+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 84 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3862060;
    It is seven more "new" episodes. I think we will see a series recap on Tuesday May 18th.
    I believe this is correct.

I also heard Sun say that she was a candidate, but I think that is an assumption on her part. Ilana did say that she had to protect both Jin and Sun because she did not know which Kwon was the candidate referred to by Jacob. Perhaps Sun "knows" intuitively she is the candidate, but I feel it to be Jin.
    Perhaps it will be clearer after the next episode?

Florimel
    Hope is good, how about Love?

When Richard announced they were all dead and the island was "he!!" I said, oh NO!!!! I was so disappointed, I almost stopped watching. But, then I thought- based on his limited knowledge (since Jacob died before explaining it to Richard) that was what Richard thought, and I decided to continue watching. Am so glad I did, because it was just a ruse used by MIB in his hopes to gt Richard to kill Jacob. I would be so bummed if in the end, they were all just carrying on in a purgatory/limbo situation.

Jacob was rough with Richard when he fighting him off, but I think it was necessary. Loved how Jacob dragged Richard into the water until he was convinced he was still alive. Jacob is definitely not God, but I think of him as a good angel, compared to MIB the bad angel. (yeah, I do believe in angels) Both Jacob and MIB have limited extraordinary powers.
    Richard has been around as adviser for over 100 years right? That is some power, Jacob has.

Love this show!!!!!!

norm: help! How is it that Hurley is able to see and talk to dead people? I missed that light bulb moment. If you have the time to explain, or anyone - I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
    Whoops - sorry I just realized that you suggested it raised more questions did not answer> Sorry
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fan

Well the best thing was that we did get some long awaited answers, to some stuff at least: Why doesn't Richard age, what destroyed the statute, who was on the Black Rock, how did it land on the island in the middle of the jungle. And of course, more insight into the overall story, what is the island, who are Jacob and man in black. Count me as satisfied. Hoping future episodes will also reveal more and more stuff.

And no sideways timeline to distract us from the Richard story this week. Though this episode raises the issue of, if the island is sunk in the sideways, does that mean man in black is freed and sideways world is the evil spreading over, etc.? Sideways world doesn't seem that bad if it is. At least not for the former castaways.

FORT Fogey

Have we ever been told why the MIB is trapped on the island?

Alexxx, I don't think so. I think we get the impression that he is stuck there because of Jacob.
    That makes me wonder though. since Jacob is dead, could MIB leave the Island right now, I know he's trying. And also since Jacob is dead, has the new candidate already replaced him & just doesn't know it? Also who will be there to guide the new candidate in their role?????
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Mike'sgirl, Not to answer for norm, but my impression is that Hurley's ability to talk to dead people may be his gift from Jacob. Off the top of my head, the first time I remember him doing it was when he saw and spoke with Charlie when Hurley was in the mental facility after the Oceanic 6 returned and we've seen him do it since.

Kristin has a really good interview up with Nestor Carbonell. It has some minor spoilers, but nothing very signifcant and well worth reading, I think. He also confirm that Michael Emerson really did get a black eye while filming one of the fight scenes. A slight miss on the fight choreography, which is not at all uncommon. Emerson is fine. Here's the link:

Lost's Nestor Carbonell: "There Will Be Major Heartbreak" - E! Online
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3862183;
    Mike'sgirl, Not to answer for norm, but my impression is that Hurley's ability to talk to dead people may be his gift from Jacob. Off the top of my head, the first time I remember him doing it was when he saw and spoke with Charlie when Hurley was in the mental facility after the Oceanic 6 returned and we've seen him do it since.

Kristin has a really good interview up with Nestor Carbonell. It has some minor spoilers, but nothing very signifcant and well worth reading, I think. He also confirm that Michael Emerson really did get a black eye while filming one of the fight scenes. A slight miss on the fight choreography, which is not at all uncommon. Emerson is fine. Here's the link:

Lost's Nestor Carbonell: "There Will Be Major Heartbreak" - E! Online
    I think before Hurley won the lottery, he had been in a mental institution..... (something about being on a stage or deck that was supposed to hold only 8 people and there were actually 23 people including Hugo on the stage.) He was depressed and kept blaming himself for the collapse and then was committed to the Santa Rosa Mental Health facility.
    (While he was there, we discovered that Libby was also a patient there.) During that time, he met Leonard (numbers 4,8,15,16,23,42) and would talk and visit with his buddy "Dave". His doctor tried to convince Hurley that Dave didn't exist, and he proved it by having a photo taken of the three of them.......... but Dave wasn't visible in the photo, and then Hugo realized that Dave wasn't real or at least, Dave was no longer alive.
    According to what has aired so far, I think Dave was the first person Hurley could "see" and talk to; but who knows, Jacob could have touched him when he was a child, and Hugo has been chatting with dead people ever since.

Alexxxx, we have not been told why MIB is trapped on the island.
    In last night's show, Jacob went to visit MIB and give him the bottle of wine...... MIB told Jacob that he sent Richard to kill him, because he wants to leave the island, and he asked Jacob "to let him go".
    Jacob told the Man in Black that as long as he is alive, that won't happen. Then MIB said that is why he will kill Jacob. Jacob told him that someone will just replace him. MIB said that he'll just kill them, too.

So, is Jacob the island? Because he also said the cork is keeping the wine inside, and the island is like the cork.
    I'm guessing the mystery as to how/why MIB is trapped on the island probably won't be resolved until the mysterious episode 15 airs.......
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3862135;
    I believe this is correct.

I also heard Sun say that she was a candidate, but I think that is an assumption on her part. Ilana did say that she had to protect both Jin and Sun because she did not know which Kwon was the candidate referred to by Jacob. Perhaps Sun "knows" intuitively she is the candidate, but I feel it to be Jin.
    Perhaps it will be clearer after the next episode?

Florimel
    Hope is good, how about Love?

When Richard announced they were all dead and the island was "he!!" I said, oh NO!!!! I was so disappointed, I almost stopped watching. But, then I thought- based on his limited knowledge (since Jacob died before explaining it to Richard) that was what Richard thought, and I decided to continue watching. Am so glad I did, because it was just a ruse used by MIB in his hopes to gt Richard to kill Jacob. I would be so bummed if in the end, they were all just carrying on in a purgatory/limbo situation.

Jacob was rough with Richard when he fighting him off, but I think it was necessary. Loved how Jacob dragged Richard into the water until he was convinced he was still alive. Jacob is definitely not God, but I think of him as a good angel, compared to MIB the bad angel. (yeah, I do believe in angels) Both Jacob and MIB have limited extraordinary powers.
    Richard has been around as adviser for over 100 years right? That is some power, Jacob has.

Love this show!!!!!!

norm: help! How is it that Hurley is able to see and talk to dead people? I missed that light bulb moment. If you have the time to explain, or anyone - I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
    Whoops - sorry I just realized that you suggested it raised more questions did not answer> Sorry
    The part in bold made me wonder - why was he so violent with Richard when MIB sent him but then when Ben came to kill him, he basically killed him with open arms. Also, I don't think Jacob gave the knife back to MIB since Dogen had it to give to Sayid, so what knife did MIB have Ben use?

Lost announces the final episode is named " The End"--how original
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

I still can't believe we only have 7 episodes left until the "The End", *sigh*.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

They aren't dead. Ricardus said that because he was distraught.

In flash sideways world, why did Sawyer, a cop, let Kate escape from the airport wearing handcuffs ? When Kate escaped in the taxi, she glanced up, saw Jack, and paused like she knew him. Is she the mother of Jack's son?

Who built the statue, the lighthouse, the temple and the wheel?

Miles was pretty young when he discovered his ability, probably born with it. Hurley, as far as we know, has been capable (but not aware) since his stint at the mental ward way before 815 crashed. Was this ability the factor behind Hurley being admited to the metal ward?

What is the connection, or rather back story, behind Captain Hanso of the Black Rock and the Hanso that funded Dharma ?

What does the candidate need to do to become the new Jacob? Will the new Jacob then be given similar powers of old Jacob, ie. traveling off island to recruit candidates or granting immortality ?

Why does killing MIB have to be done before he/it speaks ?
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 03-26-2010 at 02:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread