+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 24-Season 8

FORT Fan

Re: 24-Season 8

While CTU has never been warm and fuzzy, I haven't found any that I like so far. Eddie Prinze Jr's character is OK but the rest of them are just not endearing.

It feels to me like there are too many storylines right off the bat. Especially the Dana Walsh thing.

Very interesting to see that Renee has been "Bauer-cised"!

FORT Fan

There are always dumb storylines that you forget about by the time hour 16 rolls around. So far, the over-arching storyline (Nuke material to the President's brother) is weak. Not much immediate threat to the U.S. No "ticking time bomb" scenario that we've seen in the past. We've already seen nukes go off in season 2 and 6 and almost go off in season 4. Now we're just looking for the uranium. Nukes have already been done, and done better, by 24. We'll see if things pick up, but this week seemed like another "setting things up" episode.

I'm waiting to see if Renee's head explodes.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fan

So after 7 seasons of security breaches, moles, etc., the designers of the CTU building still have learned nothing? Evidently you can destroy CTU by just driving up to the front door and setting off a bomb. They didn't even need Hassan's daughter to drive there. Anyone could have driven upfront. That parole officer guy was able to. Kim Bauer drove up to the front door. I guess anyone can. There are no blast doors or car bomb detectors or security gate even! I mean they could have told her to stop the car, get out and run as soon as they figured out the bomb plot right, instead of having her drive to the front door if they knew that the front door offered zero protection.

And I love how the terrorists timed it perfectly, knowing that Kayla wouldn't get stuck at stoplights, or make a wrong turn, or go see her parents first, etc. and be right at the front door when the emp went off.

The new CTU was such a flashy facility. I hate seeing my tax dollars go up in smoke like that, LOL.

I read that 24 is doing so poorly in ratings this may be the last season.

this season been sucking badly...

but i found last nites episode entertaining... i LOL'd at some of the rediculousness

i mean, Jack trying to direct the NYPD and those dummies weren't listening, so obviously they ended up dead

that parole officer was being a douche, and how is it that he can just roam around CTU so freely ?

i have been waiting patiently for that Dana broad to die...

and wudda you know, another EMP... this time it was cool and of course CTU infiltrated again... vintage 24

next week, looks good... Jack to the rescue!

Way to go, Chloe!

I'm really enjoying this season.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fanatic

Tonight's episode was really good! Minus the Chloe thing (when will all these people learn to listen to Jack & Chloe?). Was mildly surprised to see who Dana really is (poor Cole!). That idiot parole officer was either on the take and hoping to blackmail or was a fraud. I just can't see any PO going to that much trouble over one parolee esp without getting local law enforcement involved first. And seriously, CTU is in the middle of a terrorism crisis and they're going to screech to a halt to give his problem priority?

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3860725;
    when will all these people learn to listen to Jack & Chloe
    But Jack is the one who arranged for the techie dingbats. First time I recall he has sabotaged Chloe, LOL.

Hastings has turned so lovable. He was such a tool the first couple episodes.

Almost 5 am. What is Renee doing still up fully dressed?

It's a ridiculous plot twist that Dana would be a mole, but I think I'll like her better in this role. Either way, I'm glad she offed the parole officer.

FORT Fan

Dana Walsh, mole... insert your own CTU's background screening process is worse than McDonald's joke here.

That makes no sense, does it? Why did she do all that crap with the old boyfriend? If she was really a ruthless terrorist/killer (as we saw her kill the parole officer), either she would have killed the two boneheads early on, or just ignored them, let them blow her cover story, and stay at CTU where she could have helped sabotage all the efforts and get the nuclear rods out, after which, she would have earned her money (or whatever the terrorists are offering her) and could leave the country. Who cares if you cover is blown? I mean, after assisting the terrorists, you figure she isn't so cocky that she would stay on at CTU and hope no one ever figures it out that it was her.

Anyways, we all know, Chloe will figure it out...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast