+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

I'm going to have to re-watch this one! It was so good, but I feel like I missed stuff. & I was confused about the end- Desmond being Ok with everything. Also, the Desmond on the island is the real Desmond, not the Sideways one, right?
    I got chills when Charlie held up his hand in the car & then next scene it says Not Penny's boat. eeekkkk!!!
    I think Eloise in all worlds knows what's going on.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

The thing is to Desmond there is no sideways exactly. He can live in both worlds and remember both of them. He is definately special to the mythology and essential to the resolution of what has been happening on the island. I can't wait to see what happens next.

(side note: I just realized that we will be in Tennessee for the finale. Thank heaven of drv's!!)
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Desmond did once jump into the Sideways world (time travel), the second time it was a flash sideways just like all the other characters experience; a bleed between the two worlds:
    Over at Lostpedia the change in sound effects was noted:
    In "Happily Ever After", Desmond Hume transitioned between the original timeline and the flash-sideways timeline with the absence of the flash-sideways sound effect, in similar fashion to the way in which his story transitioned between present and past in "The Constant" without the flashback/flash-forward sound effect. However, the sound effect was used at the end of the episode, when he transitioned back into the sideways timeline, indicating that this last flash was a normal flash-sideways, and not consciousness-travel, as the main body of the episode was.
    At this point, the only thing (I think) is true, is that there are two separate and distinct realities, which Desmond (bless him) has been able to pass through, from one to the other.
    Until recently I thought that the "sideways" world came about because Juliet detonated Jughead; but I recently read that Damon would not confirm that the ALT is the result of Jughead detonating. So, has it always existed? I am completely confused!

Further, it has been stated by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse on the Official Lost Podcast (February 22, 2010)........ that "the flash sideways is not an alternative timeline, and that the two timelines are not mutually exclusive".

Wow!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

the 2 sites i post on i don't see many posts on the whole exchange between Desmond/Eloise; i found that to be the most intriguing part of the episode

from the time she saw Desmond, she had this facial expression and later on telling Desmond to STOP, it's a VIOLATION!!!... wtf???

last time we saw Eloise i believe was when she was at the hospital talking to Penny and she told her that it was the first time in a long time that she didn't know what was gonna happen. Then she has the interaction with Charles Widmore outside talking about sacrafice (regarding Daniel)

i theorize that in the sideways she knows everthing that going on and wants Desmond to "STOP" because it will end the sideways world and she will lose Daniel again...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3875116;
    the 2 sites i post on i don't see many posts on the whole exchange between Desmond/Eloise; i found that to be the most intriguing part of the episode

from the time she saw Desmond, she had this facial expression and later on telling Desmond to STOP, it's a VIOLATION!!!... wtf???

last time we saw Eloise i believe was when she was at the hospital talking to Penny and she told her that it was the first time in a long time that she didn't know what was gonna happen next. Then she has the interaction with Charles Widmore outside talking about sacrafice (regarding Daniel)

i theorize that in the sideways she knows everthing that going on and wants Desmond to "STOP" because it will end the sideways world and she will lose Daniel again...?
    That is a good theory. I have no clue...... I also noticed the mention of it being a violation and it wasn't time yet. So, she must figure that Penny and Desmond will connect, just not yet. I wish I knew all the rules!!!!

I used to think Eloise was a time traveler herself, but that was long ago, before she said (in 2007) she didn't know what was going to happen. Yet, she knew how to advise the 2007 candidates to get back to the island, and she knew there would be a war, and heaven help us if ...... blah blah. I can't help but wonder how Widmore and Eloise could know so much, and yet Richard doesn't have a clue? He was supposed to be the message bearer between Leader and Jacob all these years.

It is possible that Eloise is much like her son, and has been receiving a bleed from 2007 into 2004 sideways for awhile now...... (?) but she knows more than she is exposing - as does Widmore. (well, it is Darlton that is keeping the info from us, probably until the finale.) No wonder they have so much to squeeze into the finale!

I don't think that sideways Daniel will die, he is a musician, and doesn't understand his vision; his friend said it would take years of studying Quantum Physics to understand what he wrote....
    Perhaps Eloise blurted out the reply about violation and not time yet, just like Claire blurted out Aaron's name. I don't know. Anything is possible!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I agree that the exchange between Eloise and Desmond was highly significant. We've been led to believe that Eloise is very important and is more than she seems to be from her first appearances and I still believe that to be true. It seemed to me that she was worried that Desmond was about to learn too much too soon.

I'm also very curious as to who Desmond's parents are/were. As far as I can remember we know only that Desmond's father disappeared at some point and we know know nothing about his mother.

On another note, I've heard rumors that an upcoming episode will have a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    love interest for Ben that will be completely unexpected. No one knows if it will occur on the island or in the sideway. I'm guessing sideways with Danielle, but whoever it is, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3875168;
    I agree that the exchange between Eloise and Desmond was highly significant. We've been led to believe that Eloise is very important and is more than she seems to be from her first appearances and I still believe that to be true. It seemed to me that she was worried that Desmond was about to learn too much too soon.

I'm also very curious as to who Desmond's parents are/were. As far as I can remember we know only that Desmond's father disappeared at some point and we know know nothing about his mother.

On another note, I've heard rumors that an upcoming episode will have a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    love interest for Ben that will be completely unexpected. No one knows if it will occur on the island or in the sideway. I'm guessing sideways with Danielle, but whoever it is, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    I agree, and regarding your spoiler guess.....
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I believe it was confirmed over at Dark UFO recently

Good guess, and I look forward to watching it play out!
    Christopher Reeve

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Great episode last night! You've gotta love Hurley especially when he's just winging it. There are times when I wish they would just do 10 hours of Lost and finish it in one fell swoop. In my dreams, right.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I hear ya gracie!

But, after 10 hours you would probably be sorry that there is nothing else to look forward too.

I thought Cynthia Watros was amazing last night! She was believable as someone a little off and sane. Loved that she had been getting the flashes, even before Hurley did. Now, I understand what Desmond meant visiting the other passengers. He knows which ones...... subtle encouragement to connect them.
    But, what I don't get is why he tried to kill John Locke? It wasn't Locke, but MIB that shoved him down the well. I don't see the point in killing or disabling 2004 Locke even further.
    Is he trying to kill 2004 Locke so that his dead body can again be used by MIB???? If he wanted to prevent anything evil from taking over you would think he would want Locke alive.
    Anxious to hear your thoughts about that........
    Christopher Reeve

This is pure speculation, but does anyone remember when Christian and Claire were sitting together in Jacob's cabin, and I think Locke went to find Jacob abut found Christian and Claire, Christian said he could speak on Jacob's behalf (lie that it was)????

Well, I wonder if just like MIB claimed Locke's dead body, whether MIB's mother claimed Claire's body? Remember MIB said his mother was crazy, what if his mother is smokey1 and MIB is smokey 2.0? Otherwise, I can't understand why Claire went crazy....... she seemed content and serene in that cabin with "Christian"/MIB even though she did not have Aaron with her. Maybe, Claire really did die in the explosion...?

Here is a spoiler clue given by Henry Ian Cusick in a TV Guide interview:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Desmond also recognizes that everyone in that sideways world — there are clues when you look in the mirror — when they look at their reflections, they go, “Hang on, what is reality?” They’re aware something is not quite right, but they can’t put a finger on it. Desmond now knows he’s alive again and knows his purpose.

I don't understand the significance of his clue, but I've observed the reaction he speaks of - Jack, Sun, etc.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread