+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

While some things have changed, others have not. I do believe Sun and Jin are married in the sideways timeline. I also believe we have been shown the good/evil dichotomy since the beginning, but I don't think it's only the Judeo/Christian version.

In every interview I've heard with them, Damon and Carlton have stated clearly that they were forced to rewrite the Boone and Shannon backstory because Maggie Grace was not available. I'm sure that is not the case for everyone we didn't see on the plane, but I am sure it's true about Shannon. They also said they hope she might be available at some point. They also stated that a lot of the focus this season will be on the consequences of trying to change things, which I guess is back to the free will versus fate idea.

I do agree that Richard's chains may not be physical chains; that's something I had not thought of.

In any case, I am happy to speculate and research, but to also leave the story telling to the storytellers. They haven't disappointed me yet.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Was Maggie Grace not available or not interested? I'm getting mixed messages here. If the latter I'd be really irritated with her being so ..what's the word... ungrateful to/careless of the feelings of the fans of her work. Does anyone know? I really liked the whole story involving her and her "brother" and I would have liked to have known how our storytellers would have resolved it if the plane didn't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3819319;
    Was Maggie Grace not available or not interested? I'm getting mixed messages here. If the latter I'd be really irritated with her being so ..what's the word... ungrateful to/careless of the feelings of the fans of her work. Does anyone know? I really liked the whole story involving her and her "brother" and I would have liked to have known how our storytellers would have resolved it if the plane didn't crash.
    I didn't care much for her story with Boone, but I would have been interested to see if she still got with Sayid in the alternate storyline.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Sounds to me like it was a little of both. I think she had just done a few movies or something and had another committment....but probably could've done it, but didn't try hard enough to make it work.

Yeah, I find it pretty ungrateful too.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3819032;
    Regarding the part in bold, I think you're right. If I'm not mistaken when he's in line waiting for a cab I believe we hear him talking to his accountant about how he wants to buy Outback or something like that. Would explain why he was in Australia without using the story of him going to find out about the numbers.

Another thing I noticed that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that while Jin and Sun aren't wearing a wedding ring, when we see Desmond on the plane, it appears that he IS wearing a wedding ring. So does that mean that he still ends up with Penny in timeline as well? I can't wait to see more of him. And I really hope we see more Desmond/Charlie as I loved the two of them together before.
    wow, that thing about Desmond

i will have to go back and watch

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3819337;
    wow, that thing about Desmond

i will have to go back and watch
    I have this theory about Desmond. We already know that he has time traveled but what if he can also travel across realities? So the Desmond we saw on the plane with Jack, is the same Desmond that left the island with the Oceanic 6???

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3818267;
    Miles' reaction caught me when I watched for a second time. I'm also thinking...Locke's image is being used, not his physical body. If that's the way it works, wouldn't Sayid's body still be dead....and Jacob using his image or appearance. Makes me think Sayid wasn't completely dead, though I do wonder what revived him...if the water does indeed hold healing powers.
    I completely respect everyone's speculation! I love when people think differently from me, because it makes me stretch my thinking! I think there is a lot of credibility to the possibility of Sayid not dying........ personally though, I think that he died. The water was bloody looking, something Asian master and Hippy guy seemed surprised by when they saw it. They mentioned they could not predict the results, because the healing waters looked different and I agree that Asian master cutting his hand seemed to show it still bleeding. I think "if" they wanted to to impress us with the healing power, we would have seen his hand heal.

Hurley was told by Jacob to take the case (at one point he said he "may" have peaked inside, after Asian master asked him whether he looked in it... I don't blame him, I would have looked too!)
    The master knew what to do with it, found the note, & took Sayid to the healing pool; but as soon as Hurley mentioned that Jacob had just died - they were stunned briefly, then the master shot off the fireworks.
    (I think the water was "bloody" looking, because Jacob had just died; perhaps his essence was in the healing pool?) Whether he is using Sayid's body or not, I personally think Sayid is as dead as Locke is. I think Juliet is also dead but, who knows if Sawyer will be alive in the end...... or any of them?

I do have a Juliet spoiler, from when she was on the Bonnie Hunt show a while back.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she had said that her character died, she had already filmed 2 episodes for season 6, and would be back sometime later on in the series, to film one last part. (She looked sheepish after mentioning that "last part", and I think she regretted it because she quickly added "maybe" when Bonnie reiterated it.)

Dogg I believe that "Esau" is the name given to "man in black" by the Lost fans, because it is the name of Biblical Jacob's brother (he was the eldest son of Isaac and Rebecca, the twin-brother of Jacob, and is seen as a demonic character).
    But, I know that you are referring to man in black when you say "Bob", and fake Locke works for me as well.

Desmond still time traveling theory, love it!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Should have read that article before posting!
    Many Thanks to cantstopwatchin!!!!!!

Here are some highlights from the interview Damon and Carlton did:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And we don’t use the phrase “alternate reality,” because to call one of them an “alternate reality” is to infer that one of them isn’t real, or one of them is real and the other is the alternate to being real.

Cuse: "But the questions you’re asking are exactly the right questions. What are we to make of the fact that they’re showing us two different timelines? Are they going to resolve? Are they going to connect? Are they going to co-exist in parallel fashion? Are they going to cross? Do they intersect? Does one prove to be viable and the other one not? I think those are all the kind of speculations that are the right speculations to be having at this point in the season."
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Lindelof: But it is going to require patience. We’ve taught the audience how to be patient thus far, so while they’re getting a lot of mythological answers on the island early in the season, this idea of what is the relationship between the two [worlds] is a little bit more of a slow burn."

....We will say this: season 6 is not about time travel. It’s about the implications, the aftermath, and the causality of trying to change the past. But the idea of continuing to do paradoxical storytelling is not what we’re interested in this year.

Link previously given by cantstopwatchin in which Damon and Carlton clarify for fans........
    ‘Lost’ producers explain confusing premiere- msnbc.com
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Regarding Jin & Sun:
    In having Sun addressed by her original surname, perhaps the writers are correcting their earlier error in having given her Jin's surname:
    Korean Wedding Traditions - WeddingDetails.com
    A note about surnames: Family names are limited in Korea and respect for lineage is powerful. There are only about 300 surnames. Families maintain careful records of their ancestry which are important in marriage, school entrance and job applications. Women do not change their surnames after marriage.
    As regards wedding rings, some Koreans use them (though it's more of an adopted western tradition); some don't.
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-05-2010 at 05:52 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3819402;
    Regarding Jin/Sun wedding rings: just as women taking the husband's family name isn't a necessary part of South Korean tradition (at least currently), neither are wedding rings. So they may or may not be married -- time will tell as to how the writers are playing this, and for what reason (if any).
    Normally I'd agree with you that culture could be different but season 5 finale we were shown Jin and Sun exchanging vows and rings.

+ Reply to Thread