+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 84 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Okay, so last night's episode was definitely a lot better than last week's borefest. One thing I noticed: we're being led to believe that "John Locke" is dead, and another "person" has taken over his body. Yet, when "Locke" was chasing the kid in the jungle, and the kid tells him he can't kill him, he yells out his signature line "Don't tell me what I can't do" which he has uttered so many times before. So is "Locke" still inside of his body?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet;3831360;
    Okay, so last night's episode was definitely a lot better than last week's borefest. One thing I noticed: we're being led to believe that "John Locke" is dead, and another "person" has taken over his body. Yet, when "Locke" was chasing the kid in the jungle, and the kid tells him he can't kill him, he yells out his signature line "Don't tell me what I can't do" which he has uttered so many times before. So is "Locke" still inside of his body?
    I picked up on this too and mentioned something to my friend. I was told "oh it's been said a bunch of times on the show" but I don't see if it wasn't important, why it was brought up again when Locke was talking to Helen. There's definitely some sort of connection here if you ask me.

Also did you notice that Hurley is kind of non-existent in the flash sideways? It's all Hugo Reyes. I know a lot of people feel the flash sideways are pointless and detract from the main storyline but I think it's really important. The past 5 years the survivors have always wondered what their life would have been had the plane not crashed. Now we're seeing that for them to not crash, many other things would have also had to be different and, ultimately, their life is more fulfilling on the island.

I think there is a melding of two spirits within the human form. Locke has now been crossed off the list, so I am anticipating a transformation in Sawyer. Only someone like Richard might immediately notice the difference.

FORT Fogey

I'm so glad y'all are on this morning discussing this crazy show. I usually have to watch it twice, then come here to try to understand everything.

So, Hurley is obviously affluent in the flash sideways, do we assume he still wins the lottery? And if he did, it was with the numbers from the hatch? Does the hatch even exist?

Also, the names that Locke (or whoever he is) showed Sawyer in the rock cave each had numbers attached to them, the same numbers from the hatch and Hurley's lottery ticket. What's the significance?

I think this is the best TV show ever written, but it leaves me with nothing but questions! Thoughts?

Richard was very interesting last night. He always seemed so in charge & in control, but last night it was like he was scared of UnLocke.
    I was so happy for Locke in the sideways world, him & Helen!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Richard has turned into a lil bitch
    ---

i always had issues with the whole Bob Smokinson being Locke... i even went back last week and watch some s5 eps like "life and death of jeremy..." and the finale and it appears as if Bob didn't know he was Bob when Ceasar/Ilana found him there on the beach.

He said stuff like "that's the man that killed me" and remembered being choked out also he was trying to figure out why he was alive and ended up on the island and he was asking about the people on the plane trying to figure out what happened

that plus some other lil things that made it seem that the whole thing wasn't just an act to manipulate Ben...

i think maybe the writers wasn't sure which way they were going and now they want to make sure we know that it was all an act so Bob could kill Jacob. He actually made the point in last nite eps.

then they decide to do a POV scene where Smokey is maneuvering around and then "transforms" into Locke, and then they throw in points where Iliana said he is trapped in that form and you had Bob showing the "Locke" in him

---

it also appears to me that the "sideways" timeline means basically no Jacob "interference" ; Jacobs interference is what brought all the non-dharmites to the island... The Losties never got to the island therefore Ben never got shot/healed/never became an other....why he is a schoolteacher

i didn't really get the end, does Bobby want Sawyer to participate in a double suicide? what?

also who is the lil dude in the jungle?

Unlike some others, I did not find last week's episode boring. While Kate has always been one of my least favorite characters, it had its purpose. It would be impossible for every epiisode to be of the same quality, but all of them have intrigued me for one reason or another. It's like literature. No matter how great the book is, there are always some sections that don't hold one's interest as much as others.

I think one of the main reasons for the sideways flashes is to show that these people were going to intertwine in each other's lives regardless of how the changed past may have modified their current lives. I'm specualting that the stories will somehow merge as the end approaches.

That boy in the woods who talked about the rules was so obviously blond that my first thought was that he is Aaron, and perhaps the next manifestation of Jacob. Second thought was of Penny and Desmond's son, Charley, but I could not remember if he was blond.

My thought about man in black/Locke is that whoever he is, he cannot get off the island -- or wherever his 'home' is -- without someone's help, much like Widmore cannot get back to the island without help. His try with Richard didn't work, now he's tempting Sawyer.

All just speculation, of course. I love how this story stimulates my own writer's imagination.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3831420;
    I'm so glad y'all are on this morning discussing this crazy show. I usually have to watch it twice, then come here to try to understand everything.

So, Hurley is obviously affluent in the flash sideways, do we assume he still wins the lottery? And if he did, it was with the numbers from the hatch? Does the hatch even exist?

Also, the names that Locke (or whoever he is) showed Sawyer in the rock cave each had numbers attached to them, the same numbers from the hatch and Hurley's lottery ticket. What's the significance?

I think this is the best TV show ever written, but it leaves me with nothing but questions! Thoughts?
    I'm pretty sure that Hurley won the lotto still since he said as much on the plane in the season premiere. As for the numbers he won with I don't think they're the numbers from the hatch because it seems alternate HUGO never went to the mental institution to meet the guy that gave him the numbers to win with. Also, he was in Australia for a work meeting, not to go to the psychic to ask about the numbers.

Entertainment Weekly has an interview with Lindelof and Cuse....an interesting read. The highlights for me...
    • Regarding the two timelines...they say we should be asking "Will characters from one timeline become aware of the other?" and "Will the timelines merge?" (WTH??? ) They say a lot of mythological answers on the island will come early in the season but the answers to the two timelines will be more of a "slow burn."

• When asked if the bomb really sank the island, they say, "no comment." However, they suggest we take a closer look at conspicuous details like the statue...home to Jacob. Lindelof hints, "It looks like New Otherton got built," referring to the Dharma's former compound. He says these clues may help us determine when the island may have sunk and that in a few episodes, some characters might even discuss it.

• When asked if Fake Locke = Man in Black = Smokey...they say to believe it. I'm going to quote this paragraph since I find it all very intriguing.
      The producers promise that this season will explore the nature of the conflict between Jacob and Locke/ MIB(Titus Welliver/Smokey, which involves fundamental questions like "Is man good or evil?" "That leads to the very end of the show, which is: 'What is the destiny of these characters?'" says Cuse. "We've worked to show that there is good and evil in the characters and that they struggle to overcome their dark sides. Is redemption possible? Locke[Terry O'Quinn] is going to emerge on one side of the debate, and the other characters will emerge on the other. But your sense of who's good and who's bad might change a bit over the course of the season." Cracks Lindelof," We might not tell you what the numbers mean, but we have every intention of telling you whether or not humanity is essentially good or evil."
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

merging timelines... why not

+ Reply to Thread