+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 840

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

  1. #111
    FORT Fan brklyn825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Okay I rewatched the episode and took notes this time so I wouldn't forget anything hehe

    So in the "previously on lost" Jacob says "it only ends once, anything before that is progress". Does that mean all these alternate realities are all working towards one ultimate ending? Also, Jacob tells Not-Locke "they're coming"... Is he talking about the people in 1977 or Ilana and her team with Locke's body to expose who Not-Locke really is???

    Anyone find it ironic that Rose is reading Weekly Woodsman on the plane???

    In the underwater sequence, the Others village along with the sonar pylons or whatever they were that kept away Smokey are visible so it is safe to assume that Darma DID come to the island but this is the timeline where the nuke went off and the Swan station was never built therefore Desmond never caused 815 to crash. This makes me wonder... When Ben turned the wheel he set the island off on a journey through time. But what if when Locke turned it the second time, he sent it to 1977 in an alternate reality... The reality that we are now being shown where no swan = no crash and the plane lands safely? And when the nuke went off, it blasted Jack and company back to the reality they belonged in.

    Hurley says he's lucky... Is this because he won lotto without the numbers that were being broadcast from the island? Also, I'm thinking that since events prior to the flight are different, maybe Locke DID go on the walkabout and he's not lying to Boone about all that. And maybe it's just me but the walkabout John described sounded A LOT like life on the island.

    Something I noticed was that when Not-Locke ripped off a piece of that fabric, he wiped the knife with it and then put it into his pocket... Maybe he needs Jacob's blood to gain access to the temple? And then when Jacob talked to Hurley, how does Jacob know about Jin and the French at the temple?

    Something ironic - Charlie drowned on the island, basically lack of oxygen, and that's exactly how we find him on the plane in the alternate reality... Practically dead from lack of oxygen.

    I find it odd that when Sawyer first found Juliet she said the bomb DIDN'T work but then Miles tells Sawyer that when Juliet wanted to tell him was that it DID work and she apparently wanted to tell him this just before dying - what let her know it actually worked?

    At the end of this episode you can clearly see Jin does NOT have a wedding ring on and in the next episode you can see that Sun doesn't have one on either.

    For the second episode I didn't really notice too much but instead noticed stuff that raised some questions. Like the one armed French guy... Jin says he had his arm ripped off by the smoke monster. I thought the smoke monster's home was the temple so either that's wrong, or the underground tunnels where the French guy was isn't considered part of the temple. Also, it's not like the coffin just disappeared off the plane or disappeared as it was being unloaded. The coffin was never loaded in the first place - coincidence??? I also want to know why Sayid is so important and can't die. Is it because the people on the piece of paper that was in Hurley's case are special and picked by Jacob? Are they going to prove to be important in the fight against Not-Locke?

    In the end I think they were trying to get Jack to talk privately about Christian. I think Jack is going to find out that Christian is one of the people of the temple and all other types of things.

    That's it for now Please let me know if you disagree as I love to hear other theories and have anything I might have missed or forgotten pointed out to me

  2. #112
    elk
    elk is offline
    Autism Mom elk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    294

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    I've been mulling over the premiere and here are some thoughts:
    • In addition to Shannon and a number of the 'tailies' (Ana Lucia, etc), we did not see Michael and Walt on the plane (I do understand the actor that played Walt has grown, but they could've gotten around it by shooting a younger, different actor from the back)
    • Some of the conversations between MiB and Jacob remind me of the story told about the two angles in Dogma. Does anyone know if that story is from the Bible or Kevin Smith's imagination?
    • Hurley did mention that he had looked inside the guitar case; one of the temple guys asked him if he had.
    • On the plane, Arnst mentioned that Hurley was the chicken franchise guy; I'd assume from that the restaurant was never destroyed. So, maybe Hurley's luck is good.
    • Someone mentioned they didn't see Desmond on the plane after he left Jack's seat and I concur. It seemed to me that he just disappeared; to what end, I don't know.

    I may think of more items when I watch it a second time this weekend. All in all, I am happy they took this season in an unexpected direction and am enjoying it immensely!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,158

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Something ironic - Charlie drowned on the island, basically lack of oxygen, and that's exactly how we find him on the plane in the alternate reality... Practically dead from lack of oxygen.
    Ooh -- good catch! Creepy (but in a good, "Lost" sort of way)!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  4. #114
    FORT Fan brklyn825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Quote Originally Posted by elk;3818919;
    I've been mulling over the premiere and here are some thoughts:
    • In addition to Shannon and a number of the 'tailies' (Ana Lucia, etc), we did not see Michael and Walt on the plane (I do understand the actor that played Walt has grown, but they could've gotten around it by shooting a younger, different actor from the back)
    • Some of the conversations between MiB and Jacob remind me of the story told about the two angles in Dogma. Does anyone know if that story is from the Bible or Kevin Smith's imagination?
    • Hurley did mention that he had looked inside the guitar case; one of the temple guys asked him if he had.
    • On the plane, Arnst mentioned that Hurley was the chicken franchise guy; I'd assume from that the restaurant was never destroyed. So, maybe Hurley's luck is good.
    • Someone mentioned they didn't see Desmond on the plane after he left Jack's seat and I concur. It seemed to me that he just disappeared; to what end, I don't know.

    I may think of more items when I watch it a second time this weekend. All in all, I am happy they took this season in an unexpected direction and am enjoying it immensely!
    Regarding the part in bold, I think you're right. If I'm not mistaken when he's in line waiting for a cab I believe we hear him talking to his accountant about how he wants to buy Outback or something like that. Would explain why he was in Australia without using the story of him going to find out about the numbers.

    Another thing I noticed that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that while Jin and Sun aren't wearing a wedding ring, when we see Desmond on the plane, it appears that he IS wearing a wedding ring. So does that mean that he still ends up with Penny in timeline as well? I can't wait to see more of him. And I really hope we see more Desmond/Charlie as I loved the two of them together before.

  5. #115
    Red Sox Nation Brooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,256

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    On the issue of Sun/Jin - Jin was very domineering on the plane. He sees her enjoying watching Rose/Bernard and tells her to button up her sweater (which is already almost buttoned up to her neck).

    I think she could speak English but recognizes that a major life change may have just happened, a chance to escape from Jin, and doesn't want to play all of her cards just yet.

  6. #116
    FORT Fan brklyn825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;3819042;
    On the issue of Sun/Jin - Jin was very domineering on the plane. He sees her enjoying watching Rose/Bernard and tells her to button up her sweater (which is already almost buttoned up to her neck).

    I think she could speak English but recognizes that a major life change may have just happened, a chance to escape from Jin, and doesn't want to play all of her cards just yet.
    Possibly. But if she knows English, she learned it for a different reason because if they are not wearing rings they're definitely not married. Things weren't good between them when we first saw them and they still had wedding rings on.

  7. #117
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,293

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    When the customs person asked her if she understood English she answered, "No... no English" and in the beat between the two parts of her answer, you can see her covering her tracks. She understands just fine. Whether it's for the same reason as before, I don't know (planning to leave him). Someone remind me - is he working for the father because he married her, or did she meet him because he was working for her father?
    Count your blessings!

  8. #118
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,631

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3819099;
    When the customs person asked her if she understood English she answered, "No... no English" and in the beat between the two parts of her answer, you can see her covering her tracks. She understands just fine. Whether it's for the same reason as before, I don't know (planning to leave him). Someone remind me - is he working for the father because he married her, or did she meet him because he was working for her father?
    He's working for her father because he married her.
    Jin was very domineering towards Sun at first on the island as well, including comments on her outfits. So that hadn't changed apparently.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  9. #119
    FORT Fan brklyn825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3819099;
    When the customs person asked her if she understood English she answered, "No... no English" and in the beat between the two parts of her answer, you can see her covering her tracks. She understands just fine. Whether it's for the same reason as before, I don't know (planning to leave him). Someone remind me - is he working for the father because he married her, or did she meet him because he was working for her father?
    In the main timeline, he was originally a door man I believe and he started working for her father because of Sun... But in this alternate timeline, who knows! I think at this point, D+C want us to pretty much questions EVERYTHING in this alternate timeline. So even if in our main timeline Sun was the reason for Jin working for her father, I'm not so sure that's the case in the alternate timeline.

  10. #120
    FORT Fan brklyn825's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    353

    Re: Lost - season six (final)

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3819100;
    He's working for her father because he married her.
    Jin was very domineering towards Sun at first on the island as well, including comments on her outfits. So that hadn't changed apparently.
    I think that has more to do with the belief of male is superior to female. I'm curious to see how the situation with these two have changed due to the bomb.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.