+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spartacus on Starz

Spartacus on Starz

Betrayed by the Romans. Forced into slavery. Reborn as a Gladiator. The classic tale of the Republicís most infamous rebel comes alive in the graphic and visceral new series, Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Torn from his homeland and the woman he loves, Spartacus is condemned to the brutal world of the arena where blood and death are primetime entertainment. But not all battles are fought upon the sands. Treachery, corruption, and the allure of sensual pleasures will constantly test Spartacus. To survive, he must become more than a man. More than a gladiator. He must become a legend.

Starring Australian actor, Andy Whitfield (McLeod's Daughters) as Spartacus, Lucy Lawless (Xena: Warrior Princess) as Lucretia, John Hannah (The Mummy, Four Weddings and A Funeral) as Batiatus and Peter Mensah (300, The Incredible Hulk) as Doctore, this unique mix of live action, graphic novel effects and brutal battle sequences is set to make "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" an epic television event
    I really liked "Rome" so I plan to give this one a chance... anyone else?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Spartacus on Starz

Duxxy, you beat to starting this thread. Anyway I am really looking forward to seeing the premiere as the entire show is supposed to be shot in a very "300" like manner. In fact the show has gotten such a good buzz that Starz has already signed them up for season 2. Speaks volumes about the quality of this show. Please, please let it not disappoint.

Starts Friday, January 22, 2010 at 10pm ET.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I've seen an advance and it is very much shot like 300. It's very bloody, there is zero censorship when it comes to language and nudity. The storyline is good, I hope they can keep the momentum going.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3799815;
    I've seen an advance and it is very much shot like 300. It's very bloody, there is zero censorship when it comes to language and nudity. The storyline is good, I hope they can keep the momentum going.
    I heard that we get to see full frontal male nudity. mmmm...I wonder if they will be using body doubles. he he he he he .....

I heard an interview with Lucy Lawless a few days ago that made me interested to see this, it sounded fun. Not sure if I will actually be able to watch given the complete lack of censorship since I have kids in my house. Maybe I'll DVR a few episodes and see if I can watch at a time when kiddos are not present...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3799921;
    I heard an interview with Lucy Lawless a few days ago that made me interested to see this, it sounded fun. Not sure if I will actually be able to watch given the complete lack of censorship since I have kids in my house. Maybe I'll DVR a few episodes and see if I can watch at a time when kiddos are not present...
    Well it is on at 10pm on a Friday. The kids should be out leaving adults to enjoy adult viewing.

Well, the premiere was graphic in all areas. Very much like 300. I hope the story does start to take on its own identity. Lucy Lawless's character looks to be interesting.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I read a review that implied they blew a lot of the special effects $$ on the first episode....so maybe fewer geysers of blood in the later episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3805731;
    I read a review that implied they blew a lot of the special effects $$ on the first episode....so maybe fewer geysers of blood in the later episodes.
    Geysers....I would call them tsunamis.

Show repeats on Sundays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast