+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

So excited for this!!! Tuesday at 9 is perfect for me!!!!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fanatic

for lost fanatics who dont own season's 1-5 dvds yet. amazon has it as their gold box deal. it is on sale now until whatever amount they have set aside for this deal runs out or time expires. usually most great deals run out within in 6hrs. just go to amazon and click on the little treasure box today's deals on the top of the page.

nice way to have a marathon/catch-up before final season starts.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

I just received Amazon notice that my season 5 DVD has shipped. I have no idea why, but I am excited to have them all. Even though I have yet to break open the prior seasons. (I continue to watch reruns online and on other stations.)

Here is the latest Lost spoilers from Kristen at Eonline:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Wendell: Lost scoop, now!
    Sir, yes, sir! I can assure you that the first episode is nothing short of amazing, and you best have your DVR hooked up because you'll want to watch it at least twice. No, make that 18 times. The sixth-season premiere will present us with two seemingly incompatible storylines: One in which we find out someone we thought was dead is actually alive (a certain very pretty someone) in the same time that we last saw him or her, and the other in which we will see Flight 815 again (which I'm pretty sure all of you have heard about by now). It's a head-scratcher, for sure. But an awesome head-scratcher, nonetheless. And these two storylines will go on for a little while (in different decades) from what I hear.

Drew in Madrid: Will we see Rose again on Lost? I miss her!
    Yes, definitely. According to my source, "She and Jack (Matthew Fox) will be reunited, and this time it will feel so good!" (FYI, we're thinking of a very specific Jack and Rose scene. Post your guesses about which one in the comments.)

Michael in La Jolla, Calif.: Please tell me something about Lost! Anything! I'm dying without more spoilers.
    How about a little scoop on our longtime girl crush? We already know that Rebecca Mader (Charlotte) is back on Lost in some capacity this season, but what's the real deal behind her resurrection? "I can't say," she tells us with a grin. And just why not? "Because it's really, really, really, really, really, really exciting and I don't want to ruin it. It's too good to say." (Yes, she really said really that many times!) And on that note, this is the most revealing thing we were able to get out of her: "It's going to blow people's heads off." Sounds like someone's taking a page out of the Dexter handbook. OMG, does Trinity kill Charlotte?!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

My season 5 DVD is out for delivery as I type. UPS usually gets here late in the afternoon, so I have a few more hours to wait. Plus, Julie and Julia and Public Enemies are arriving from Netflix today, so my DVD players will be very busy.

Lost, like M.A.S.H. (1972-1983) or Gunsmoke (1955-1975), is a once in a generation quality show. The other two did last longer, but they were episodic stories, and are still being rerun. I suspect Lost will join them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3755511;
    I am assuming you are referring to Mitchell..... and I am fond of her as well. I didn't start off trusting Juliet, and there were times in the past I would have been fine with her being killed off, but that all changed when she decided to help the Losties. I love Juliet and Sawyer, and will be disappointed if the show ends and they are not happily ever after.
    As usual, I feel EXACTLY the same way.

I can't stand the character of Kate and I really hope she ends up alone (without the kid, too).
    Sawyer and Juliet make me happy !
    I hope Sayid and Hurley are okay. I even kind of like Ben. Everyone else is kinda bleh at this point.

With the release of the crazy pre-season spoilers I am starting to get worried. I have this yicky feeling that something crazy is going to happen that will result in a Newhart-esque finale...and the world of the losties may be imagined/not happen/etc...

Anyone else getting bummed out by this prospect (I know this idea has been around since the show started, along with aliens, dreams, heaven and other scenarios).?.!?

I do not want this show to end as a dream sequence. What a waste of my time if it does!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3767007;
    I do not want this show to end as a dream sequence. What a waste of my time if it does!!
    I can't remember when or where I read this..... but "Darlton" said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it is not a dream/nightmare and they did not all die in the plane crash and are stranded in Purgatory.
    That is about all they have confirmed regarding the premise of the show. They have also always tried to be truthful in answering questions during podcasts (but playful) and to not mislead. I would even go so far as to say they have deliberately tried to clarify misunderstandings viewers have had as soon as they could.

I respect them, and am embarrassed to admit that I follow both Damon and Carlton on twitter just because they amuse me. (and I am always hopeful they will spill something).

One of the nicest things I've seen on twitter was Carlton mentioning Dec 8th:"The Season 5 DVD is out today. All the writers are signing them for Disney employees at the Disney Store on the lot @ 1pm."
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Has anyone else seen the new ad for the new season?

It has Willie Nelson singing "Amazing Grace" and it is brilliant--and very touching.

I feel that the way certain of the lyrics are emphasized there are some possible clues there.

Emphasized--

"I once was lost but now I'm found"

And most especially--

"I once was blind but now I see."

What are thoughts you have about this?

One little gem that I found out while watching the DVD 5 special features is that Phil and Jerry (LaFleur's security assistants) were named for Phil Lesh and Jerry Garcia in a shoutout to Grateful Dead. I'm always looking for significance in names, but this one did not even occur to me.

Since I just finished watching the film, Taking Woodstock, which I really enjoyed, I'm feeling very nostalgic this weekend.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

At last!!! I finally have mr. gracie hooked on Lost. He has never watched any of it since he always left for work about 9:30, but one of his friends watches it faithfully and convinced him that it's a great show. He had to test the waters so I started him on season 1. Thankfully he likes the show and wants to know what happens next. I just hope I can get through all 5 seasons before the end begins. (Man, I hate to say that). If you are interested, Getting Lost is back on ew.com with some interesting insight and questions.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread