+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3876946;
    Great episode last night! You've gotta love Hurley especially when he's just winging it. There are times when I wish they would just do 10 hours of Lost and finish it in one fell swoop. In my dreams, right.
    patience...enjoy it while it lasts, then move on to Big Brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3877171;
    I hear ya gracie!

But, after 10 hours you would probably be sorry that there is nothing else to look forward too.

I thought Cynthia Watros was amazing last night! She was believable as someone a little off and sane. Loved that she had been getting the flashes, even before Hurley did. Now, I understand what Desmond meant visiting the other passengers. He knows which ones...... subtle encouragement to connect them.
    But, what I don't get is why he tried to kill John Locke? It wasn't Locke, but MIB that shoved him down the well. I don't see the point in killing or disabling 2004 Locke even further.
    Is he trying to kill 2004 Locke so that his dead body can again be used by MIB???? If he wanted to prevent anything evil from taking over you would think he would want Locke alive.
    Anxious to hear your thoughts about that........
    my observations of Desmond is that to go from one reality to another he has to lose conciousness (just like when he was bouncing between 1996/2004)

and he even fainted when he met Penny at the stadium; he immediately jumps back to the island

Sayid then comes and gets Desmond; next scene Desmond is walking back to the Limo to meet Minkowski... it would make sense that Sayid had knocked him out prior to tieing him up with rope. makes sense

now regarding Locke you can look at it 2 ways... you can take the "jumping" aspect i just described and assume that when he got thrown in the well he went unconcious and jumped back to alt world; where he decided to runover the man that just pushed him down a well with no provocation

or you can just assume he was taking inspiration from Charlie and was trying to "show him something" (it seems sometimes you need a traumatic experience to see it)

i do agree that Cynthia Watros did a great job

and James has been cracking me up with his agression toward Bob, this week he's like "do you talk to wood now" something like that, it made me laugh

Jack's face was priceless. yeah, he was already filled in on Bob, but to see *Locke* finally with the trademark "Hello, Jack" was

---

oh yeah, regarding Bob, as far as i can recollect, i'm not sure if Desmond has had any interation ever with a smoke monster or even knew anything about Locke being dead... i could be wrong though

seems like Bob was getting frustrated by Desmond because he detected no fear from him and couldn't read anything from him, that essentially made Bob nervous.... but there had to be a reason that he took him to the well vs. just *smoking* him out right ther in the jungle

i have to give Terry OQuinn alot of credit because this guy playing a different person is totally believable... he is a bit scary

Thanks Dogg! I wondered if Desmond did it just because it felt good to get back at him. As you said, he may not even realize that Locke is dead and that Locke is actually just Bob. Desmond had one encounter with smoke monster, in 2004, he was with Nikki/Paulo, Sayid and Locke at the Pearl. Remember when they got the monitors to start working, and the guy with a patch (Mikhail) came on the screen suddenly (scared the heck out of me ). They heard the monster's sound, all ran out just in time to watch Mr. Eko die. So, he knows of smokey, but not that smokey=Bob/Locke.
    Off the island in 2007, Desmond was with Jack, Ben, etc when they went to the Lamp post to meet with Eloise; but I don't think there was any mention about bringing a dead John Locke back to the island. So, again probably no way he could connect the dots.

Thanks for your input!
    In view of this, I can see that he probably just wanted to stop Locke from going back to the island, and mess with him. Probably not much chance he knows about all the evil possibly escaping...... and the "heaven help us" stuff. But, he should have let Widmore explain when he offered too, right after the EM jolt.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3877453;
    seems like Bob was getting frustrated by Desmond because he detected no fear from him and couldn't read anything from him, that essentially made Bob nervous.... but there had to be a reason that he took him to the well vs. just *smoking* him out right there in the jungle
    I thought perhaps he couldn't kill Desmond outright or assumed that he couldn't. Desmond had just told Bob how he survived Widmore's electromagnetic experiment. The well is the location of some energy source on the island. The preview seemed to show Desmond sitting quite peacefully at the bottom of the well, undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3877499;
    he should have let Widmore explain when he offered too, right after the EM jolt.
    Desmond is just going with the flow, as though he has an inescapable destiny. That would mean explanations are not necessary. Sayid ambushes him? Fine! Locke wants to meet with him privately? Fine! It is why he is not afraid.

I must admit, Gracie, that I wanted to watch it straight through right from the beginning of the season; I always do that when I buy the DVD's. Of course, there are a few practical reasons why they couldn't/wouldn't do that.

1. Shooting schedule: they would have to have started shooting right after season five without a break to make that even possible, and I'm sure most of the episodes hadn't even been written at that time. Cast and crew would have missed a needed vacation.

2. May sweeps: ABC clearly wants the Lost finale for the May sweeps.

3. It would have been much harder to have kept the ending(s) a secret if the entire season had been shot. Lost has done the best job of keeping a lid on their secrets since "Who Shot J.R.," which was before the Internet was available to the general public.

It was good to see Libby again. I've heard she'll be back sometime before the end. We're beginning to see Desmond's purpose, but I suspect there's a lot more we'll learn about him in the last couple of episodes. I also find myself wondering, each time a character seems to be missing from the group, if he/she is what we think they are or if they've been changed. Hurley has been off by himself several times in the past few episodes. Sayid has me curious, too, as to whether he is really that zombie-like or if there is some pretense involved. Sayid, though strong, has been easily manipulated by others all along -- Danielle, Ben, the Republican army, the U.S. army, Shannon, among others. I just can't wait to see what's coming next.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3877575;
    I thought perhaps he couldn't kill Desmond outright or assumed that he couldn't. Desmond had just told Bob how he survived Widmore's electromagnetic experiment. The well is the location of some energy source on the island. The preview seemed to show Desmond sitting quite peacefully at the bottom of the well, undead.
    Desmond is not a candidate and I think Bob could kill him if he wants too. But, decided to keep Desmond "on hold" should he need him for any upcoming reason (to convince the other candidates maybe). But, you could be right and Bob/MIB is not allowed to kill Desmond. He can hop between realities which makes him unique.

Upcoming previews do show him vulnerable - Sayid looks to be aiming a gun down at him ready to shoot him.

I am not attached to any deaths, and expect their will be quite a few before the finale. If they all die in both realities - then I will be bummed, and forced to recreate a more suitable ending in my imagination. (sigh)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Bob/MIB saw the boy again last night, Desmond also saw him. Everytime we have seen this boy he has told or let Bob/MIB know he is watching him. Once he even told MIB/Bob he could not kill them.

Anyone have any idea's about who this boy could be?

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3878107;
    Bob/MIB saw the boy again last night, Desmond also saw him. Everytime we have seen this boy he has told or let Bob/MIB know he is watching him. Once he even told MIB/Bob he could not kill them.

Anyone have any idea's about who this boy could be?
    Jacob. He's also been getting older everytime, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;3878111;
    Agreed! He knows the rules, I have no idea how it is possible to be dead, and still appear to MIB. Des and Sawyer saw him; but I don't think everyone can see him. (Well, the audience sees him).
    Jacob, hands down, growing older each time. I assume he will be full grown by Episode 15.

Answering my own question: Why did Desmond run down Locke in ALT/sideways?
    Damon and Carlton were asked that for today's Lost podcast. As to be expected, they did not give a clear cut reason. But, they led with this answer
    Click to see Spoiler:
    revenge for Locke throwing him into the well. But, essentially they said did he do for revenge, or for some other reason?

ETA: Damon and Carlton will film a Jimmy Kimmel live show on 5/21 - when they will be live for that pre-finale show. Then tape a special JK show for his Aloha Lost finale to air on Sunday.... post show.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 04-15-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;3878111;
    Oh well that makes sense!! I did not think about it being him.Thank you.

+ Reply to Thread