+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Well, I was so excited that I had to keep the laptop turned off or I would have posted before Pacific time airing. I thought it was just me, but I agree last night's episode was wonderful!!!!!! I loved it!

There was Desmond, saving Charlie's life yet again!
    I loved Daniel seeking Des out, explaining, I loved seeing that Widmore is a bit afraid of his wife Eloise. Eloise was controlling, scary, but sweet with Desmond for a moment......... she is obviously remembering snippets herself.
    I don't understand what 2007 Widmore was striving for with his experiment........ but, he must suspect that there is a parallel/Alternate, perhaps one in which his son is still alive? I am such a romantic.....

Sayid is looking scarier and scarier - really - I am now terrified when he comes on the screen; I want him dead soon so I don't have to be afraid much longer.

Have to run and read the episode review over at Lostpedia. This was certainly one of my favorites of all seasons.
    Charlie remembering Claire is blonde vision.
    Daniel remembering Charlotte, his red-haired beauty.
    Desmond, seeing his Penny........ wonder if any guys enjoyed the episode?

ETA: What do you think Desmond wants to show the others on his flight in the sideways?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

So much of it was like Alice down the rabbithole. I was mesmerized.

The scene where Widmore shares the 60-year old scotch with Desmond, did anyone catch the artwork? I thought the first time there was something relevant, like a polar bear picture.

I still swoon over Daniel, and I'm so happy he found Charlotte and was allowed to pursue his music interest (mom apparently doesn't have an agenda in Sideways). In the original did we know who Daniel's father was, and was it Widmore?

Do you think we will learn more bro/sis/half/step combinations? What do we have so far? Jack & Claire; Daniel & Penny; Boone and what'shername.

Why would Widmore have speeded up the experiment? Why not just keep Desmond on ice until they knew the equipment was working properly?

i don't know but Minkowski was creeping me out with his niceness

i think since Desmond has now become "aware" of both reality's and wants the plane manifest, he's gonna do what Charlie/Daniel did for him and open there eyes.

he will probably go back to Jack first since he knows where he is at, i guess when Desmond said "see you in another life, brotha.." he wasn't lying

Eloise is interesting, because she knows something, which is funny to me because back in the early days of this show (yall should go back and read old threads, old theories.. they are hilarious) i always thought Eloise, Richard etc were so enlightened, and come to find out over the last couple seasons they really didn't know spit and got all there info from the time traveling losties.

I guess since Daniel is connected to Desmond he somehow knows things, better yet it seems that the original island timeline reality (Charlie, Daniel) both died and in the alt that makes them more aware? this seems to be the case, if another OITR dead person shows up knowing things then that will confirm this

really loved how they merged elements of Flashes Before Your Eyes and The Constant (possibly the greatest episode in the history of LOST ... )

funny how they managed to use Penelope effectively in both reality's by not ever defining who her mother is, that's almost genius they just easily swapped the roles of Penelope/Daniel and no problems can arise

man, i'm bout to watch this again...
    Last edited by Dogg; 04-07-2010 at 02:59 PM.

I am guessing that it was after Eloise killed Charles "only son" during the flashback, that the co-Leaders (in original reality) Charles and Eloise split up, but maybe not. I wonder if Penny is the older of the two siblings, or the younger?
    Your right Dogg, it was a nice switch for Daniel to be the coddled, recognized child; and Penny to exist as the half-sister (but sideways Charles may have been previously married to Penny's mum before Eloise came along in his life), and not the result of an (original) affair. Doubt we will ever learn much about Penny's mum, but it was nice that Charles and Eloise were together in the sideways. I guess it would seem that they were always meant to meet and connect. I really do like the way the Sideways universe is turning out. Although, still concerned about the Jin and Sun storyline.

Brooks:
    Why would Widmore have speeded up the experiment? Why not just keep Desmond on ice until they knew the equipment was working properly?
    My guess is that Widmore was really mad, and decided not to play nice by explaining or pleading with Des for co-operation. Charles figured it would be a waste of time to try and reason with him because Desmond would say No regardless. What a surprise for Des to find out that there is and alternate reality......... one where Charles likes Desmond.
    Have Widmore and Eloise been suspecting this all along?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The whole thing was fascinating, which is the least surprising element of Lost. I must watch it again. Minkowski, though playing nice in Sideways, still seems creepy. I think he's up to no good in either reality.

It seems as if the new four-letter word that stands for what the story is all about may be "Love." As I think back, it seems that most of our characters that have changed for the better have done so because of love. Even the ones that have been changed back by MIB, like Sayid and Claire, had been redeemed by love earlier.

Is Widmore's experiment supposed to reverse the effects of the earlier nuclear explosion? I'm really curious about Penny's mother. We learned Daniel's parentage on both sides last year, but I don't recall anything about Penny's mom.

In looking at the schedule for the rest of the episodes, it looks like we have a missing week April 27. I'm betting that we can blame the NBA playoffs since they start April 17th and ABC is one of the networks carrying them. Anyway, here's the schedule:

Episode 12: Everybody Loves Hugo, April 13
    Episode 13: The Last Recruit, April 20
    Episode 14: The Candidate, May 4
    Episode 15: Across the Sea, May 11
    Episode 16: What They Died For, May 18
    Episode 17: The End (1) and The End (2), May 23

Followed, of course, by the Jimmy Kimmel Aloha to Lost special with Damon, Carlton, and cast members, right after the finale.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

well upon watching again, i heard something i didn't make out before

when Des was leaving Eloise home and passed the guys reviewing the guest list the guy said "Milton Penny Solo" so he was reading like the last name then first (as a list of names would be "Milton, Penny') and said "solo" because she was coming alone

then Des said something like "did you say Penny... do you mind in i look at..." and Eloise quickly came over and interupted

gotta.find.out.eloise's.deal

notice how when Des first arrived Eloise had this look on her face

They're really going all out on the episodes this season. Not much, if any, filler.
    I'm still reeling from Ab Aeterno (the best of the season & one of the best in the entire series), and now this. Any Desmond/Penny episode is always good.
    With only 5 or 6 episodes left there is just so much to resolve, but it was good to finally see the two timelines begin to converge. I hope Desmond is the one to make this happen, like it seems.
    If Sawyer & Juliet can somehow be reunited, I can live with almost anything else they throw at us.
    What an emotional rollercoaster.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Florimel I believe it has been established that between the airing of Episodes 16 & 17 is a recap episode. (Which I plan to watch!)

Dogg - I totally missed the announcing of Milton - just Penny stood out, although I do remember something was mentioned before that. Good catch!

Miss Scarlet:
    If Sawyer & Juliet can somehow be reunited, I can live with almost anything else they throw at us.
    My thoughts entirely!
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3872212;
    It seems as if the new four-letter word that stands for what the story is all about may be "Love."
    yep, everything seems to point to this

it's what is connecting the reality's

Desmond-Penny
    Charlie-Claire
    Daniel-Charlotte

etc..

clues like Miles telling James "Do you want to die alone..." then you see James later on with a tv dinner and beer watching Little House looking sad

all these guys want is love, i'm concerned about Jack though because even if he listens to Desmond, (that's a big if, not sure if Alt-Jack is the same angry, jealous person he is in the island reality timeline)

seems as if the whole Kate thing is still unresolved in Alt-world; so far James has come into contact with her twice and i think Jack once?

will just have to see how this plays out, but yeah it comes down to love. it's the "constant"

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3872093;
    Why would Widmore have speeded up the experiment?
    He probably realizes the war with MIB is imminent.

What a great episode, as always with a Desmond-centric episode. I've been hoping they would tie together 2007 Lost with Sideways Lost. Otherwise, Sideways Lost, for me, would have been a huge waste of time.

+ Reply to Thread