+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Other sites say Austen wasn't on the cave wall, but I'm almost positive I saw it. I don't think I taped over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3848495;
    That is what I thought I heard them say as well. I also thought there weren't supposed to be any breaks, but I think that works out to two weeks when we won't get our Lost fix.
    I believe they said "There are just 10 episodes left until..the 2-hour LOST finale"

so there are 10 eps + the 2hr finale

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3848570;
    I believe they said "There are just 10 episodes left until..the 2-hour LOST finale"

so there are 10 eps + the 2hr finale
    That's what I saw, too, Dogg. The 2-hour finale will be aired on Sunday, May 23.

I also saw the blurb about the return of Michelle Rodriguez. Groan!!! Shudder!!! Dreadful actress, dreadful character, and I hope her appearance will be brief. My guess is we might see her as part of the resolution of the Libby character since both were shot by Michael.

I also keep thinking about the "what is the island?" question and the hint that it is a four-letter word, with one vowel, and no 'a's or 'e's, along with Damon and Carlton's other hint about "Water." Since water is the beginning of life, I thought the word might be 'womb' or the opposite of life, 'tomb.'
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

There are eleven Tuesdays between now and Sunday May 23rd, so that means at least one week of no Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3848705;
    That's what I saw, too, Dogg. The 2-hour finale will be aired on Sunday, May 23.

I also saw the blurb about the return of Michelle Rodriguez. Groan!!! Shudder!!! Dreadful actress, dreadful character, and I hope her appearance will be brief. My guess is we might see her as part of the resolution of the Libby character since both were shot by Michael.

I also keep thinking about the "what is the island?" question and the hint that it is a four-letter word, with one vowel, and no 'a's or 'e's, along with Damon and Carlton's other hint about "Water." Since water is the beginning of life, I thought the word might be 'womb' or the opposite of life, 'tomb.'
    remember A-L made a brief appearance as a ghost-police officer to Hurley last season

hopefully it will be a brief interaction like that

or maybe Bob will bring her back for tempting purposes (maybe libby too to tempt Hurley...who knows) and in the sideways world maybe A-L still killed that dude that shot her and when she gets back to LA her moms acts like Kates mom and send her to jail

---anyways, i wrote on youtube on the Dr Linus that my theory is that they are digging Lockes body up, amongst others (Ana-L?) buried in the losties makeshift graveyard

people assume they are burying people, but digging em up makes more sense; and maybe Ilana will do something with Jacobs ashes

and Ben is not gonna die, lol yall know previews are straight lies...don't fall for it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3848705;

Interesting thought.... Where are our Scrabble players? I bet they could come up with list ASAP!

More crossed out names: Rodrigues (Anna Lucia) was #120 on (cave and Lighthouse), Michael Dawson #124 (cave & lighthouse). Linus (Ben) #117 (guess Jacob new he wasn't the one) Karl Martin (the kid that was dating Alex). There are about 118 names crossed out.

PWS Perhaps they haven't reached the island yet, or they were still in the temple, and were killed after Jacob was killed:
    56 Haasra
    57 Grimwault
    60 Kysea
    My guess is they may still be coming

Right now I am concerned that Jin is on the Locke side of the fence, while Sun is on the Illana side.

How does one graduate to be the replacement for Jacob? I still think it will be Jack........
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Here is a link to a list of the lost candidates with their names and numbers and which ones are crossed out so far, if anyone wants it. It's not complete, but the best one I've seen so far.

Lost - season six (final)

I did notice that #108 is Wallace, which again has me thinking of the Scottish Desmond Hume. Both William Wallace and David Hume were important in Scottish history. Hume was a philosopher with interest in metaphysics, philosophy of mind, ethics, political philosophy, etc... and William Wallace was a military hero and leader of the resistance in the Scottish Wars for Independence. Desmond is the only clearly Scottish character I can think of offhand. It might be just another creative use of names, but it did give me pause.

Oops, not the only Scottish name. Boone's last name was Carlyle and there is a Scottish essayist name Thomas Carlyle.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

A-L's last name was Cortes

and she wasn't on the list

actually the original LOST list was only Austen, Sheppard, Ford, Reyes

so they been candidates from the beginning

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Okay, warning--lots of responses ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3841463;
    IMO Jacob was trying to protect Hurley and Jack and that Jack is being primed to be Jacob's replacement. I think Hurley will be his "Richard".
    (Based on what MIB/UnLock said to Richard earlier, I got the impression that Richard just followed whatever Jacob said without question.) Something Hurley has proven himself to do as well many times in the past.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?????
    I shortened your post but agree with it! (I know, this is a week late-lol!) I wonder if Jacob had Hurley lead Jack away b/c if Jack saw Claire, it would ruin things? Because, if things come to a head and Jack isn't completely 'turned,' would he go against his sister??

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3843421;
    I keep thinking it will come down to Jack vs. Sawyer...aka Locke/MIB vs. Jacob.

Lildago, I've been thinking the same thing -- it's always been Sawyer vs Jack (to me). (With leading the passengers, with Kate, with Juliet, they've always been competing with each other.) Locke was always kind of on his own but Sawyer and Jack have always led others. I think it's going to come down to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3844071;
    I don't expect it to be all sunshine and roses in the end, battle usually means destruction and death; then rebirth. But, I am hoping there is some feeling of victory, satisfaction, and fulfillment watching the finale.
    Absolutely-- just like the Deathly Hallows. I'll be sad but expect this'll happen for a 'real' ending. I know this is wishful thinking, but I would love to see Sawyer having a cup of coffee with Juliet at the very end. Isn't that what she said when she died???

My thoughts--

Last week -- Earlier in the season, we guessed that perhaps the sideways life was supposed to show how the lives of the castaways were better on the island but, after watching last week, Jack's relationship actually improved with his son...hmm... And, during Kate's episode, we saw her make the conscious decision to return the bag to Claire and drive her to the hospital. Her life took a slight turn for the positive.

This week, Sayid, too, wanted to make his life better and I think he did. I love him and this episode kind of depressed me because it's always been about Nadia for him. I thought of Shannon as well for being the someone who died in his arms but I think the sideway life showed him still deeply in love with Nadia and that emphasis leads me to believe that it was Nadia he was thinking of.

Which reminds me of something (tangent) I forgot about from a few weeks ago-- and also made me wonder whether Jacob was not as 'good' as we think he is -- Jacob had the ability to prevent a death (Nadia's) and, instead, he kept Sayid from paying attention to his wife crossing the road in front of the car. I'm not so sure it was him saving Sayid but more him letting Nadia die. With her death, Sayid suddenly embarks on the road that leads him back to the island. He never would've left if she was still alive. And when he touched James, perhaps he led him down the road that also led to death and the destruction of others' lives.

I mentioned early in the season and still debate in my head about this but UnLocke was upset at Richard and the others on the beach -- I took this to be that he was upset b/c they'd allowed themselves to be manipulated by Jacob. HOWEVER, I can't see someone who is 'good' using physical violence (and murder) to further his agenda. But then Jacob did it in roundabout ways as well so who knows. It really drives me crazy, not being 100% sure who is 'good' and 'evil'.

I mentioned above that I really do think that it's going to come down to Sawyer vs Jack. Another reason for my thinking is that Locke is already being used as a vessel, so he wouldn't be the 'next generation' so to speak and perhaps Sayid will be UnLocke/Sawyer's "Richard" and, as someone else mentioned, Hurley might be Jack/Jacob's version??

Someone also mentioned free will vs faith -- what if the whole series instead just boils down to free will-- period. Because I think in the "final showdown," it's only going to take something very slight to push it in one direction or the other. And isn't that how it usually in life? Perhaps Sawyer is heading down the road of evil and he sees a flower and is reminded of Juliet? Or perhaps Jack is headed down the road of evil and he sees something that reminds him of Kate?

IDK -- sorry for all the jumbled thoughts -- too much thinking for a Friday. LOL!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread