+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 84 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

either Ben is stupid (i don't believe this for a second) or has something up his sleeves

follow this conversation between Bob/Ben

Bob said something along the lines of "when i leave i still want you to watch over the island"

fast forward a few minutes...

Bob tells Ben he's gonna destroy the island

?????

another issue was with Widmore

Widmore previously told Jin that if Bob leaves that his daughter, everybody would cease to exist

yesterday, Bob threatens to kill Penny and Widmore wants to make a deal... i thought it didn't matter?

---

anyways... i read a synopsis of the finale, sounds like it's gonna be really good.

interesting thing is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a certain male and a female will be in the ultimate flash forward
    *NOT REALLY A SPOILER BUT I'LL SPOILERIZE IT AND MAKE IT VAGUE JUST TO MESS WITH YOU*

So are the "alternate endings" on Kimmel actual alternate endings the Lost producers made or Jimmy Kimmel farces? Because if there are several endings and you can pick the one you like, that's just the ultimate in lameness.
    Count your blessings!

naw it's all Kimmel produced

similar to the connect 14 million production w/ jacob/bob

only one ending was made

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3908338;
    So are the "alternate endings" on Kimmel actual alternate endings the Lost producers made or Jimmy Kimmel farces? Because if there are several endings and you can pick the one you like, that's just the ultimate in lameness.
    Most complex movies film alternate endings that we can now see on many of their DVD's. They are usually similar in nature but with differing outcomes. Often they are shown to focus groups to get an audience take on various outcomes. Book authors, too, often write several endings before deciding on one. It used to be that we, as viewers or readers, never knew about them, but with the Internet and DVD recordings, we do.

With Lost, I suspect they wrote alternative endings both as part of the creative process and as a way to keep the secrets of the show, something Lost has done better than any show I can think of.

Anyhow, that's just what I think. Won't know for sure until I see them, but watch them I shall.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I saw a Twitter from Damon or Carlton, that mentioned the alternate endings. At the time I read it, I thought they were talking about actual alternate endings in case the end got out. When we saw the casket at the end of one of the prior season finale's way back when..... they actually shot 3 endings with a different person in the casket each time. Prepared to play it out with one of the others instead of Locke, should it leak.

I could be wrong, since it was based on my understanding of the moment; but I think we will see the actual alternate endings.

I am not sure whether to root for fake Locke/MIB/Bob or not. He believed Claudia when she told him she was his mother, and ever since just wanted to leave the island; so he has been punished all these years for wanting to leave and for Jacob's anger. I really am not sure who to be rooting for here. Jacob certainly is not all good, plus he believed a crazy woman....... Maybe the "light" is not good but pure evil disguised as good. I have no clue how they will resolve everything, but I wasn't thrilled with last night's episode.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Whoops, I forgot to mention that TV Guide has a great montage/mosaic Lost cover for the tribute to Lost issue (May 24 - June 6, 2010).

You can go to TV Guide magazine's Facebook page to download a 16X20 inch version, so that you can study every one of over 1000 photos.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3908332;
    either Ben is stupid (i don't believe this for a second) or has something up his sleeves

follow this conversation between Bob/Ben

Bob said something along the lines of "when i leave i still want you to watch over the island"

fast forward a few minutes...

Bob tells Ben he's gonna destroy the island

?????

another issue was with Widmore

Widmore previously told Jin that if Bob leaves that his daughter, everybody would cease to exist

yesterday, Bob threatens to kill Penny and Widmore wants to make a deal... i thought it didn't matter?

---

anyways... i read a synopsis of the finale, sounds like it's gonna be really good.

interesting thing is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a certain male and a female will be in the ultimate flash forward
    *NOT REALLY A SPOILER BUT I'LL SPOILERIZE IT AND MAKE IT VAGUE JUST TO MESS WITH YOU*
    I agree Dogg!

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3908353;
    Most complex movies film alternate endings that we can now see on many of their DVD's. They are usually similar in nature but with differing outcomes. Often they are shown to focus groups to get an audience take on various outcomes. Book authors, too, often write several endings before deciding on one. It used to be that we, as viewers or readers, never knew about them, but with the Internet and DVD recordings, we do.

With Lost, I suspect they wrote alternative endings both as part of the creative process and as a way to keep the secrets of the show, something Lost has done better than any show I can think of.

Anyhow, that's just what I think. Won't know for sure until I see them, but watch them I shall.
    I swear in the last week or so I have read an article interviewing Jacob/Bob (People maybe) in which they asked them about alternative endings and the answer was that they only filmed one ending.

there was on one ending made by the show

alt endings are jimmy kimmel produced... they will have the actual actors and whatnot, but they are all jimmy kimmel/abc...billy d williams may be in one (not true, just describing what you should expect)

old cow

i thought these alt. endings would be the same deal as when we discovered who was in the coffin (season 3 i think). As in the actual ending was Locke but it showed Des and someone else in there as well.

+ Reply to Thread