the 2013 Call The Midwife Holiday Special: Chummy has just had her baby; the doctor is about to marry the nun who chose to leave the order, etc. Our next season starts on March 30.

I am ahead of NO ONE! That is, truly, a private club.

The staggering of the scheduling is stooopid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm trying to verify that the Christmas special you're all discussing is the season 4 special that we in the U.S,. won't be seeing until the end of season 4, which starts here next week. Am I right about that?

I really hate the time delay we have for the Masterpiece shows. Today's technology being what it is, there is no reason they can't be aired at the same time other than the business practices of PBS and BBC.
    It was called a Christmas Special (or maybe Holiday Special), and it was on last night in the U.S. I'm not sure which season it was from, but it seemed to pick up where last season ended, so I don't think it's from next season, but who knows.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    It was called a Christmas Special (or maybe Holiday Special), and it was on last night in the U.S. I'm not sure which season it was from, but it seemed to pick up where last season ended, so I don't think it's from next season, but who knows.
    What aired last night was the season 3 Christmas special. The season 4 Christmas special aired last week in the UK. It will air as the season finale on PBS sometime in the spring, whenever they air season 4.

Last season seems like forever ago. Loved season 4. I'm ready for season 5!
    MFWalkoff likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I thought the Call of the Midwife Christmas Special that just aired was the end of Series 2. (A Christmas Special after the airing of each of the first two series.) To my knowledge Series 3 has not yet aired in the UK.

ETA: Downton Abbey has aired it's 4th season and Christmas Special. Perhaps that's where the mixup is. Or, I'm just completely lost.
    Punkin likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

CCL

Yes, I think we are mixing up shows.

The Call the Midwife Christmas special aired on PBS on Sunday. It took up after the events of season 2. Main events included the wedding of the Dr and Sheila, an unexploded bomb leading to an evacuation of parts of Poplar and the destruction of Nonnatus house. Next full season (3rd season) starts in March 2014 on PBS.

Downton Abbey's 4th season has aired in the UK and they had their Christmas special air in the UK on Christmas Day. This has not yet been shown on PBS. PBS will begin airing Season 4 of Downton shortly; the Christmas special will be shown as the last episode of the season (note - it doesn't actually take place at Christmas).

I just finished reading Death Comes to Pemberley. There was a miniseries based on the book that aired on the BBC last week. PBS has picked it up to air next year (not sure when). Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-30-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

Florimel, are you in the United States? If so you can watch last night's show here:
    Video: Holiday Special 2013 | Watch Call the Midwife Online | PBS Video
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Florimel, are you in the United States? If so you can watch last night's show here:
    Video: Holiday Special 2013 | Watch Call the Midwife Online | PBS Video
    Thanks, Miss_Griss, but your link was for the Call the Midwife special. I was inquiring about the Downton Abbey Christmas special. You all pretty much confirmed what I thought -- that the 2013 DA Christmas special was for Season 4, and we in the U.S. won't see it until the entire season has aired here. It's especially unfortunate because I'd love to be able to talk about the latest season with you who have watched it.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I thoroughly enjoyed Series 4 of DA. Can't wait for Series 5!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

And.... PBS stations schedules vary. So it is best, to set your timers for all episodes instead of new episodes and delete the ones you have already viewed.

+ Reply to Thread