+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3911228;
    Considering Aaron got off the island early and was left behind when he was still young by step mom Kate, not sure why he's in the church by that reasoning, but I agree it works for others. Sun's baby for example. "Michael" just said on Kimmel that he is still wandering the island whispering at people because he wasn't good enough to get into the church.

I missed the litle bit on Kimmel where "Sawyer" was on via video... what was going on there? Is he on another show already?
    Aaron was born on the island. Despite the fact that he was not there that long his life affected people around him, making him significant. He became something that Claire and Charlie bonded over. He was the reason Kate returned to the island.

I am still reeling yes, but this was a very satisfying ending even if all my questions are not answered.

The finale sucked big time. The last 2 seasons really had nothing to do with the first seasons. What a let down and waste of time. Kind of like the Harry Potter books. The first four were brilliant. The last three sucked rocks! >:-(

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Loved it! And cried like a baby! So sad I won't be able to enjoy all these wonderful characters every week. What a fabulous job they all did. Congratulations to the entire cast & crew for making one of televisions greatest shows! It will be SO missed!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

That ending to our epic journey was so incredibly emotional. I cried too Juls! I'm so, so glad we were brought back to the core dichotomy of the series which is faith versus reason. And the polarities are so lyrical with our man of faith being named after the father of empiricism, John Locke, and our man of science being the son of a Christian Shepherd. And in the end faith triumphs through empirical evidence. It just doesn't get any more profound than that, I think, or more poetically and beautifully simple.

And the unanswered questions of the island, I think, are Buddhist streams of consciousness while the alternate reality was some sort of hybrid of a Christian purgatory and maybe a sort of wish fulfillment or dream state that helped that characters work through issues that they weren't able to resolve in the communal Buddhist settings of the Dharma initiative and the temple but aren't really reality the way the island was. Lots of other open questions and issues but we've just been given the framework and maybe there are some clues waiting for us when we go back and watch it within that framework.

So, does anyone want to go back and watch over 120 episodes to try and unravel some more of life's lost mysteries?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

MRD

When Jack saw the plane fly overhead he smiled. I think that plane made it. So just miles, lapidius, sawyer, kate, clair and richard made it off the island. And BTW airplanes of that size that Lapidius flew? They aren't self starting. Outside battery trucks are rolled up to the plane to start it. The size of the batteries are too big and heavy for a plane to carry. There are enough batteries on a plane to keep certain systems functioning, but to get those jet engines started they need an ourside source. So that plane getting off the island was a REAL stretch for me, but I was willing to buy into it and think those were the only survivors that made it off the island.

I think the wreckage on the beach was the original plane. That wreckage didn't go away. Yeah, they used some of it to build shelter, but things like the engine and fuselage would have still been there. OR, they all died in the original crash and the time on the island was something they had to do in order to get into "heaven".

And Ben refused to go in, even after Hurley asked him. And the exchange they had about number 1 and 2 led me to believe that they had spent a lot of time together on the island afterwards being "Jacob" and "Richard".

Richard was also not in the church at the end.

Well for such a tight show that was edgy and different, that had me captivated for 5 seasons, I have to say I was kind of disappointed. The end was sappy and romantic and was just a clever way of putting Bobby Ewing in that shower on Dallas.
    Everyone "lives" happily ever after and is paired up like some soap opera.
    Sorry, I thought it was a disappointment to end it like that. But I guess there weren't many other ways to end it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3911279;
    When Jack saw the plane fly overhead he smiled. I think that plane made it. So just miles, lapidius, sawyer, kate, clair and richard made it off the island. And BTW airplanes of that size that Lapidius flew? They aren't self starting. Outside battery trucks are rolled up to the plane to start it. The size of the batteries are too big and heavy for a plane to carry. There are enough batteries on a plane to keep certain systems functioning, but to get those jet engines started they need an ourside source. So that plane getting off the island was a REAL stretch for me, but I was willing to buy into it and think those were the only survivors that made it off the island.

I think the wreckage on the beach was the original plane. That wreckage didn't go away. Yeah, they used some of it to build shelter, but things like the engine and fuselage would have still been there. OR, they all died in the original crash and the time on the island was something they had to do in order to get into "heaven".

And Ben refused to go in, even after Hurley asked him. And the exchange they had about number 1 and 2 led me to believe that they had spent a lot of time together on the island afterwards being "Jacob" and "Richard".

Richard was also not in the church at the end.

Well for such a tight show that was edgy and different, that had me captivated for 5 seasons, I have to say I was kind of disappointed. The end was sappy and romantic and was just a clever way of putting Bobby Ewing in that shower on Dallas.
    Everyone "lives" happily ever after and is paired up like some soap opera.
    Sorry, I thought it was a disappointment to end it like that. But I guess there weren't many other ways to end it.
    Right, that was still the original wreckage even though it was a much later point in time! And it was shown to bring Jack's ending back to his beginning, like the opening and closing of his eye.

And that was our clue about number 1 and 2 and them having played those roles for a long time - past the point of Jack's death.

I like sappy endings so I loved it. I'm so sappy that, in some ways, I would have been even happier if they were all still alive through some sort of magic of the island, but that wouldn't have answered faith versus reason in the same way, I guess.

On Jimmy Kimmel's after show they showed some alternate endings and one was Kate waking up in bed with Bob Newhart and saying she had the strangest dream.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

If that was the ending the writers originally thought of then they shouldn't have relied so heavily on the scientific things they threw at us. Yeah, I get the faith versus science stuff but the ending I saw last night seemed to me to be written for an entirely different concept than what they've been giving us for the past six years.

The writers adamantly denied the island was purgatory after fans called it right after the series premiere. So it appears they thought "well they figured that out too quickly so let's make up a sideways world that will be purgatory and then we won't be lying" .

I loved the merging of consciousness and the reunions but wish they could have lived on in the sideways world as their "real world" and then the scientific (and mysterious) stuff would still hold water for me.

To many very important questions left unanswered. Yes, there were beautiful moments last night but the ending doesn't fit with the show that I've constructed in mind these past six seasons. To be fair, the writers did say they knew some people would be let down. I really wish that I wasn't one of them .

ETA: I must have missed the explanation but why wasn't Evangeline Lily on Jimmy with the rest of the cast?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-24-2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Newbie

I agree with you 'myrosiedog' the Bobby in the shower season on Dallas was what I thought of too. I enjoyed the show up until Jack realized he was dead.

If this was how the ending was supposed to be when they originally thought up the idea for this series I feel like we were duped.
    I felt the ending was a cop out. Ending it like that, they didn't have to explain anything because the whole thing wasn't real. We were told how smart the writers were and we were going to be amazed at the ending.
    It didn't take any intelligence to come up with that ending and the rest was just a writer geeks imagination. Since they didn't have to explain anything at the end it didn't matter what they put in the show because it meant nothing.

It was a very sappy ending and I felt an insult to all the people following this show for 6 years. I like happy endings but this ending didn't seem happy to me since everyone was dead. I wanted them to 'live' together.

Also, what was the deal with Jack having a son in the sideways when he didn't really have one. That seemed to be a useless storyline.

I took the plane at the end to be the original Oceanic 815 and everyone died at the time of the crash. Claire's baby was also dead because he had never actually been born and lived with Kate off the island. Same with Sun and Jin's baby. Why else would the babies be with them?

When Kate and Jack arrived at the church she was wearing the black cocktail dress Desmond gave her. Inside the church she had a green tank top. Was that one of her island tops? Did everyone/anyone in the church revert back to what they were wearing on the island?

(My membership to Lostpedia was just approved, LOL.)

Logically, the conclusion doesn't satisfy. It's hard to tie the major mysteries of the island to the sentiment "let go and move on." On an emotional level, the series ended perfectly. Since it began with Jack's eye opening as he woke up in the bamboo field, it's fitting it should end with his eye closing in the bamboo field. With Vincent, of course. If we start searching the details to reconcile the finale with everything else we've seen, we will have some questions. The finale had everything I'd hoped it would have...closure, plenty of action, and flashbacks to major events on the island.

I've read a lot of comments here and on other sites from disappointed fans because we were told the island wasn't purgatory. Well, it wasn't, but the sideways world basically was. Everyone died but not together(at the same time). We can't fit the sideways reality into a linear timeline. Christian said it was a place they all made together so they could find each other because the most important time of their lives was the time they spent together. It was a place for them all to come to grips with what they did/didn't do in life. Essentially, they found atonement in life and then accepted it in death so they could move on to the afterlife.

I'd like to know where some of the others were in the end...Richard, Miles, Michael, Walt, Daniel, Eko. And why didn't Ben want to go inside....perhaps he wasn't ready to accept everything and move on. Maybe some people weren't there because they're still waiting for their loved ones to join them so they can have their "moment." Maybe they've already had their moment and moved on.

Overall, I'm happy with the ending. I wanted a "happily ever after" for the characters I've grown to love more than anything else.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread