+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Being Erica on SoapNet

Being Erica on SoapNet

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this show! Since season 2 starts on 1/20 and SoapNet is running a season 1 marathon on 1/17, I thought I'd start a thread. I can't be the only FoRTer watching this.
    Erica Strange is 32 years old, perpetually single, and stuck in a series of dead-end jobs. But she's been given an amazing gift: the opportunity to relive regrets from her past, enabling her to change the present. Guided by the mysterious Dr. Tom, she weaves through present and past, realizing she needs to take control of her own destiny.
    This show reminds me a bit of Drop Dead Diva, in that it takes a totally improbable premise and creates a funny and surprisingly touching show. It's sort of the ultimate case of "Be careful what you wish for." Sometimes the results aren't an improvement.

They're running reruns like crazy right now, but there always an episode on Wednesdays at 10 p.m. I assume that will be the regular slot again when season 2 premieres in a few weeks. For those who don't get SoapNet, I think Google could bring you some sites that have episodes online
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Being Erica on SoapNet

There is a thread for this show somewhere, it's a Canadian show and it's fantastic. I've already seen season 2 so I won't spoil it for you. IMO it's really well done.

CBC.ca Video has all of the episodes
    Last edited by Duxxy; 01-10-2010 at 08:21 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I searched for a thread and didn't find it.

ETA: There were two posts about it (one from from you!) in this thread : Canadian TV

I knew it had already aired on Canadian TV.
    Last edited by Critical; 01-10-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ahhh I knew I had written something about it! LOL I'm getting old and forgetful. Canadian tv doesn't have the huge budget that the US channels do but we can put out some pretty good stuff
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3792146;
    ahhh I knew I had written something about it! LOL I'm getting old and forgetful. Canadian tv doesn't have the huge budget that the US channels do but we can put out some pretty good stuff
    Yes, Canadian TV definitely does put out some great shows. And some of my all time favorite series were Canadian (like Anne of Green Gables and Wind Behind Your Back), and are often shown on the Hallmark Channel.

So, thanks for the heads up about Being Erica. I didn't know about the show, but now I'll check it out.

+ Reply to Thread