+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

FORT Fan

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Count me as disappointed. No idea what's going on with the two different storylines, but as others have noted, I thought we were supposed to be getting answers, not another new mystery. I thought it would come to some amazing explanation of the two storylines, but we'll have to wait for next week for that I guess. Or I hope they resolve that next week. Just like previous seasons, they reveal the "flashforward" in one episode or the "traveling through time" in one episode. Hope they resolve the "parallel universe" thing soon.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I'm not upset at the new questions....I take it as all part of the adventure that is Lost. I didn't expect to get all kinds of answers on the season premiere. I'm hoping that by the end....we'll have at least some. I read an article that said....all questions won't be answered, so don't get your hopes up. But the main questions...the important ones....will be.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Hibernating

I loved it. The two hours just flew by. I think LOST is about the best television show there has ever been. I have watched since the first episode. I will definitely miss it so I plan to really enjoy it this last season!

Poor Juliet.....

I'm bothered that Boone's sister wasn't on the plane. It wasn't the same flight as the one that crashed. I guess I'm ok Desmond was on the plane this time. But it means that a lot of history changed even though there were a lot of similarities as well. Like Christian's casket not making it onto the plane.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

What a great episode! DH was playing poker last night so I get to watch it again tonight.

I, too, think that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sayid will be the conduit for Jacob to continue his fight. If the other guy (guy in black) used Locke, who was dead, then I would think Jacob would use Sayid.

I loved seeing some of the old characters in the parallel universe (love me some Boon!) but
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when he said that he couldn't talk his sister into leaving her boyfriend--isn't that wrong?? Changing the crash shouldn't have prevented Shannon from being on the plane, right??

And a couple more things--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    did anyone else get the impression that Jack kind of 'remembered' the alternate universe while on the plane?? Does anyone think Sun set up Jin with the money?? And, lastly, was anyone else depressed at the parallel story--how Jack & Locke *should* have been with each other. I think Jack's last line to Locke is the core of the series-- "nothing is irreversible".
    It'll be interesting to find out!!!

And sorry for all the spoilers, I just didn't want to ruin anything but I'm really curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CSW, what I recall Jack almost remembering was how he knew Desmond. But he had previously met him separate from the island, while he was jogging in a sports arena, or something like that.

Is it ok to talk without spoilers now? Jacob isn't "using" Locke's body. Locke's body is laying in the sand. So how can "Esau" be using Sayid's body? We have a whole season to get through, so I'm not expecting answers right away and am enjoying the parallel universe story for now. Remember, they destroyed the swan station way before their own flight, so other things, like Desmond being sucked onto the island would have never happened. But why did he disappear on the plane? Where is Christian? I don't think Sun planted the money, but I do think she lied about knowing English. She was planning to ditch him before.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3816506;
    August 24, 2010 is the release date per Amazon, but what a price discrepancy between blu-ray season 5 ($34.99) and season 6 ($55.99). Even the regular DVD will sell for ($38.99) on final season.
    But, I want a complete set and am hoping they will provide behind the scene footage. Maybe even the alternate endings they will most likely shoot to keep the ending spoiler-proof.....
    I've found that Amazon's price generally drops as the release date nears. I had pre-ordered season 5 for day of release delivery. They dropped the price by two dollars about a week or so later and credited my account for that amount. In any case I plan on completing my set.

I watched all three hours last night and they sped by. It's already given me some ideas and I think this final season will live up to expectations.

Also watched Damon and Carlton on Jimmy Kimmel last night. They announced that the finale will air on May 23 (a Sunday night).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3816820;
    Is it ok to talk without spoilers now? Jacob isn't "using" Locke's body. Locke's body is laying in the sand. So how can "Esau" be using Sayid's body? We have a whole season to get through, so I'm not expecting answers right away and am enjoying the parallel universe story for now. Remember, they destroyed the swan station way before their own flight, so other things, like Desmond being sucked onto the island would have never happened. But why did he disappear on the plane? Where is Christian? I don't think Sun planted the money, but I do think she lied about knowing English. She was planning to ditch him before.
    But according to last night's episode they did NOT destroy the Swan Station. They tried to destroy it before it was built, but when they arrived in the present, the station looked like it did after Desmond blew it up, implying that the station was built, then destroyed, and prompting Sawyer to exclaim that Jack's plan did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3816656;
    I'm bothered that Boone's sister wasn't on the plane. It wasn't the same flight as the one that crashed. I guess I'm ok Desmond was on the plane this time. But it means that a lot of history changed even though there were a lot of similarities as well. Like Christian's casket not making it onto the plane.
    First let me say that although Damon and Carlton have said they won't answer every question about each character (we may not know Libby's backstory) but we will know the answers to all of the important, significant questions. So, Norm...... answers are still coming, but it will take a little while... (You wouldn't really want to know everything right at the start of the season would you? )

I found it interesting that Charlie said he was supposed to die. It could be that all of the characters that have died on the show in past seasons, will die in the parallel universe at some point too??? If so, I wonder if that will lead to some unity between the two time periods? I think that it will be a few more episodes before we see the castmates united in the same time period.

Gut I agree that Locke's body isn't being used, but his appearance is being replicated by smokey monster Esau. But, it does appear as if Sayid's body has some significance or usefulness to Jacob. There is no other body lying around, yet Sayid is "alive" or is he? As I mentioned above, it would be interesting if a man who has brought so much suffering and misery to others by his past deeds, achieved some sort of forgiveness and redemption by Jacob using his body, or a replication of it; to fight smokey/Locke/Esau. I have no idea if they will go in that direction, but I would like to see that happen.

I have a feeling that everyone who has died on the island, is really dead. Claire, may also be dead (explosion), but I have no idea if she really is and that is one character that I hope is still alive. Christian, I think is/was dead - but who has been replicating his body? I have no clue who the "good guys" really are, I do intuitively feel though that smokey/Locke/Esau is a negative energy, and that Jacob (positive energy) needed Sayid's body to be in the temple, for a higher good yet to come. I want good to triumph over evil in the end! Without that the show would have been a waste (for me).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread