+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

I agree with CCL in that Evie is one of the weaker actors on the show. She's excellent at the physical and stunt work, but her softer side is a little one-dimensional. I've always found the character is better realized when alone.

The ending I would like to see for Sawyer is for him to reunite with his daugher and her mother. I doubt he'll be given such a happy ending, but I think it would fit.

This season is working out just as I anticipated and I love it so far. There isn't a major network show that can compete though a few come close and more than a few cable shows come close.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3826667;
    I think the problem with Kate is that the actress is not good enough to carry off the complexity of the character. She's not even that into acting as she has talked about not continuing in the field after Lost.
    LOST is a pretty atypical experience in acting...almost like being on a soap, so many years in such a fixed location, so draining as she is on almost every episode so never any time off for other types of acting. She may change her mind after she catches her breath.

I think a lot of Evie as a person. I've watched her on a few talk shows and she is very much a tomboy/tough chick gal. She has more masculine energy then most actresses. At first I wondered about her former relationship with Dominic Monaghan, because she isn't very girlie girl but then I realized they balanced each other nicely, at least for the time they were together. She actually said once she got the role because the producers found out she really can easily climb trees.

I thought some of her season one acting was very good, but I understand if she chose not to pursue acting. So much attention in media, after a few years you want some anonymity. She has a free spirit and I can see her confident enough and adventurist to not fear unemployment. Plus, if she even saved half of what she made, she could probably live comfortably a long time. ( At least I would be able too).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3826667;
    I think the problem with Kate is that the actress is not good enough to carry off the complexity of the character. She's not even that into acting as she has talked about not continuing in the field after Lost.

I read that Matthew Fox has said the same thing about not acting anymore after Lost. However, he might go into directing. I hate not to see him in front of the camera, though, as I really like him.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3827093;
    [/B]

I read that Matthew Fox has said the same thing about not acting anymore after Lost. However, he might go into directing. I hate not to see him in front of the camera, though, as I really like him.
    He has said that he will not do another television show again, not that he would give up acting.

I thought Evangeline and Dom were back together? I don't think she has spent much of what she has earned on Lost (I recall her renting in Hawaii rather than splashing out on expensive property and I don't see her as being a high-spending individual in general) so I'm sure she has quite a bit in her bank account.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3827790;
    He has said that he will not do another television show again, not that he would give up acting.

I thought Evangeline and Dom were back together? I don't think she has spent much of what she has earned on Lost (I recall her renting in Hawaii rather than splashing out on expensive property and I don't see her as being a high-spending individual in general) so I'm sure she has quite a bit in her bank account.
    Ohh - that's cool! As I said before, I think they balance each other and from what I have heard; Dom was quite smitten when they met and I think they do balance each other nicely. (Not that I have any say in the matter).

I was thinking, remember that infection Danielle talked about all of her people getting and dying from (well she killed them) but are we assume that smoky is responsible for that and it is the same thing Sayid is infected with? or no connection?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

All of the people that Danielle killed because they were infected went into the temple so that doesn't bode well for the people inside the wall. Sawyer doesn't know that Locke isn't Locke, so where's that going to put him this week?

Maybe the point of this season is to make the loyal viewers (us) not care so much about the details of questions we've had from past seasons, but more about where the characters are going to end up. On or off the island?; dead or alive?; happy or pretty much the same as when the show started? If that's the plan, it's working for me.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3828374;
    All of the people that Danielle killed because they were infected went into the temple so that doesn't bode well for the people inside the wall. Sawyer doesn't know that Locke isn't Locke, so where's that going to put him this week?

Maybe the point of this season is to make the loyal viewers (us) not care so much about the details of questions we've had from past seasons, but more about where the characters are going to end up. On or off the island?; dead or alive?; happy or pretty much the same as when the show started? If that's the plan, it's working for me.
    Very nicely expressed and perceived, and I do think you have a good attitude on this final season. I am getting there, and I thank you for sharing your thoughts!
    Christopher Reeve

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I've felt that way from the start....but so nice to have it expressed that way for me gracie!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3828374;

Hm, hadn't thought about Danielle and all of those she killed. I'm interested to see where this goes. Will something change because the healing waters in the temple appear tainted?

I would like to see all of the characters happy...whether on or off the island. However, I still want answers. I don't think I could stand a simple "happily ever after" ending.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread