+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 84 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3819412;
    Normally I'd agree with you that culture could be different but season 5 finale we were shown Jin and Sun exchanging vows and rings.
    But maybe in the other reality they exchanged vows but no rings, since both are normal in Korea... Oy vey...

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3819414;
    But maybe in the other reality they exchanged vows but no rings, since both are normal in Korea... Oy vey...
    Maybe in the alternate universe, they're more traditional? My brain hurts!
    (Though, if it's any consolation, my Korean clients who watch Lost are just as confused as we Westerners are!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3819412;
    Normally I'd agree with you that culture could be different but season 5 finale we were shown Jin and Sun exchanging vows and rings.
    I would think that "the decision of Sun to actually leave Jin" in the "sideways" (the latest "in" phrase per Darlton interview mentioned above, for those who don't read spoilers), is most likely the way their lives would be changed, as a result of the bomb going off; not whether they did or did not get married in the first place..... so I agree with you.
    Jin's "job" (given to him by Sun's father because Jin married his daughter) was to deliver the watch to someone. Why would her father even let them travel together, if they weren't married? But, that's just my way of thinking.
    I remember the Jin that Sun first fell in love with, and the person he became from being her father's "muscle" for illegal dealings. It was just his offering Sun the flower at the airport, that made her hesitate running away and get on the plane in Australia instead . If his tough guy persona was reinforced on the flight, I can see how that would influence her choice in LA X. (Sideways)
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 02-05-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elk;3818919;
    I've been mulling over the premiere and here are some thoughts:
    • Some of the conversations between MiB and Jacob remind me of the story told about the two angles in Dogma. Does anyone know if that story is from the Bible or Kevin Smith's imagination? I'm not a Bible afficionado, but I believe Lucifer (Satan) was cast out of Heaven, just as Bartleby & Loki were in the movie.
    • On the plane, Arnst mentioned that Hurley was the chicken franchise guy; I'd assume from that the restaurant was never destroyed. So, maybe Hurley's luck is good. On the plane, Hurley mentioned how he had good luck. At first I thought he was being facetious but I guess he was telling the truth. (after hearing him in the taxi line on the phone.)
    • Someone mentioned they didn't see Desmond on the plane after he left Jack's seat and I concur. It seemed to me that he just disappeared; to what end, I don't know. Yeah, I mentioned that and think he must've jumped.

Only 1 episode into the season and I'm driving myself nuts trying to figure out what the various scenarios might be.

I do think there's some sort of fight going on between good and evil and mentioned the angels a couple of days ago but that doesn't really mesh with my theory that this last season with the sideways universes is meant to show us that fate (or the universe) always has a way of making things happen as they're supposed to.

But, the speech Unlocke gives to Ben about Locke at the end of his life, how he had been a pathetic and sad man when he landed on the island who came to realize that his life off the island was pitiful and who didn't want to leave -- the way he says it seems condescending, which brings me back to thinking that Unlocke and Jacob *are* some sort of higher beings. The fact that Unlocke wants to go home then brings me back to angels who were cast out of heaven... Ugh, I feel a headache coming on...

One last thing -- I wonder if Sun put the money in the suitcase for herself. The looks she gives Jin, while standing to the side and behind him, almost looks like "uh, oh - I got caught." IDK....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

hmm, starting to think maybe Jacob needs a vessel since he's *dead*

imagine that, even as a "higher being" you can be stabbed and die

Bob isn't *dead* so i guess he can just morph into whatever form he wants

anybody got any theories on what Bob is gonna do with Richard?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3819443;
    hmm, starting to think maybe Jacob needs a vessel since he's *dead*

imagine that, even as a "higher being" you can be stabbed and die

Bob isn't *dead* so i guess he can just morph into whatever form he wants

anybody got any theories on what Bob is gonna do with Richard?
    Smokey him.
    I think "Bob" will use his smoke monster asset to kill Richard; but hopefully, some asset of Jacob's will intervene, and prevent or delay "Bob".
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3819433;
    I would think that "the decision of Sun to actually leave Jin" in the "sideways" (the latest "in" phrase per Darlton interview mentioned above, for those who don't read spoilers), is most likely the way their lives would be changed, as a result of the bomb going off; not whether they did or did not get married in the first place..... so I agree with you.
    Jin's "job" (given to him by Sun's father because Jin married his daughter) was to deliver the watch to someone. Why would her father even let them travel together, if they weren't married? But, that's just my way of thinking.
    I remember the Jin that Sun first fell in love with, and the person he became from being her father's "muscle" for illegal dealings. It was just his offering Sun the flower at the airport, that made her hesitate running away and get on the plane in Australia instead . If his tough guy persona was reinforced on the flight, I can see how that would influence her choice in LA X. (Sideways)
    I honestly don't know what to think. I really don't think they're married and that something else led to Jin working for Sun's dad... Perhaps his dad wasn't a fisherman and instead was a friend of Sun's father and started working for him that way. With Hurley having good luck, Kate killing a plumber and not her stepfather, and Shannon being in a good relationship and not on the plane... I'm thinking anything is possible. I understand that Shannon was changed because of the actress not returning, but there are others such as Michael, Ecko, Libby, and Ana Lucia who were not shown on the flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3819537;
    Smokey him.
    I think "Bob" will use his smoke monster asset to kill Richard; but hopefully, some asset of Jacob's will intervene, and prevent or delay "Bob".
    I think he's gonna use him as a hostage... Since Jacob is dead is Richard next in command???

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3819537;
    Smokey him.
    LOL! I think Richard is "one of them" and Unlocke will be putting him back in chains somehow.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Of all the many, many details to get straight and remember, I'm hung up on one about Eko. Everyone keeps saying he wasn't on the plane, but by my memory he didn't arrive on the same flight as everyone else. I thought he came in a different plane later, searching for his brother. Am I mis-remembering things? Is there a site that has all the different strands of the story delineated? If so, could someone post it? As for Sun and Jin, I'll wait for them to tell us what happened. Maybe Walt wasn't needed if the island sank, so his mom never died (black hole in the plot, that one).
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread