+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3878107;
    Bob/MIB saw the boy again last night, Desmond also saw him. Everytime we have seen this boy he has told or let Bob/MIB know he is watching him. Once he even told MIB/Bob he could not kill them.

Anyone have any idea's about who this boy could be?
    the boy looked different (hair color or something); the basic assumption is that he is Jacob

interesting that James and Desmond could see him but not Richard

and yeah i didn't think Bob was trying to kill Desmond or he would have just broke his neck or smoked him

i still don't like the whisper nonsense they decided to "answer"; i didn't even know that was on the list of questions to be answered. imo it seems trivial. it seemed forced and didn't make sense. whispers came when others were around and Michael heard whispers on the boat prior to Christian appeared to say "you can go now" what does this have to do with dead people that can't move on?

I love LOST but i think they made 3 storyline mistakes during the run so far. #1 being Walt, i can go on for days. #2 and this is just my crazy opinion, but i didn't like how they did the whole Abbadon story... if it was me i would left him as a mysterious figure. the whole working for Widmore and getting killed off the way he did bugged me, #3 What was the point of Ilana? ok, i know the show isn't over yet and they might wrap her up ..maybe. but as of now it just seems silly that they brought her in and killed her off abrubtly. We don't know where she's from, her relationship with Jacob..why he's "like a father to her", why it had to be her "protecting" the candidates. How was she hurt? bandages on the face when Jacob came...next scene her face is clean and she's sitting upright asking what she needs to do...goes to the island to die. waste of a character if you ask me..jmo

watched the sneak peeks of next weeks episode... sun has me intrigued

i left out the my critique on the overall sillyness of the taking the Ajira plane off the island

if anyone was able to take the Ajira flight off the island, don't people think Lapidus would have fixed it, put some jet fuel in it at the hydra exxon mobil station and started it up and took off? the whole thing is absurd

also when i watched it again yeasterday i barely caught something that i didn't even think about. Did yall notice what was said between Ben/Desmond at the end. Ben tapped on his window because he was parking at the school looking suspicious. basically during the conversation Ben said something like "does your son go here?... whats your son's name". Desmond responded "Charlie..." it had just now hit me that they are in Alt world and Desmond doesn't have a son yes, we already know he is aware, but it just hit me that he is 100% the same person that is currently on the island FULLY aware of everything, no more confusion about anything he can do some serious things with this ability that puts the whole running over locke thing on even a deeper level to me

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3878471;
    i left out the my critique on the overall sillyness of the taking the Ajira plane off the island

if anyone was able to take the Ajira flight off the island, don't people think Lapidus would have fixed it, put some jet fuel in it at the hydra exxon mobil station and started it up and took off? the whole thing is absurd

also when i watched it again yeasterday i barely caught something that i didn't even think about. Did yall notice what was said between Ben/Desmond at the end. Ben tapped on his window because he was parking at the school looking suspicious. basically during the conversation Ben said something like "does your son go here?... whats your son's name". Desmond responded "Charlie..." it had just now hit me that they are in Alt world and Desmond doesn't have a son yes, we already know he is aware, but it just hit me that he is 100% the same person that is currently on the island FULLY aware of everything, no more confusion about anything he can do some serious things with this ability that puts the whole running over locke thing on even a deeper level to me
    I did catch the "Charlie" and it's significance which was why I could not understand running over Locke. But, I'll live.

You forgot to include on your unstressing list:
    Christian/MIB/Bob .... was on the boat, really? Smokey could fly over the water?

Ilana, said she had been training her whole life for this, and then dead with no explanation.

Walt, yes - everything. Why even bring him back briefly to save Locke, ..... oh, maybe that was just MIB/Bob pretending to be Walt, and not really Walt?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Remember, we are not going to get all of the answers we want. I've decided to just roll with whatever tptb decide to answer and hope like crazy that the book I heard was coming out after the show is over explains some of the things the show doesn't.

And seriously, I want to know what happens now, but I'm also the person who will read the end of the book to see if the middle will be worth it.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I seriously doubt we have seen the last of Ilana. My guess is she'll turn up in episode 15, but if not, I think we'll see her somewhere before the end. I also believe that at least some of us will be talking and reading about Lost long after it has ended.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

^ so do you suspect she's ancient or at least like Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3879297;
    ^ so do you suspect she's ancient or at least like Richard
    Honestly, I've been pondering and I'm not sure what I think other than that she's still got a role to play. I find myself wondering just what she is/was to Jacob, which means she could be an ancient or a conscript like Richard. Was she some sort of mate, who contributes to the respawning of Jacob (if that's actually who the mysterious boy is). Or, is she just what she appeared to be, somone who Jacob selected for one job only?

A lot of my hunches through the seasons have been right, but probably just as many have been wrong. That's one of the things I love most about Lost.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I agree we have more to learn on Ilana - it would not make sense to introduce her character and kill her off with no further explanations. I feel confident we will see her again, and some explanation will be forthcoming. After all, "She trained her entire life for this....." so there must be something important regarding her character.
    I have the feeling that she is more recent (but she could be an ancient), someone that was all alone and Jacob protected/nurtured from the time she was a child (?) which may be why she said that he is like a father to her. She is a big enough mystery still, that I think we will get an answer on.

Funny thing, my TV Guide for this past week (Hugh Laurie on cover) actually said last Tuesday's (4/13) Hugo centric episode, was to be "an episode centering on Ilana (Zuleikha Robinson)" so someone got their wires crossed.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

A week or so ago, I posted the air dates for the remaining episodes and was puzzled because there was nothing shown for April 27. I just looked at my future tv listings and it is showing a repeat of "Ab Aeterno" on that date. I don't know why unless it's that they want to have all the final and expository episodes aired during the month of May.

So, we'll have episode 13 tomorrow night, episode 14 on May 4, episode 15 on May 11, episode 16 on May 18 and episodes 17 and 18 on May 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3878532;
    You forgot to include on your unstressing list:
    Christian/MIB/Bob .... was on the boat, really? Smokey could fly over the water?
    I do seem to recall Sawyer asking Smokey about this & he said he couldn't fly over water as the black smoke.

I really love Lost & will miss it when it's gone, but I'm starting to get the sense that it's way over my head. I don't want it to be as complicated as it has been.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread