+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3867392;
    So, now Widmore is good? Did Jacob confide to him when Widmore was boss man on the island?
    I thought one of the bigger questions is the threesome of Ben/Eloise/Widmore - why they were working together, why they broke up, and who is on what side. After last night it appears that Ben and Widmore ought to be working together, so why are they arch enemies? Eloise told Ben everyone had to return to the island together, and what includes some of the six candidates. So they should all be working against MIB if not entirely for Jacob.

The comment by Sawyer? to Widmore that now we're at war took me back to the post WWII period on the island with the hydrogen bomb. What war is really going on?

The actors are certainly giving it all they've got this season as injuries increase. First, Evangeline and her many bruises, next Michael Emerson's black eye, and now Daniel Dae Kim reports he sliced his hand open when it caught on some kind of screw in a swimming scene. Apparently, they had to glue it togerther instead of stitching it. He was going to have to go back in the water and they said glue would form a tighter seal than stitches and would help prevent infection.

He also said, as have the other actors, that he is enthralled with the final script and the ending that is planned. He says he doubts that any of them have the entire script (to prevent leaks), but when he read what he does have, he had to just sit down and absorb it for a while.

However the creators end this story, even with some questions left unanswered, I will be satisfied. There are so many elements of Greek tragedy in Lost -- mythological influence, tragic heroes, hubris, familial conflict, etc., that I am not anticipating a happy ending for all, or most, or perhaps any, but I do expect I'll will understand, though it will still leave me wanting more.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks for sharing that Florimel!
    I know they have accidents now and then (Evie has had bruises just about every season it seems,) but so sorry about Daniel Dae Kim!
    I feel the same as you do and will be happy if Jacob's season 5 comment to MIB comes true.....
    MAN IN BLACK: Am I? They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.

JACOB: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
    Hope Jacob proves MIB wrong!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

My concern is that MIB told Jacob that he would kill anyone that Jacob tried to have take over his role, which says to me that he is going to get the remaining candidates all together & then kill them.

I also read somewhere that perhaps the sideways world & the island world are colliding & that's why Sun can't speak English on the island anymore. Also, in the SW when she looked in the mirror, it seemed to me that she rubbed her head, next scene she's running into the tree???
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Okay so I was reading the Lost Diary just now and the guy who writes it set me off thinking. We know that there's another 4 letter word coming up - no A's, 1 E and it's recently been said it's what can bring the two worlds together. What if the word isn't a what but a who? What if the 4 letter word is "HUME" as in Desmond Hume? We know he's important now from last night's episode and it fits the clues given.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3867789;
    Okay so I was reading the Lost Diary just now and the guy who writes it set me off thinking. We know that there's another 4 letter word coming up - no A's, 1 E and it's recently been said it's what can bring the two worlds together. What if the word isn't a what but a who? What if the 4 letter word is "HUME" as in Desmond Hume? We know he's important now from last night's episode and it fits the clues given.
    sounds good to me

we do see clues that the timelines are converging or linked

daniel faraday said that desmond was unique and the rules didn't apply to him

---

i guess we will see what happened with penny in a few weeks, seemed pretty easy for widmore to snatch up desmond as he was in the hospital

i think its kinda stupid that widmore made that comment about Bob being a myth, ghost story, and strange sounds in the night... has he not ever seen the smoke monster?

i think it's interesting that Bob keeps extending his hand (literaly) to people for them to grab it He wants to hold hands badly... it's like "Come with me... " extends hand to person like they are a kid, followed with a fake smile... that has been bugging me

why is the tina fey geophysisist looking for the energy pockets? are they gonna detonate a bomb?

James: "Can't you just turn into black smoke and fly your ass over the water?"

Bob: "if i could don't you think..."

James: "No cuz that would be rediculous"

I thought that lil exchange was the funniest lines in the show

and Sun did seem a bit agitated in this episode

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3867875;

i think it's interesting that Bob keeps extending his hand (literaly) to people for them to grab it He wants to hold hands badly... it's like "Come with me... " extends hand to person like they are a kid, followed with a fake smile... that has been bugging me

why is the tina fey geophysisist looking for the energy pockets? are they gonna detonate a bomb?

James: "Can't you just turn into black smoke and fly your ass over the water?"

Bob: "if i could don't you think..."

James: "No cuz that would be rediculous"

I thought that lil exchange was the funniest lines in the show

and Sun did seem a bit agitated in this episode
    Interesting about the water's effect on smokey - he is on an island, surrounded by something that confines him.......
    Yes, that part was hysterical - so much so that I overlooked it's significance until you mentioned it.
    We know that he can return to smoke form anytime he wants too, so the water confines him. Which means the only way he can leave the island is in his Locke image, physically.

As for MIB wanting to kill the candidates pfeiffer He wants them all dead... But, I don't think he can kill the candidates himself until they are no longer candidates, he will need others to do it for him....... the same way that he talked/seduced Ben into killing Jacob for him. The rules (I think) apply to the candidates. Ilana has to protect the candidates from being killed by someone other than MIB, and possibly from being touched or corrupted.

I think Hume is an excellent guess brklyn! You connected the dots well, I don't know if it is right, but it is logical and I stand behind you in supporting that theory!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally got to watch my tape and, as usual, have a couple of questions.

Does anyone else wonder if sideways Jin can speak English? And just pretends he can't so he can overhear what English speakers are saying? When he said "Thank you" to his assassin after the guy blotted up his head cut, it was accentless. And while it could have been one of those few words/phrases that people learn in another language before they go abroad (I can say thank you in a lot of languages I don't speak at all), and he could have thanking him for the first aid, it seemed to me he also could have been ironically thanking him for telling Jin that Sun's dad had hired someone to kill him for messing with Sun. Note that as soon as the guy left he began to frantically struggle to get the box cutter.
    He didn't speak English to the Custonms agent, but that could also have been a helpless foreigner ploy.
    In the sideways world maybe Jin speaks English and Sun doesn't.

Re the mystery word.... while we thought "cork" was going to be hope, I was figuring the last word would be love...as so much of this show has been about faith... so faith, hope, and love, and the greatest of these is love. However, cork popped that theory, and Hume is certainly an interesting guess!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3868070;
    Finally got to watch my tape and, as usual, have a couple of questions.

Does anyone else wonder if sideways Jin can speak English? And just pretends he can't so he can overhear what English speakers are saying? When he said "Thank you" to his assassin after the guy blotted up his head cut, it was accentless. And while it could have been one of those few words/phrases that people learn in another language before they go abroad (I can say thank you in a lot of languages I don't speak at all), and he could have thanking him for the first aid, it seemed to me he also could have been ironically thanking him for telling Jin that Sun's dad had hired someone to kill him for messing with Sun. Note that as soon as the guy left he began to frantically struggle to get the box cutter.
    He didn't speak English to the Custonms agent, but that could also have been a helpless foreigner ploy.
    In the sideways world maybe Jin speaks English and Sun doesn't.
    wow, hell i never even thought of that... i was still saying that sideways-sun is faking, but it looked entirely like she really never learned in the alt

you might be right on

It seemed to me that sideways Jin did know English; I couldn't tell about Sun just as I couldn't in Season 1 until she revealed it.

The idea that "Hume" is the new four-letter word is interesting. I mentioned several weeks ago that I belived Desmond was going to be very important to the story. Damon/Carlton said that the word would indicate what the show has really been all about, so I don't know if Hume fits with that, though there are ways it might.

Maybe it's "time," but that might be too simplistic.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread