+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2666676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3911228;
    I missed the litle bit on Kimmel where "Sawyer" was on via video... what was going on there? Is he on another show already?
    He is filming the movie "Snakes on a Plane 2: Electric Boogaloo". LMAO!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;3911615;
    He is filming the movie "Snakes on a Plane 2: Electric Boogaloo". LMAO!!
    You are not serious! There's a Snakes on a Plane 2???!!! And the electric boogaloo explains the weird dance I came into the room to see on my screen.....

Well, as "Locke" said to Kimmel when Kimmel asked TQ how he was... "I'm unemployed!"... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....Snakes on a Plane or not. Maybe he doesn't want to be typecast as the brooding aggressive Sawyer type....

Re Sun/Jin's kid---she was born after Sun left the island... she was pregnant when she saw Jin apparently get blown up on the ship and then flew away in the helicopter. Jin never saw the baby born....even in sideways world he just saw a sonogram. So the baby was actually in the church?
    I like the explanationa above as to why Aaron was a baby again (happy times when he was), but then Sun should still be pregnant through eternity. Talk about your punishments!

Earlier someone asked where Nikki was since we briefly saw Paulo. I know Jack was giving a nurse some instructions about Locke's post op care when Locke woke up, and Jack addressed the nurse by name....but I've forgotten the nurse's name. At the time I wondered why she got so many lines and a name....couldn't place her... could that have been Nikki? Someone who taped it can tell us?

I don't think the sideways world is exactly Purgatory or Limbo.... I like the idea someone had many pages earlier here, that it is a place where people work out the things they didn't resolve before they died. So Jack had a son that he always wanted apparently....judging by his behavior with Aaron. Not so sure why Locke had to work out stuff re his dad (which I assume is why he refused to walk again, as punishment for "killing" his dad....but why would he have killed his dad in sideways world...in the real world he gave him a body part to keep him alive, AND his dad tried to kill HIM, not vice versa....maybe it was a way of working out the rage he felt towards his dad over his dad's treatment of him...maybe that rage was "homocidal", and he could only "let go" when he'd worked it through?).
    So the sideways world isn't Purgatory or Limbo, it's more of a giant therapy session....
    And I agree, the ending was a bit schmaltzy, but still very emotionally satisfying. I don't mind being emotionally manipulated by happy endings if I can kind of make them make sense afterwards.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3911643;
    You are not serious! There's a Snakes on a Plane 2???!!! :

Exatly my thoughts!

so let me get this straight, the whole LOst island was purgaroty? they all actually died and this was all not real?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3911643;
    You are not serious! There's a Snakes on a Plane 2???!!! And the electric boogaloo explains the weird dance I came into the room to see on my screen.....
    Hehe Not sure what he's exactly working on/filming but the Snakes on a Plane bit was hilarious. He was satellite from Toronto.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

The reason the group was in purgatory together was b/c they were the ones who had the closest ties with each other for whatever reason, which is why Penny was included with Desmond and Juliet was with Sawyer, not necessarily because they'd all been on the plane together.

Alex wasn't there b/c she probably felt more tied to her boyfriend before she died than she did to her father and the group. And Russo wasn't there b/c she didn't have a relationship with any of them. Richard wasn't there b/c he would've preferred to be with his wife (now that he could die). Walt was not there because after he left the island, he created stronger ties elsewhere, as I'm assuming Miles and Lepidus did also. But, for the core group, the ties to the island were their closest ties in life, so they became the same in death as well. I thought this was some pretty powerful stuff.

Katesmom explained my exact thoughts on why they all looked the way they did so I'll just refer to her post.

Jacobson, from what I've read/heard -- everything on the island was real (including the final escape by Miles, Lepidus, Claire, Kate, Richard and Sawyer) but everything that we saw in the sideways universe was purgatory and that was not "real".
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3911647;
    Exatly my thoughts!

so let me get this straight, the whole LOst island was purgaroty? they all actually died and this was all not real?
    While there are people who will disagree with me, I think that the Island was real life, sideways world was purgatory/limbo/giant therapy session place. The people were alive on the Island. Jacob's touch had allowed the passengers of Oceanic 815 to survive the crash. I just think that LindeCruse put in sideways world as purgatory for the last season as a wink to all the fans and speculation that the Island was purgatory the first few seasons. At least it amused me to have purgatory in sideways world and I was someone who initially speculated that the Island was purgatory. Lindecruse has always been adamant that the Island was NOT purgatory and last night Christian Shepherd specifically told Jack that the Island was real.

FORT Fan

While I enjoyed the ending with the characters and the Jacob/MIB mythology, I do wish that more had been explained with the Dharma Initiative and its objective being on the Island. There is probably enough material there for its own series. LOST: The Dharma Perspective. They could do shout outs to the LOST events, but from the perspective on the Dharma folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3911686;
    While I enjoyed the ending with the characters and the Jacob/MIB mythology, I do wish that more had been explained with the Dharma Initiative and its objective being on the Island. There is probably enough material there for its own series. LOST: The Dharma Perspective. They could do shout outs to the LOST events, but from the perspective on the Dharma folks.
    Yes on the Dharma stuff and maybe in time we might see an interpretation on what that was. We would have been here for ages just to explain everything with the Dharma Initiative. I could almost see that in a series of novels, much akin to what has been done with the Star Wars and Star Trek universes. This way we can still imagine the characters visually (Sawyer as played by Josh Holloway, etc...) and get more information as to life in the Dharma Initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3911472;
    And like someone said, Juliet's death seemed significant because she was the one who told Miles that "it worked." Um, writers...that was only a season ago, why did you abandon that plotline?
    I took "it worked" to mean the creation of the "sideways" world in which the island was underwater and Oceanic 815 didn't crash, yet even without the island, the characters would meet and interact, but in different ways. This would remain unknown to the parallel world on the Island -- and the "awakenings" would be the main force in the resolution, bringing in, of course, the danglers such as Dharma, Mr. Eko, 815's abducted children, etc. Maybe this was one of the ideas for the ending, but in the end they got lazy and went for the cliché.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3911682;
    While there are people who will disagree with me, I think that the Island was real life, sideways world was purgatory/limbo/giant therapy session place. The people were alive on the Island. Jacob's touch had allowed the passengers of Oceanic 815 to survive the crash. I just think that LindeCruse put in sideways world as purgatory for the last season as a wink to all the fans and speculation that the Island was purgatory the first few seasons. At least it amused me to have purgatory in sideways world and I was someone who initially speculated that the Island was purgatory. Lindecruse has always been adamant that the Island was NOT purgatory and last night Christian Shepherd specifically told Jack that the Island was real.

yeah when in doubt, just go back and listen to Christians lines

seems they wrote them so that people would know exactly what was going on...

so it shouldn't really be any questions regarding the sideways and whatnot

the island was never purgatory (well unless you consider the whisperers...hmm )

+ Reply to Thread