+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet;3824508;
    I'm not usually one to complain about this show, but I didn't like last night's episode. Maybe I'm just tired of the storyline, but I don't really care about what Kate did, or what she does. The whole back and forth with the Sayid-is-risen, now-let's-kill-him was also boring. Hopefully there will be better stuff next week.
    Last night's episode bothered me as well, and I consider myself a loyal fan. I have watched every episode at least twice, and about 80% of them 3 times. I am disappointed in the Sideways direction, because they have taken characters we have known for 6 years and given us an entirely NEW set of strangers in the final season. The sideways isn't a "what if" storyline, (where their lives were the same up until the near missed crash moment, and then how they were affected by not crashing)....... No, their entire past/present and future changed. Who cares about total strangers!!!

I love Damon and Carlton, but I think they (already knowing the end) are completely out of touch with just how confusing this show is now.
    At a point when viewers are anxious to start resolving 6 years of a saga, they instead throw entirely new type of characters/stories (it looks like the exact opposite of who and what we know) that I just don't care about.
    Sideways Kate is totally different from crash Kate. Who cares about sideways chick? I have years of emotional history and background on "crash Kate". I want to know what happens to the person I have been watching for the past six years.

They will no doubt find some way to unite the two, but loyal fan that I have been - I am starting to wonder if this new attempt to break boundaries will result in my skipping the season until the finale - when it will be a wrap.

At a time when there is enough distress in life, I need TV to entertain me; I don't need to waste my time with a show that confuses and frustrates.

So, I am at a point where I am not sure what I will do. But, MrMet.... you are not alone!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... for various reasons I didn't get to see the opening two hours until yesterday, a "snow day".. and am I glad I read all your comments first. I think I'd have been totally confused the first hour about what was happening with the sidewise world. Still have this last hour to do.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3825437;
    Wow... for various reasons I didn't get to see the opening two hours until yesterday, a "snow day".. and am I glad I read all your comments first. I think I'd have been totally confused the first hour about what was happening with the sidewise world. Still have this last hour to do.
    It might be tbecause Kate is my least favorite character, but the last hour that you have remaining to watch, was not as exciting as the first two hours were. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    also, didn't jacob know what happenes in the future.. did he write on the paper all there names and tell them what was going to happen?

Hurley and them ended up in '77

so did he essentially carry the ankh w/ the note for 30 years?
    Well, Jacob did visit the remaining castaways currently in the 2007 Temple, except for Miles. (at least we haven't seen Jacob touch or visit Miles yet). But, he visited them at various times in his/their lives, except for Hurley, whom he touched just before Hurley went to the airport to catch the 2007 Arjira flight. I doubt that Hurley would have shown up for that last flight if not for Jacob, and the request from him to take the guitar case. So, yes - Jacob must have known something about the future and he was probably responsible for the names on the paper inside the Ankh.

But, that was already 2007 when he gave Hurley the case, and we don't know what the paper said - just Dogan's "word" that it listed their names.
    We know how good his word is from the Kate episode and Jack swallowing the pill to find out the truth.

I am saddened by Dogan's confession to Jack that Sayid has a growing darkness in him, similar to what happened to Jack's sister Claire. I was horrified to see the sweet Claire in the Sideways, contrasted with the ruthless vision of Claire at the end. Is there even a small, glimmer of that good person remaining in Claire to remember Jin and NOT kill him?

It does look like the MIB/Bob has spread his darkness everywhere on the island. I read the Feb 15-18 TV Guide issue (featuring Olympics Preview on the cover) and it appears that the show is so confusing that Damon and Carlton have stepped forward to explain some of the confusion so we don't all go crazy. It is spoilerish info which I don't feel like commenting on nor discussing, but some of the speculation about who is dead and who isn't is clarified in that article.

I want to see the good guys growing enlightened, and the bad guys drifting off into oblivion. But, I am no longer convinced that is where they are headed with this show.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

^ have faith they've had alot of time to plan out how this whole thing will end... we've gotten good past seasons when they were making shhh up as they went along, so this final season has to be good

they will just have to tighten up on the enchanced eps and maybe add more relevant notes to what's going on currently instead of reffering back to previous seasons/eps

if the LOST pros are getting confused... i can understand why Damon/Carlton might feel it necessary to explain stuff on the side and respond to people on twitter about filler eps...

anyways, it all Locke next week so it has to be good..right?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3824651;
    Last night's episode bothered me as well, and I consider myself a loyal fan. I have watched every episode at least twice, and about 80% of them 3 times. I am disappointed in the Sideways direction, because they have taken characters we have known for 6 years and given us an entirely NEW set of strangers in the final season. The sideways isn't a "what if" storyline, (where their lives were the same up until the near missed crash moment, and then how they were affected by not crashing)....... No, their entire past/present and future changed. Who cares about total strangers!!!

I love Damon and Carlton, but I think they (already knowing the end) are completely out of touch with just how confusing this show is now.
    At a point when viewers are anxious to start resolving 6 years of a saga, they instead throw entirely new type of characters/stories (it looks like the exact opposite of who and what we know) that I just don't care about.
    Sideways Kate is totally different from crash Kate. Who cares about sideways chick? I have years of emotional history and background on "crash Kate". I want to know what happens to the person I have been watching for the past six years.

They will no doubt find some way to unite the two, but loyal fan that I have been - I am starting to wonder if this new attempt to break boundaries will result in my skipping the season until the finale - when it will be a wrap.

At a time when there is enough distress in life, I need TV to entertain me; I don't need to waste my time with a show that confuses and frustrates.

So, I am at a point where I am not sure what I will do. But, MrMet.... you are not alone!
    I totally could not agree more!!!!!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I didn't think Tues's show was as good as it could have been, but honestly, most 2nd show's of the season feel like a let down because premiere's have so much packed into them. Plus I really don't like Kate much either!

I think Claire has turned into the next french woman.

Pawpaw, there should be a Richard episode too. I'm so excited for that one!

I have faith that Damon & Carlton will finish this all up great. I'm too invested in the show to let it go.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3825539;
    ^ have faith they've had alot of time to plan out how this whole thing will end... we've gotten good past seasons when they were making shhh up as they went along, so this final season has to be good

they will just have to tighten up on the enchanced eps and maybe add more relevant notes to what's going on currently instead of reffering back to previous seasons/eps

if the LOST pros are getting confused... i can understand why Damon/Carlton might feel it necessary to explain stuff on the side and respond to people on twitter about filler eps...

anyways, it all Locke next week so it has to be good..right?
    Thanks for the reminder!
    They will tie it up nicely I am sure, just frustrated with what I read in TV Guide about the Sideways I guess. Kate was the second in the centric series of the first season and since TPTB have decided to follow the first season in parallel..... first season, I was in her fan club; now, I wish she had been the one dragged down into the Jughead explosion instead of Juliet!

I saw a sneak peak of Locke's episode and it looks good!

Speaking of Damon and his twitters.... did you see this one:
    DamonLindelof
    "For those of you complaining of "filler." Seriously. PLEASE WATCH NCIS: LOS ANGELES. I promise not to hold it against you."

CarltonCuse

"Starting working out the beats of the finale today... To quote Dylan: "Oh mamma, can this really be the end...?"
    Christopher Reeve

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Aww, I like Kate ...I guess there aren't too many of us out here
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3826067;
    Aww, I like Kate ...I guess there aren't too many of us out here
    It is good that she has fans, and I don't think you are in the minority.
    I was a fan in the beginning, but the fickleness of her character made me question her motives. After all this time, I still don't know or understand Kate. The Sawyer/Jack triangle is not fun anymore. I don't want either guy to end up with her. Why does anyone need to be with Kate, she is better on her own.

I did like cleaned up Kate, as a foster mom after Oceanic 6 returned; but the island puts her right back into "wild card" mode.
    I would have rather seen Kate die, and Juliet live. Still disappointed over that, and would not like to see Kate try and hook up with Sawyer again this season. Let him grieve - after all these years, Juliet was the woman he wanted to marry.
    Christopher Reeve

CCL

I think the problem with Kate is that the actress is not good enough to carry off the complexity of the character. She's not even that into acting as she has talked about not continuing in the field after Lost.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread