+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by norm;3816937;
    But according to last night's episode they did NOT destroy the Swan Station. They tried to destroy it before it was built, but when they arrived in the present, the station looked like it did after Desmond blew it up, implying that the station was built, then destroyed, and prompting Sawyer to exclaim that Jack's plan did not work.
    But Juilet's final words were that it worked...... Even though we are assuming how the swan blew up, and Kate had that same impression; we don't really know what happened, yet. We do know that the first flight landed safely (in some alternate situation). What will happen to change the course of time for these characters back in 2004? (was that the year they took off?).

This is still a wait and see, but if some answers are given out in small doses between now and "The End", I think I will be happy.

I love the puzzles, and am glad some mystery is still going on even though in the beginning of last night's LA X part 1, I was frustrated a bit.

Oh so sorry for the double post!!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

Interesting point about the swan stations being destroyed before the flight. I would agree that it altered some things that happened, like Shannon not being on the plane. But I don't think that it altered Desmond. Since Desmond magically appeared after the turbulance, and then disappeared, and was not seen deplaning or in the airport, I think he was time travelling onto the plane for the moments where we saw him. That would also explain the time that Jack met him in the stadium running in a flashback. Since that was a flashback, we know it happened before Jack ever got on the plane to LA, and was likely the "I feel like I've met you" that Jack experienced. I think Desmond can travel through time to have encounters with people and try to push them to be where they need to be.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

And what about the scene where the island and statue was under water....what in the world was that all about!?!?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

MRD

And we got a brief glimpse of Claire in the taxi with Kate at the airport.

OK, the island isn't all THAT huge, but we've had Dharma, The others, Rousseau and now the other others in the temple. Everyone seems to amble all over the island, but yet, it appears that very few of them ever encounter each other. How many people and groups ARE there? And who are the hippy looking dude and the asian man at the temple?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3817045;
    And what about the scene where the island and statue was under water....what in the world was that all about!?!?
    I was thinking that when the bomb went off, it sunk the island.

I didn't realize until last night that Desmond was on the plane. Some passengers not on the plane(at least I didn't see them) were Eko and Ana Lucia.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the bomb. But then...Kate, Jack, Sawyer etc...wouldn't have been there trying to save Juliet and then going to the temple....

Desmond wasn't on the original plane...that was something that was changed. Didn't Ana Lucia arrive later....on the helicopter?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3817164;
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the bomb. But then...Kate, Jack, Sawyer etc...wouldn't have been there trying to save Juliet and then going to the temple....

Desmond wasn't on the original plane...that was something that was changed. Didn't Ana Lucia arrive later....on the helicopter?
    Well, if the bomb(remember-it was exploded in 1977) created parallel universes/realities/whatever...in one universe, they're on the plane and it never crashed while the island is under water. In the other, they're all still on the island in present time. Heck, I don't know.

I thought Ana Lucia, Eko,...who else was there...Libby?...were sitting in the tail section of the plane.
    Last edited by lildago; 02-03-2010 at 03:46 PM.

So, the people on the island post-bomb -- are they still in 1977, or are they in 2004 (or whatever year they're in in L.A.)?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think we're in for a heck of a ride with a lot of surprises coming. Some things I am musing about --

What is the significance of the LA X title? What does X mean in this context? X marks the spot, X as the unknown (solve for X), X as the Roman numeral 10 (the Los Angeles 10 or the year 2010)?

Why are the hairstyles of Jack, Charlie, and Rose so different from the first plane trip? I don't believe it's because the actors changed their hair. If Carlton/Damon wanted them to look exactly the same, that's how it would have been. There were some other subtle changes too, such as the number of drinks on Jack's tray table.

Some of the changes were practical ones. They clearly could not have shown Walt because of the growth spurt and so they couldn't show Michael either since they sat together. They had to change the Shannon/Boone backstory because Maggie Grace couldn't or wouldn't be there.

I think they made it very clear that our Losties' lives would connect again in this alternate reality with Sawyer possibly pulling a con on Hurley, with Charlie arrested and Kate a fugitive again, with Kate and Claire having met in the taxi, and with Jack and Claire discovering their relationship. At least some of them seem to have an inkling that something is off. I think Jack's statement to Locke that "Nothing is irreversible," means more than just some spinal surgery.

The next episode title is "What Kate Does," as compared with Season 1's, "What Kate Did." I expect some signficant events in that one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3817199;
    So, the people on the island post-bomb -- are they still in 1977, or are they in 2004 (or whatever year they're in in L.A.)?
    Didn't Kate say they traveled in time(blinding light/headaches/hearing loss) back to some point after Desmond blew up the Swan hatch? I believe that's what happened. Still weird how Juliet was down there.

+ Reply to Thread