+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

MRD

Re: Lost - season six (final)

That was THE. WORST. EPISODE.EVER!!!!
    I am so disappointed. This whole season has been disappointing, but last night took the cake. Besides having to put up with bad acting, it was just a stupid story line and one that is not consistant with the rest of the show. They could have answered who Jacob/Bob/Smoky was in about 10 min. but we had to go through an entire episode that was painful to watch.

I agree, Lost has lost it.

It's like they are desperately trying to tie up the loose ends and are just throwing crap out there. I expected so much better from this show, the producers and writers.

I'm really going to be unhappy if the final two shows are like this.
    I've been saying that the alternate universe has been shaping up to be the Bobby Ewing in the shower of this season and it's looking more and more like it will be.

They took a great show, with a great premise and good writing (great writing that made us suspend belief and believe that there were extraordinary things and powers on the island) and then tried to answer it in the last season with CRAP. And last night was the crappiest episode EVER.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Agreed. They could have given us the identities of Adam & Eve and the origin of Smokey in a segment of an episode and trashed all of the other garbage filler. I think one reason this episode tanked is because it came on the heels of a kickass episode. With only a couple episodes remaining, I want to see more of the Losties that I've grown to love. Last week gave us that and for me, it was a solid episode. I expected this week to not only top it, but to continue to wrap up the "loose ends" in all of their storylines(in both universes).
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey

I'm disappointed too. With so little time left before LOST is gone forever, this episode felt like a waste. We really didn't learn that much either. I guess I didn't know that Jacob/MIB were twins, but the rest of it we already knew, or had surmised. Wasn't this the episode that we were supposed to learn so much and get so many questions answered? Maybe I was disappointed because I expected too much. But I've never been this disappointed in a LOST episode before.

Somehow we've got to get off that island and into the alternate reality so we can begin the happily ever after for the Losties. I NEED the happily ever after!
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3900656;
    That was THE. WORST. EPISODE.EVER!!!!
    I am so disappointed. This whole season has been disappointing, but last night took the cake. Besides having to put up with bad acting, it was just a stupid story line and one that is not consistant with the rest of the show. They could have answered who Jacob/Bob/Smoky was in about 10 min. but we had to go through an entire episode that was painful to watch.

I agree, Lost has lost it.

It's like they are desperately trying to tie up the loose ends and are just throwing crap out there. I expected so much better from this show, the producers and writers.

I'm really going to be unhappy if the final two shows are like this.
    I've been saying that the alternate universe has been shaping up to be the Bobby Ewing in the shower of this season and it's looking more and more like it will be.

They took a great show, with a great premise and good writing (great writing that made us suspend belief and believe that there were extraordinary things and powers on the island) and then tried to answer it in the last season with CRAP. And last night was the crappiest episode EVER.
    I totally agree with everything that you said. That show last night was the WORST. Nothing was really explained. And how the heck did that woman manage to knock out Jacob's brother and single-handedly kill all of those other people in his camp? AND she caused the hole to cave in as well?

And by the way, last night what year was that supposed to be? When did all that take place? Pure nonsense.

MRD

I don't visit the other LOST sites and forums, so am curious as to what they are saying about last nights episode. I know some of you do visit them, what's the general feeling about that piece of junk episode last night from others?

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Well, we know that Jacob and MIB are brothers. We know their "mother" was really weird. We know dead people have been appearing on the island and talking to other people for centuries. We know who "Adam and Eve" are. We know Jacob killed his brother and somehow in the process turned him into Smokey. (What's up with that?) All I have to say is this stuff had better be important to the finale or I'm going to be very unhappy that they wasted a perfectly good week on it.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

MRD

Yeah, but where did their mother come from? and just exactly who is she?
    And what is that stupid light in the cave?
    When they showed that scene they might as well have had a shark swimming in the stream because that's the moment when this show finally jumped the shark.

Damon and what's his name should have been embarrassed to have their names on that episode last night.

Who is Adam and Eve? I must have missed that part, it was a yawn fest last night. I know they are brother's and the crazy lady killed their Mom. What I want to know is why one can see dead people and the other one can't. Still no answer's I want to know!!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3901023;
    Who is Adam and Eve?
    MIB and mom (found ages later by Jack and Kate).

Mom wanted Jacob to guard the light in the cave. After MIB snuffed the light and transformed (on a spiritual if not physical level) into the smoke monster (and does anyone have a different explanation for what happened), why is there anything left to protect? I don't think we have that answer.

I really enjoyed the two boys. How come they reached a certain age and then never seem to get older - perhaps more relevant to Jacob since MIB is sort of dead.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

I didn't think it was a waste at all.

Jacob and MIB's back story had to be presented. My only problem is that they crammed so much into one episode.

I felt last week's episode could have been stretched into two shows to create more depth and drama. Addressing the origins of the island, Jacob, MIB, etc. deserves much more than one hour.

I mean, who were these people Bob met that started digging holes and building wheels as a means to somehow leave the island? Important also because Jacob is a decendant.

Where did their crazy mom come from?

I'm going to assume that the Mom that kidnapped Jacob & Bob at birth wasn't human. Is it then plausible that Bob was able to kill her because he didn't let her speak to him (at least after, oh, 20 years)?

Now I'm wondering who is left that can kill Smokey. My wild hunch is that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Walt will return to the island and use the knife throwing skills he learned from Locke
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 05-12-2010 at 02:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread