+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Spartacus on Starz

Re: Spartacus on Starz

The nice thing about cable is that even if you missed some of the episodes or the finale they will repeat it several times so you do have a chance to catch up. Check the Starzz schedule. TV Guide Online is also another great place to catch repeat episode times.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I finally got around to watching the finale and I must say it was impressive. I found the movement between past and present to be some of the most seamless that I've seen in a long time. My only question at the end was, 'where do they go now?"

Wow, that was a great finale!!! They really delivered on the "Kill Them All" promise. We sit there and think, well, of course, you train these people to be killing machines, what do you expect, lol. The gore really made sense; it was like experiencing one of those old bloody plays. Very cathartic. Even those shallow pools in the rooms that had always sort of bugged me made sense when they ended up filled with blood making that sloshing sound. A lot of the threads from the season were pulled in to wrap things up in a very satisfying way. Loved how Crixus gave Spartacus a leg up with his shield, as they did earlier when they had to fight together. Did not know until the end that Batiatus and his wife would be killed. They were such strong characters I didn't know if they were going to be in the next season.

Lucretia wasn't all the way dead in the final scene....do you think she could survive her wound or bleed to death?

Spartacus is now available through Netflix and one of my co-workers is really enjoying the series based on my recommendation. Glad to know I am spreading the joy this summer.

Just an FYI for Spartacus fans.

'Spartacus: Blood and Sand': Season 2 begins in January as a prequel series - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Fans of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" will be happy to hear that star Andy Whitfield, who has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma, will return to Starz in January. "Spartacus" will return in a prequel series, starring John Hannah and Lucy Lawless, the Chicago Tribune's Watcher blog reports.

Contrary to rumors, the role of Spartacus will not be re-cast.

According to Starz, Whitfield is "responding well" to treatment and will appear as Spartacus in 2 out of 6 planned episodes. The prequel series will focus on the rise of the House of Batiatus, the gladiator academy, and will revolve around the relationship between Lawless' and Hannah's characters, Lucretia and Batiatus.

"The prequel story maintains the excitement and entertainment value of the first season of 'Spartacus,' giving audiences the engaging experience they've come to expect," Starz President and CEO Chris Albrecht said in a statement released Tuesday, May 11.

"Fortunately, Andy is responding to his treatments, and will be able to be part of this prequel in a limited capacity."
    When Whitfield is able to get back to work on a more regular basis, the "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" story will continue where it left off. In the meantime, Starz is casting a new character, who preceded Spartacus and Crixus as the top gladiator at the House of Batiatus.

Aside from Hannah, Lawless, and Whitfield, fans can expect to see more familiar faces among the prequel's cast members. Returning favorites include Peter Mensah (Doctore), Manu Bennett (Crixus), Antonio Te Maioha
 (Barca), Nick E. Tarabay (Ashur), Lesley-Ann Brandt 
(Naevia). Production will begin this summer in New Zealand.

Spartacus star leaves show to battle cancer...

The Roman slave uprising has lost its leader.

The sexy, swordsy Starz television series Spartacus: Blood and Sand is going to be without its star Andy Whitfield for the second season. The network has announced that the series' chiseled hunk will depart from the show to undergo intense cancer treatments.

"It's with a deep sense of disappointment that I must step aside from such an exceptional project as Spartacus and all the wonderful people involved," Whitfield said in a statement.

"It seems that it is time for myself and my family to embark on another extraordinary journey."

The 36-year-old was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma last March. The cancer had appeared to be in remission before this most recent announcement.

________

Read more: Spartacus Star Leaves Series to Battle Cancer - E! Online
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Well, the second season was to be a prequel and Andy Whitfield wasn't supposed to be in it except for maybe a cameo.

What that article means, if I've read subsequent follow ups correctly, is that he wouldn't be back for the "third" season. He will not be in the follow up to the first season which is unfortunate, but even more so is the fact that his cancer returned.

This is bad news. I hope he can beat back this disease for a second time!

+ Reply to Thread