+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3831498;
    . . . That boy in the woods who talked about the rules was so obviously blond that my first thought was that he is Aaron, and perhaps the next manifestation of Jacob. Second thought was of Penny and Desmond's son, Charley, but I could not remember if he was blond. . .
    Or Walt, had he been born to other parents?
    (Hey, with Lost, who knows? )
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My tape of last week's show didn't work so I only got to see it last night in the annotated "rerun". I missed a bit because my sig. other had the nerve to try to talk to me during LOST (!!!!)---how did Kate rehook up with Claire? Last I saw Claire got out of the cab and Kate went off with her luggage only to discover all the baby stuff, etc., in it. So obviously Kate must have gone looking for Claire to return it, but how did Kate find Claire? Thanks!!!

One other query on Claire and Aaron---I know Kate helped deliver Aaron on the island, so nice parallel link in the sidewise universe, but does anyone remember if Aaron came a month early on the island? When her premature labor started in the sidewise universe they said she was at 36 weeks (vs. the normal 40). I would think I would recall Claire being especially panicked about a premature delivery on the island, but then the whole thing was so chaotic with Ethan and all that it's all a blur.

So Sayid has darkness growing in him that will infect everyone? Just like it was growing in Claire??? Was that darkness there before he died and was revived in the pool, or was it a consequence of the pool? If before I could see it as he had indeed done some terrible things in his life...but what had Claire ever done other than get pregnant out of wedlock? And be rude to her mother!

Re everyone maybe being happier for having been on the island... Hurley seems to be the exception. He seems quite happy having won the lottery and using his winnings "for good". Symbolic of that is that he's already calling himself Hugo, not Hurley, something "our" Hugo is only now beginning to do.

And I'm sorry, but I want Locke to call Jack, just in case! But I'm glad Helen loves him anyway. And was Locke not paralyzed by his dad in the sidewise universe? Because didn't they talk about having a small wedding with just her parents and his dad? Or did I misunderstand? So many questions! As usual!

FORT Fanatic

One thing about last night's episode - when "Locke" was reading off the names and numbers did he mention Kate? I don't recall her name being mentioned and can't remember if he used all the numbers or not.

I had been thinking the alternate characters might come face to face with their doppelgangers at the end of the season, but that didn't seem consistent with the type of time travel we had seen so far.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3831564;
    One thing about last night's episode - when "Locke" was reading off the names and numbers did he mention Kate? I don't recall her name being mentioned and can't remember if he used all the numbers or not.
    Here are the ones he showed/spoke of:

16 - Jarrah
    42 - Kwon
    23 - Shephard
    8 - Reyes
    4 - Locke
    15 - Ford

I missed the first hour of the premiere episode, and they reran only the second hour. Did they reveal any more major plot points in the first hour? I know Juliet initially survived, then died after saying "it worked". I guess I missed that Locke died on the island and how Smokey took over his body, killing Jacob, and Hurley revealing that he did in fact win the lottery on the plane. Anything else major? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3831530;
    Entertainment Weekly has an interview with Lindelof and Cuse....an interesting read. The highlights for me...
    • Regarding the two timelines...they say we should be asking "Will characters from one timeline become aware of the other?" and "Will the timelines merge?" (WTH??? ) They say a lot of mythological answers on the island will come early in the season but the answers to the two timelines will be more of a "slow burn."
    • When asked if Fake Locke = Man in Black = Smokey...they say to believe it. I'm going to quote this paragraph since I find it all very intriguing.
    Thank you!
    In the TV Guide article, Carlton Cuse mentioned:
    All that matters now are the flash-sideways stories. These stories contain differences that you don't need to try to reconcile, but loyal fans will find interesting.
    Then the article relates the differences between both "Kate's". Kate's flash-sideways reveals that instead of being a really tormented fugitive on the run, she's now a fugitive on the run who gets a kick out of it.

These flash-sideways characters may have similarities to the characters we have come to know, but their histories might be different........ which could lead to different actions, and different stories. It is NOT a simple picking up of their lives where they left off before the crash, and continuing forward with their lives from that point; instead they are an alternate of what we already know with perhaps some past events the same and some not.

We know that Shannon wasn't on the plane, and the article said it wasn't just because of a conflict in her schedule.
    "We're up to something," teases Lindelof. "There's a method to our madness, but your going to have to watch the entire season to understand it".
    As for the MIB/Bob - my personal impression is that he duplicates/replicates the person; so that he knows, thinks and feels everything that person knew and felt. Their past is his. Which makes me wonder if he can only replicate someone that Smokey has already "scanned"? Does the process of scanning leave an imprint/ (like a chip or something), so that even at the moment of Locke's death, he is in tune with his thoughts?????

Has Smokey scanned everyone on the island at one time or another????
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

These flash-sideways characters may have similarities to the characters we have come to know, but their histories might be different........ which could lead to different actions, and different stories. It is NOT a simple picking up of their lives where they left off before the crash, and continuing forward with their lives from that point; instead they are an alternate of what we already know with perhaps some past events the same and some not.
    no crash on the island means no Jacob intervention ever

which means Locke never got tossed out a 8 story window, so Jacob never walked over and touched em... so his paralysis is due to something else (like construction); also since Peggy Bundy is w/ Locke it means he never chased his daddy around looking for a relationship

Ben is a teacher because he was never shot/never healed and never became an other, so Roger and Ben bailed probably after his Dharma tour was up

the only storyline that bugs me really is sideways Claire, because i always thought the los angeles family was fictional

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hi folks, I really want to know this, so am posting again and hoping someone remembers this from the sidewise world...

My tape of last week's show didn't work so I only got to see it last night in the annotated "rerun". I missed a bit because my sig. other had the nerve to try to talk to me during LOST (!!!!)---how did Kate rehook up with Claire? Last I saw Claire got out of the cab and Kate went off with her luggage only to discover all the baby stuff, etc., in it. So obviously Kate must have gone looking for Claire to return it, but how did Kate find Claire? Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3831560;
    how did Kate rehook up with Claire? Last I saw Claire got out of the cab and Kate went off with her luggage only to discover all the baby stuff, etc., in it. So obviously Kate must have gone looking for Claire to return it, but how did Kate find Claire? Thanks!!!

One other query on Claire and Aaron---I know Kate helped deliver Aaron on the island, so nice parallel link in the sidewise universe, but does anyone remember if Aaron came a month early on the island?

And I'm sorry, but I want Locke to call Jack, just in case! But I'm glad Helen loves him anyway. And was Locke not paralyzed by his dad in the sidewise universe? Because didn't they talk about having a small wedding with just her parents and his dad? Or did I misunderstand? So many questions! As usual!
    Claire escaped from the cab, then Kate went to a chop shop & had the guy remove her handcuffs. She then went through Claire's stuff & found a picture of her & a whale stuffed animal (which he also had in a previous episode). She went back in the cab & found Claire at a bus stop (like that could happen in LA). She asked Claire to get in the cab, which she did & then they went to find the adoptive parents.

I don't remember if Aaron came early on the island. I think she had contractions when they 1st crashed on the beach, but they went away.

From what I've read elsewhere, there were pictures on Locke's desk of him & his dad & him & Helen & he was standing. So it seems like something else happened to him that paralyzed him.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Mike's girl, I don't think Smokey has scanned everyone. I can only remember Locke and Eko. And I guess you could say Ben when he was down in the tunnels & Alex came to him after she had died.

Alexxxx, I think you caught everything from the premiere.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread