+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384 LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

I watched the end of the repeat last evening (from the Sawyer/Juliet reunion onward). So much of the show made so much more sense. I cried more and appreciated the wrap-up more. The Kimmel show was good too.

Hubby told me not to watch, that it would be too difficult seeing everyone again. I told him it was a way for me to let go and move on, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3918422;
    I watched the end of the repeat last evening (from the Sawyer/Juliet reunion onward). So much of the show made so much more sense. I cried more and appreciated the wrap-up more. The Kimmel show was good too.

Hubby told me not to watch, that it would be too difficult seeing everyone again. I told him it was a way for me to let go and move on, LOL.
    i also watched it again....i cried just as much or more than i did the first time i saw it but i seemed to understand it more the 2nd time....but in usual LOST fashion....they left us with questions and things for us to talk and analyze about for the next 10 years....so for the writers that would be success
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3917954;
    Another unanswered question...that maybe I just missed the answer to... Did we ever find out why the women of the island had troubles with their pregnancies? But those who conceived off island did not? Or do we just assume it had something to do with the evil corked on the island or the "light" or the electromagnetic powers of the island? Thanks!
    They never came out and answered that one, but my feeling is that it goes back to what Ben told Hurley about Jacob's way of running things that didn't let people leave the island. Maybe that was one of Jacob's rules too. Once Hurley took over as the island keeper I'm sure lots of things changed. Especially since there was no longer a smoke monster scaring people and killing them.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

As I've been thinking about the island pregnancy issue, it's occurred to me that the pregnancies conceived on the island were manipulated by MIB to prevent population growth thus giving him fewer people to control. Eventually the older generation would die off and all he'd be left with were Jacob and his candidates to eliminate. Not being able to leave the island, he could not interfere with pregnancies conceived off-island. Just a thought.

I'm one not disappointed by perceived lack of answers. I thought all the answers fit the mythology and those left open were because we are encouraged to ponder our own answers. Of course, some of it was lack of time to wrap up everything, but I look as it more as if the island were a place similar to the Bermuda Triangle and other places we know of on Earth, which have mysteries we can't yet solve. We do know there have been military, governmental, and coroporate cover-ups about several of these places, so that also fits the Lost mythology.

One minor mystery has occurred to me as I've started to rewatch the show from the beginning. I guess it didn't occur to me because at the beginning of season 2, I had little idea of what was coming.

My question is, when Jin, Sawyer, and Michael washed up on the Tailies beach, why didn't Cindy, the flight attendant, recognize any of the as having been on Flight 815. She said she had a good memory for passenger faces, which a flight attendant would have, and we know she came to their section of the aircraft because we saw her speaking to Jack a few times. Seems she would have told the tailies she saw at least one of them on the plane.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3919187;
    As I've been thinking about the island pregnancy issue, it's occurred to me that the pregnancies conceived on the island were manipulated by MIB to prevent population growth thus giving him fewer people to control. Eventually the older generation would die off and all he'd be left with were Jacob and his candidates to eliminate. Not being able to leave the island, he could not interfere with pregnancies conceived off-island. Just a thought.

I'm one not disappointed by perceived lack of answers. I thought all the answers fit the mythology and those left open were because we are encouraged to ponder our own answers. Of course, some of it was lack of time to wrap up everything, but I look as it more as if the island were a place similar to the Bermuda Triangle and other places we know of on Earth, which have mysteries we can't yet solve. We do know there have been military, governmental, and coroporate cover-ups about several of these places, so that also fits the Lost mythology.

One minor mystery has occurred to me as I've started to rewatch the show from the beginning. I guess it didn't occur to me because at the beginning of season 2, I had little idea of what was coming.

My question is, when Jin, Sawyer, and Michael washed up on the Tailies beach, why didn't Cindy, the flight attendant, recognize any of the as having been on Flight 815. She said she had a good memory for passenger faces, which a flight attendant would have, and we know she came to their section of the aircraft because we saw her speaking to Jack a few times. Seems she would have told the tailies she saw at least one of them on the plane.
    I'm including you entire post because I really enjoyed it and agree with your analysis (though I never considered it before now) Thanks!

Also, Cindy was in first class, where Jack was...... so she might not have seen every one of the passengers sitting in coach.

I think Cindy was one of those I have always had Q's about, was she always one of the Others, or did she become one when they captured her and the children? Regardless, she probably did recognize some of the passengers, but was keeping a low profile. Remember when she approached Sawyer and Kate when they were in the cages. It is vague for me right now, but basically she told them to just do what they (the Others) say and they will be fine.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

on the enhanced episode did anyone see that it said that the sunken island existed in the sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3919221;
    I'm including you entire post because I really enjoyed it and agree with your analysis (though I never considered it before now) Thanks!

Also, Cindy was in first class, where Jack was...... so she might not have seen every one of the passengers sitting in coach.

I think Cindy was one of those I have always had Q's about, was she always one of the Others, or did she become one when they captured her and the children? Regardless, she probably did recognize some of the passengers, but was keeping a low profile. Remember when she approached Sawyer and Kate when they were in the cages. It is vague for me right now, but basically she told them to just do what they (the Others) say and they will be fine.
    Thanks for the compliment, Mike'sgirl. I've always enjoyed reading your analyses as well.

I do not think Jack was in first class. I still have my link to the seating chart and he was in Seat 23B across the aisle from Rose and where Bernard would have been in 23D and 23E. First class ended with row 6 and business class with row 10. Besides, Shannon said that she was sorry she'd been mean to the gate guy because he saved their lives by not allowing them into first class. They were in front of Jack.

I've always felt that Cindy was not one of the Others originally. I think she became converted after she and the children were taken. It's been a while since I watched season 3, which I'm just beginning now, but I'll watch for Cindy's advice to Kate and Sawyer.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

OK, I'll admit, I have not let go and moved on. Where is the Lost Anon group? LOL

We have discussed how Desmond had conscious links to both worlds. That seems equally applicable to Eloise. In one lifetime she had to raise Daniel to forsake all interests (like music) to solve the physics dilemma, and perhaps her killing him was part of that (so she would have his notes). In the other (sideways) lifetime she did not want Desmond to take Daniel from her.

Was Desmond sort of a grim reaper in that sense?

I think I've moved on. But thanks to all the FORTers who've discussed this for 6 years! See you guys on the other topics!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Fans of Lost may be interested in an up coming auction where hundreds of items from the show will be sold off. Everything from the Dharma bus, costumes, pices of the fuselage, and a ticket to flight 815! Buy a Piece of Oceanic Flight 815 During the Massive LOST Auction || Jaunted

+ Reply to Thread