+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jimmy Fallon Revisited

FORT Fogey

Jimmy Fallon Revisited

I know that we gave Jimmy a hard time when his show first started. He was so awkward and his timing was so off.

But I have been watching him lately and I really enjoy his show now. I think he's hitting his stride and feels more comfortable--so his audience feels comfortable too.

I've seen some bits of his that just seem brillaint to me--he did one on a futuristic Andy Rooney that was truly off the wall and really was brilliant. There have been a number of skits like that.

Anyway--I wonder what others think about him now?

Re: Jimmy Fallon Revisited

I caught him recently too and I still am not enjoying him. But I didn't enjoy him on SNL either. I just don't find him that funny generally speaking.

Hibernating

I really do not watch any late night talk shows, so I am not the best judge, but I did see his two "The Real Housewives of Late Night" parodies and I thought they were hilarious.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Lurk;3768292;
    I really do not watch any late night talk shows, so I am not the best judge, but I did see his two "The Real Housewives of Late Night" parodies and I thought they were hilarious.
    They've done several of these. I think they are available for viewing at the NBC site and probably also on youtube and hulu etc.

I don't even watch "the Housewives" shows and I find these hilarious and fascinating. Jimmy makes a very attractive woman!

LG.

the best part of his show (and I watch it fairly often) is The Roots and seeing them participate in comedy bits. That, and I also liked his Robert is Bothered parody of Robert Pattinson. He has some very off the wall bits, like the wheel of carpet samples, weiner toss, and dance your hat and socks off.

I agree that he is much improved over his initial couple of shows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread