+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

FORT Regular

Re: Lost - season six (final)

I finally caught up on Season 5 over my holiday break. So excited for the final season and I really hope they answer all the questions they've created for us viewers in those 5 seasons. It seems like for every answer we get, two or more questions arise. I'm not sure a single season is enough to bring closure to it all!

I just saw this article (courtesy of Carton Cuse twitter) with The Hollywood Reporter, and thought you might also enjoy the Q&A with Cuse and Lindelof.
    My favorite Question:

THR: Have you boiled "Lost" down to a central question that the finale needs to resolve?

Lindelof: The only question that's ever mattered to us is what is going to happen to these people. What is the character resolution? That the audience feels like the characters had an arc -- a beginning, middle and end. And I'm satisfied with that. All the crazy island mythology stuff, we love it, but it's like terrorists attacking Jack Bauer -- it's stuff that happens in order to tell cool character stories.

Q&A: 'Lost' producers discuss emotional final season --The Live Feed | THR
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

from tvguide.com:

Will State of the Union Speech Push Back Lost Premiere?
    Jan 6, 2010 06:05 PM ET by Kate Stanhope

In the ultimate battle between our real and fantasy lives, Lost's final season premiere may be bumped by President Barack Obama's State of the Union address.

The White House is currently considering either Jan. 26 or Feb. 2 — the night of the premiere — for the State of the Union speech, The Wrap reports. Lost fans aren't exactly the most patient bunch, and a Twitter hash tag has already been started to protest the possible scheduling conflict, #NoStateofUnionFeb2.

The Obama administration hasn't decided on Feb. 2, the site reports. However, if officials do choose to take that major piece of primetime real estate, Lost may have to move its premiere until the following Tuesday, Feb. 9.

Of course, there's no pleasing everyone: The Jan. 26 date would interrupt an all-new episode of American Idol. The White House refused to comment on the scheduling matter.

NY Times reporting that Feb 2nd is no longer on the list!

The Caucus Blogs - No Date Yet for the State of the Union, But...

The White House will not say when President Obama’s State of the Union Address will be delivered. They did say, however, when it will not be: During the three-hour season premier of the final season of “Lost” on ABC, which airs on Feb. 2.

Fans of the television series about marooned plane crash survivors have created a stir on the Internet over the possibility that Mr. Obama would schedule his speech on the same night of the show.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, told reports today that he could “allay fears” of those who watch “Lost.” He said the president’s speech will not be on Feb. 2.

He did not explicitly say the decision was made because of the hit program, but administration officials have acknowledged being lobbied to keep the State of the Union away from Feb. 2. “I assume it’s a big deal at ABC,” Mr. Gibbs said.
    Yay! Thank you Mr. President! I can now enjoy the State of the Union and the premiere of Lost in peace .

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3789880;
    NY Times reporting that Feb 2nd is no longer on the list!

The Caucus Blogs - No Date Yet for the State of the Union, But...

Yay! Thank you Mr. President! I can now enjoy the State of the Union and the premiere of Lost in peace .
    Maybe President Obama is a LOST fan

Entertainment Weekly newest issue has an enjoyable (non spoilerish) interview with Emerson and O'Quinn discussing their characters, (which includes a new photo of final season Locke looking fierce and ruthless). January 15th issue # 1085. You can tell the two have become good friends off screen by the easy camaraderie.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

The season premiere is now showing up on my DVR

It is getting closer now, and I am thrilled!!!! Two hours starting at 8/7 Central on 02/02/2010. Get ready!!
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3790872;
    Entertainment Weekly newest issue has an enjoyable (non spoilerish) interview with Emerson and O'Quinn discussing their characters, (which includes a new photo of final season Locke looking fierce and ruthless). January 15th issue # 1085. You can tell the two have become good friends off screen by the easy camaraderie.
    Do you know who is on the cover of that issue? I get that mag but hardly have time to look at them. thanks.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell were on the cover. If you're interested in plain old speculation on what's going on with Lost, you should check out Entertainment Weekly's website. Doc Jensen has some interesting things to say about the show.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Gracie is right! Ellen and Simon are on the over with the title "Nice vs. Nasty" the date is January 15th, issue #1085
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread