+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 84 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3819862;
    OK, Lennon is obvious, but I need someone to deconstruct Dogen... All LOST names have meaning!

The producers say he holds an important key
    Click to see Spoiler:
    (as in secret)
    in the series.
    In Stephen King's epic novel The Dark Tower, a "dogan" is a secret base used by the Wolves, a mysterious group that periodically emerges from hiding to abduct children.

Unasnwered question:
    What is in the necklace that Dogen is wearing, and why does he grab it before he touches the Ankh in the guitar case?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, Lennon is obvious, but I need someone to deconstruct Dogen... All LOST names have meaning!
    Couldn't resist a quick trip to Google and Wikipedia...re Dogen...

"Dōgen Zenji (道元禅師; also Dōgen Kigen 道元希玄, or Eihei Dōgen 永平道元, or Koso Joyo Daishi) (19 January 1200 – 22 September 1253) was a Japanese Zen Buddhist teacher born in Kyōto, and the founder of the Sōtō school of Zen in Japan after travelling to China and training under the Chinese Caodong lineage there. Dōgen is known for his extensive writing including the Treasury of the Eye of the True Dharma or Shōbōgenzō, a collection of ninety-five fascicles concerning Buddhist practice and enlightenment."
    Knew it wouldn't be a random name!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Hmmm....interesting. But what does that mean?
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

It's always been my habit to look up Lost names. Here's what I found on Dogen. He lived from 1200 to 1253 and is considered the founder of the Soto Lineage of Buddhism in Japan.

DOGEN ZENJI

This article also has a link to the Dogen's Reflecting Pool. I love these writers and their research skills.
    Last edited by Florimel; 02-06-2010 at 05:11 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3819695;
    Bob proceeded to say how dissapointed he was in everybody after he beat down Richard... I wonder if Bob is really the good guy and he was telling them that he was dissapointed that they been blindly following Jacob/Richard and whatnot

i think the story of Bob/Jacob is similar to the Ben/Widmore thing... maybe Bob was "banished"

Jacob described Bob as a long time companion that grew tired of him...interesting

'm hoping that at minimum this final season that they tell the whole richard story
    I said the same thing to DH last night -- that I think it's too easy for Unlocke/Bob to be the bad guy. And why would he be disappointed in people unless it was because they fell into someone's (Jacob's) manipulations too easily. [Isn't that what the Devil is supposed to do--be able to manipulate people into believing him and following his sinful ways?? I think.] I also remember when Eko had been confronted by the smoke monster, the monster had scenes from Eko's life--in the Church and things he'd done. Watching those brief scenes, it seemed as if the monster was judging Eko. Would a bad guy do that?? IDK. What I do know is that I can't wait until Tuesday again!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Thanks to Lostpedia, I finally have an explanation for the X in LA X season premiere title.

"Earth X: The "X" in 'LA X' stands for an alternate reality. It is commonly used in comic books including Marvel Comics which have an alternate history/timeline called "Earth X". DC Comics also had two parallel earths with similar names, Earth-X, introduced in 1936, and Jimmy Olsen's Earth-X, introduced in 1966"

At Comic-Con 2009, Damon and Carlton promised that a new device would be introduced. This appears to be the "flash sideways" (as Carlton Cuse calls them) to a timeline where flight 815 never crashed, introduced in this episode.

For anyone interested in reading more of the comparison's between the two alternate realities you can visit Lostpedia and search under:
    Differences between flash-sideways timeline and original timeline.
    Sorry, we are not allowed to post the link directly to Lostpedia, but it is a great reference site and respected by Lost co-creators.

ETA: For those curious about Maggie Grace disappearance for the episode, I found this:
    "Originally, Shannon was set to make an appearance, but Maggie Grace was unable to film any scenes due to her busy schedule. Thus, the backstory was rewritten to accommodate this."
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 02-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Major good news: according to EOnline's Kristin, Daniel Dae Kim has been cast in a major role on the remake of Hawaii 5-0. So, he gets to stay in Hawaii and we get more of his talent in a new show. I rarely watch remakes, but I will be giving this one a try.

Daniel Dae Kim Scores a Lead Role in Hawaii Five-O, Talks End of Lost - E! Online
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Happy Lost day!!!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3822838;
    Happy Lost day!!!
    yes, should be a holiday

anyways, i just caught the title of tonites eps "What Kate Does" oh boy...

i'm not that big a Kate fan, unless she's beating a dude up or involved in some gunplay

i guess i didn't think they would do the "centric" type episodes this season since we don't have that many before the show goes away

hopefully the focus is limited to 10 minutes or less of the show and they cover more Bob and Temple-ite storylines

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Yes...Happy Lost Day!

Its weird...I like ALL the characters! There isn't one I don't. I think thats what makes Lost so amazing for me. All the characters are interesting in their own way and something about each one of them grabs my attention. But I do agree....I hope the episode isn't only about Kate. But I really don't think it will be.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread