+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3887520;
    I didn't care that much for this episode the first time. An hour of Richard looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

I wasn't too impressed with Richard's acting. i liked it better when he was a mysterious non-aging character who we thought was time traveling or something back in season 3+

his character took a lame turn this season. hiding in bushes and whatnot. and that deer-headlight thing you mentioned, that annoyed me also (maybe the eyeliner is bothering him )

I don't normally watch the "enhanced" episodes, but I had this one on last night & there was a couple of useful tidbits & other stuff, I was just thinking, did I need to know that?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3887520;
    I hope the repeat has sub-commentary, because I didn't care that much for this episode the first time. An hour of Richard looking like a deer caught in the headlights.
    One man's junk is another man's treasure!
    I loved watching this episode again, especially with the extra commentary. I think this is one of the best & most heartwrenching episodes of the entire series.
    So much better than a who's Kate bedding this week? episode.

I have a feeling that Richard will probably die in the end, to give closure to his story, but I hope he sticks around to help the new Jacob-replacement.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3888978;
    I have a feeling that Richard will probably die in the end, to give closure to his story, but I hope he sticks around to help the new Jacob-replacement.
    Probably, but then he'll finally be reunited with Isabella, his true love. So it won't be as devastating. Oh & Hurley will replace him on the Island.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3886919;
    I'm not getting it. In the original timeline, Sun & Jin had been married, she'd had an affair, she'd learned English, etc. all when Oceanic 815 crashed. In the alt timeline they had not married when Oceanic 815 landed in LA.

I've been watching from the beginning and was fine not understanding everything but this piece bothers me quite a bit. Maybe LOST requires a certain level of intelligence I just don't have.
    I understand how you feel, and was also confused until I read (somewhere either EW or TV Guide) that the ALT is NOT to be thought of as just picking up at the same point way back in 2004 when we saw the plane crash, and continuing forward - minus the crash
    It is an entirely separate, alternate reality. So the lives can be similar or different; they are two distinct realities that are now starting to experience a bleeding effect. It is not the "this is what would have happened if the plane had not crashed" situation. There is a podcast over at ABC in which Damon and Carlton discuss this more.
    Will the two merge in the end????? (I hope so, because I like the Sideways reality. It gives me the chance to still hope to see a Sawyer/Juliet happy ending.)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

IF Juliette is Jack's ex, then they'd better be planning a magical J/S reunion in the alt. Otherwise, why string it out so long?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3891193;
    IF Juliette is Jack's ex, then they'd better be planning a magical J/S reunion in the alt. Otherwise, why string it out so long?
    I agree! It is funny because when it first appeared that the writers/show creators were moving in the direction to fix up the two - I scoffed, big time. But, the actors are so good, that I found the story believable. Then realized, that out of all the couples Juliet and Sawyer had become my favorites. I like the growth, tenderness, and maturity of their relationship, and the direction it was heading in before the O6 returned to the island. More than any other coupling, I hope J/S have a happy Alt ending..... IF we ever see Juliet in the Sideways reality.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3891392;
    I agree! It is funny because when it first appeared that the writers/show creators were moving in the direction to fix up the two - I scoffed, big time. But, the actors are so good, that I found the story believable. Then realized, that out of all the couples Juliet and Sawyer had become my favorites. I like the growth, tenderness, and maturity of their relationship, and the direction it was heading in before the O6 returned to the island. More than any other coupling, I hope J/S have a happy Alt ending..... IF we ever see Juliet in the Sideways reality.
    From your mouth (or keyboard) to the writers' ears.
    Everything you said is exactly how I feel.
    I didn't even like Sawyer until he got together with Juliet.

I think the reason Juliet will only be seen very minimally is that she ( the actress) has another series. She's sort of already occupied.
    I'm just greatfull that she's going to be on at all. Let's both hope it's her happy ending with Sawyer.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

My choice is also for Juliet to end up with Sawyer, whom I have always liked. I felt that good heart in Sawyer almost from the beginning, due to the talent of Josh Holloway. Jack, on the other hand, does not appeal to me and I hope that Sarah is the mother of his child. Jack's insistance that he always knows the right thing to do and has been wrong half the time at the very least, gets on my last nerve. But kudoes to Carlton/Damon and the writers because that is very much the attitude of a surgeon.

Most, if not all, of the actors whose main characters need closure for the story have agreed to work double duty if they are doing other shows, like Dom and Elizabeth. I don't know if Daniel Dae Kim has started working on Hawaii 5-0 yet.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3891763;
    My choice is also for Juliet to end up with Sawyer, whom I have always liked. I felt that good heart in Sawyer almost from the beginning, due to the talent of Josh Holloway. Jack, on the other hand, does not appeal to me and I hope that Sarah is the mother of his child. Jack's insistance that he always knows the right thing to do and has been wrong half the time at the very least, gets on my last nerve. But kudoes to Carlton/Damon and the writers because that is very much the attitude of a surgeon.

Most, if not all, of the actors whose main characters need closure for the story have agreed to work double duty if they are doing other shows, like Dom and Elizabeth. I don't know if Daniel Dae Kim has started working on Hawaii 5-0 yet.
    He has already started on Hawaii Five O. I think he had managed to film the pilot during the weeks before the Finale was shot, even though he was also included in filming the finale.

I have long been a fan of Matthew Fox (since his Party of Five days), and although his character of Jack has annoyed me at times, I've always been fast to forgive him because of my affection. I especially like the fact that he has changed this season, he is not as sure of himself or what is right..... He is growing, changing and I think he is trusting Hurley more. He doesn't seem to be afraid to die, if it will help save some of his friends. I think his willingness to trust MIB is stupid, but it might turn out right in the end (at least I hope for that). I am guessing there will be some resolution between the forces of good and evil in the end and it will come down to final battle between science and faith. Who knows, maybe Jack will end up being on the side of faith instead in the end?
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread