+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

I thought it was quite a good episode and confirmed several of my speculations, including that Jacob and MIB were brothers and that the Alison Janney character was their mother (albeit not their biological mother). It made me think of the "he must not be raised by another" warning given to Claire in season 1 and also somewhat confirmed my belief that the inability of women to give birth on the island was connected to this mythology.

I liked the tie-in to Adam and Eve in the cave and the flash to Jack and Kate's finding them. I'm wondering about a tie-in between Jacob and MIB always calling each other, "Brother," and Desmond's calling everyone, "Brother." I'm still convinced that Desmond is very important to the story. I also felt the tie-in between Mom killing off the colony survivers and Ben killing the Dharma colony as a boy. These were very similar looking scenes.

In any case, it was very clear that the basic story was in place from the beginning.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3901235;
    I thought they were speaking Latin and Claudia is a latin name (I know that because it's my name and the meaning of it in latin is "one who is lame"). So I kind of felt that she was probably Roman and the ship and those people that apparabntly ship wrecked with her were Roman.
    I thought when claudia spoke it was spanish, since I actually understood it. Does anyone know if Latin/spanish sound the same? But then I thought it was weird that mom was speaking Latin & Claudia could understand her. So, who knows, obviously not me!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3901313;
    I thought when claudia spoke it was spanish, since I actually understood it. Does anyone know if Latin/spanish sound the same? But then I thought it was weird that mom was speaking Latin & Claudia could understand her. So, who knows, obviously not me!
    Spanish, like the other Romance languages (French, Italian, Portuguese, and Romanian) are derived from Latin, so they have many similar words and roots. But, of coruse, they are not identical.

The modern languages have also derived and changed over time; Latin has not.

Hope this helps a little.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

The more I think about it, I'm beginning to think the light in the cave is kind of like the box in Tomb Raider's Cradle of Life. It held the secret to everything, but it was too much for mankind to possess, so it had to have a guardian.

I read the recap on Entertainment Weekly which made a lot of sense and made me not hate the episode so much.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

i watched again and read some other lost sites...

seems like many didn't like the eps

i think it is more because of the anticipation and the eps came out dull, maybe if they would have extended it so we can see what happened after jacob laid the 2 bodies there and what happened once the smoke came out of the hole and when jacob became aware of things and start leaving the island

Bob-ra made references to the light/island being the source of everything and if something happened to it "the light would go out everywhere" similar to when jacob did the wine bottle/cork demonstartion with richard or when widmore said that if bob gets out everthing will cease to exist

i done got over my initial hate of the episode after rewatching. i still would have done it differently (btw, the s3 bai ling episode was bad because she was in it, the a-story part on island was watchable)

you know when i rewatched and young bob (i thought that kid was perfect playing young bob) said how the bright light was beautiful eeriely sounded like when john locke was talking to mr eko about the smoke monster and said he saw a bright light and it was beautiful

i think if they expand on some things in the next eps/finale then the eps wont seem so bad in the big picture

they really didn't say what the island is, i think the light story may play some part in the finale

as far as "answers"... i'm pretty simple, i don't care about trivial stuff, but i do want them to explain everyones purpose is/was (incl Ilana, Bob-ra, richard of course and finsh what they started with Jacob/bob)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3902028;
    Bob-ra made references to the light/island being the source of everything and if something happened to it "the light would go out everywhere" similar to when jacob did the wine bottle/cork demonstartion with richard or when widmore said that if bob gets out everthing will cease to exist
    Didn't the light go out? It seemed to be replaced by the smoke. So what was Jacob left to protect or prevent from happening?

the light didn't go out... (you see it seeping through the future donkey wheel)

and who completed the donkey wheel? (the system to "channel the light and the water" was designed by Bob and his people)

last i checked Bob & everyone else was dead

I guess once Jacob became aware of everything and started to bring people to the island, those people completed the wheel, statue, lighthouse and all the other construction projects

---

Bob-ra told Jacob never to go down there; he asked will he die, she said it would be something worst than death ie smokemonster... i guess the smoke coming out was Bob's essence mixed with evil
    Last edited by Dogg; 05-13-2010 at 12:55 PM.

So, Jacob wanted to believe there was no world beyond the see and was content staying on the island, which is fine because none of them had found a way to get off the island. So... how did Jacob manage to find his way off the island to touch the Oceanic 6 over the years? Sawyer was a boy (1960's?) when he "met" Jacob. Sun and Jin didn't meet him until (presumably) the early 2000s when they got married. So, he was obviously going back and forth between the island and non-island areas. How was he getting back and forth all those years? I doubt he donkey-wheeled himself into Tunisia each time. I also want to know how MIB acquired or found out he had the ability to get around via dead people.

those ^ are mysteries of the universe

i guess you have to assume during his 1000 years or whatever he got wise

maybe whatever mom gave him passed her secrets along to him (but she seemed like she was trapped somehow and thanked Bob for killing her)

noone was left on the island except Jacob and some black smoke as we seen in last episode

this is what i want answered in the finales, these things can't just be left to be infered they are integral parts of the story imo

All of this talk about the light going out keeps making me think of "Don't Let the Light Go Out" by Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Anywho, I have to think that as people came to the island over the many years that Jacob stayed on the Island, they may have turned Jacob into something of an idol or deity. Maybe that is how all of these other buildings were developed and how the "others" were created.

I am getting excited for the end but sad at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread