+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN;3881408;
    MIB can only take the form of dead people. You could question whether Hurley talked to Ghost Michael or MIB as Michael.....
    MIB is stuck forever (well at least until the Jacob replacement candidate steps into the Jacob role) in Locke's form. He can be smokey or Locke - that's it! No more change forms until Jacob's replacement has officially taken over. Per Darlton, MIB became stuck in Locke's form the moment Jacob was killed. Why? I have no idea...... maybe that is an episode 15 reveal. So, whomever Hurley sees, should be the dead person until their is a new Jacob.

My point in mentioning the MIB not being able to cross the ocean and transform into Christian when he told Michael that he was through or could go now....... was that there was a plot inconsistency. How did Christian/MIB/smokey manage to appear to Michael?

Although having thought about it, I guess he could have walked onto the boat, or hidden in Christian's form mysteriously, but then he must have jumped back off the boat when it exploded..... Plot inconsistency is probably the best explanation.

I was not blown away by the last episode, and agree the final reunite between Jin and Sun was the best part and knowing that Sun did not lose the baby. I wonder if Juliet was the one that saved her baby? In the Alt, Juliet might also be a surgeon and not a researcher MD.
    So, Jack was the "last recruit"...... and is probably also the Candidate. I guess it will be between Locke and Jack in final standoff afterall.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

In the Sun/Jin sideways, they were not married. They were worried about her father finding out about them. But she was pregnant. What happened to that pregnancy? It was clearly quite a while before Oceanic flight 15 crashed. I mean, they got married, they were married for a while, she learned English, she had an affair and THEN they were on the Oceanic flight. So, what happened to the baby that was ok in this past episode? It can't be the same one she carried to term and gave birth to after leaving the island.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3883637;
    MIB is stuck forever (well at least until the Jacob replacement candidate steps into the Jacob role) in Locke's form. He can be smokey or Locke - that's it! No more change forms until Jacob's replacement has officially taken over. Per Darlton, MIB became stuck in Locke's form the moment Jacob was killed. Why? I have no idea...... maybe that is an episode 15 reveal. So, whomever Hurley sees, should be the dead person until their is a new Jacob.

My point in mentioning the MIB not being able to cross the ocean and transform into Christian when he told Michael that he was through or could go now....... was that there was a plot inconsistency. How did Christian/MIB/smokey manage to appear to Michael?

Although having thought about it, I guess he could have walked onto the boat, or hidden in Christian's form mysteriously, but then he must have jumped back off the boat when it exploded..... Plot inconsistency is probably the best explanation.

I was not blown away by the last episode, and agree the final reunite between Jin and Sun was the best part and knowing that Sun did not lose the baby. I wonder if Juliet was the one that saved her baby? In the Alt, Juliet might also be a surgeon and not a researcher MD.
    So, Jack was the "last recruit"...... and is probably also the Candidate. I guess it will be between Locke and Jack in final standoff afterall.
    MAJOR.... MASSIVE.... MIND-BLOWING SPOILER!!! Do not read if you do not want to have something MAJOR spoiled for you!!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Rumor has it that David's (Jack's son) mother is none other than JULIET!!!!!!!!!!

not much really exciting to me in the episodes

ok so this alt world is taking place roughly in 2004

everyone else seems to have a different life except for Kate (why is this?)

anyways i am still trying to figure out how it is that the hydra people think they can kill Bob. i mean they drop bombs and he stands there and smiles they drop more bombs, take out everybody else and it doesn't phase him, then you see the idiots point useless rifles at him. I'd really like to see what there actual plan is to allegedly kill him

we know that in smoke form he doesn't like an ash barrier stop him, he doesn't/can't fly over water (perhaps why they chose to 'trap' him on an island ), he doesn't like sonic fences.

ok FORT geniuses, take those 3 aspects and find the common denominator. (you have 2 weeks to ponder this and come up with an answer )

---

i think Desmond convinced Sayid of something at the well. What Sayid said to Bob didn't make sense

Sayid for all intents and purposes is a *Zombie* (as Sawyer put it gently ; he even acknowleged that he had no feeling...Yet when Bob went to him to find out what was taking so long sayid said something like "I killed and unarmed man, I needed a moment" HUH??? Does someone with no feeling say something like this?

i mean Bob didn't even believe him, did his head tilt mind reading thing and decided to get back to the others. Sayid then showed some hesitation.

Sayid's Back!!! my hope is that Desmond used some of his alt-world powers and convinced Sayid of something.

I wondered whether Bob was able to read Sayid, in smokey form he does, but perhaps he was wondering whether it was worth it for him to change. Anyway, I think Desmond is still alive.

My feeling is that MIB will only be able to be "killed" by Jacob's replacement. But, they have rules, which prevent them from killing each other - so I have no clue how they will get around that. Really, it may be that Bob and Jacob's replacement will go on together on the island....... but, I don't believe that.

Evie said her character differs in the ALT because she loves what she is doing, lives for it; as opposed to 2007 Kate that did not enjoy it. small difference to me.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3882964;
    Eeek. This immediately put me in mind of The Last Supper. And look who's front and center.

Also, no Desmond in that shot. ???
    OK, so all you art mavens... who is standing/sitting where Judas was in the original Last Supper painting?

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

In DaVinci's Last Supper, Judas is fourth from the left which would make it Sayid's position. The difference is Judas was sitting and Sayid is standing or leaning on the table. If that means anything.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3885158;
    In DaVinci's Last Supper, Judas is fourth from the left which would make it Sayid's position. The difference is Judas was sitting and Sayid is standing or leaning on the table. If that means anything.
    Thanks, gracie. I had the same question in mind. I do love classic paintings, but I'm not all that familiar with The Last Supper; I actually know only the most famous names, like Peter, Paul, Judas, and is Thomas one of them?

I did google the painting, and thought it was Sayid's approximate position.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3883450;
    It was suppose to. I've also heard that the final season is only going to cover three days on the island. Remind you of anything else?

Loved Tuesday's show. I think I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It seems to be all connecting up.
    Well, off the top of my head I'd say that reminded me of the three days between Good Friday and Easter. So are we looking for a death/resurrection theme for the finale? The first five seasons I thought we were on a sinner/redemption path. I guess it could be all those things.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Finally had a chance to watch this week's episode I had missed, and wow! Answered a lot of questions, made more connections in Altland, and Sun/Jin reunion!!!!! I've been waiting for that. But she didn't mention their child. What the heck? This is not a spoiler, only my own ponderings, but what if everyone but Jack makes it off and merges (with island knowlege intact) with the alt universe? Then Jack/Locke resume the island life Jacob/Bob had... not so good for cutie pie son in Jack's alt. Not sure what that would mean for him. So is alt.Jack going to fix Locke's brain and spine in one long surgery?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread