+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Lost - season six (final)

Always room for another LOST fan, brklyn825!

I like your God/devil idea. I taped the show and haven't been able to watch it yet--very tantalizing reading this stuff, and it's certainly given me stuff to watch out for!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Welcome brklyn825! I love all your thoughts and theories. Especially the God and Devil theory. Makes a lot of sense as I'm watching it right now for the seond time.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

With Not-Locke's group heading for the temple where Jin is... are Jin and Sun finally going to be reunited?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3818457;
    Always room for another LOST fan, brklyn825!

I like your God/devil idea. I taped the show and haven't been able to watch it yet--very tantalizing reading this stuff, and it's certainly given me stuff to watch out for!
    Thanks for the welcome I belong to a group on myspace and they're constantly talking about stuff from Comicon and whatnot. I don't know if any of you are familiar with what was divulged there this season, but supposedly it was disclosed that in the alternate timeline Kate is in custody for the murder of an apprentice plumber, not her stepfather... I think we're basically gonna end up seeing that flight 815 was better off crashing on the island.

Oh another thing I got from my myspace group. Did anyone pick up on the fact that Sun was called by her maiden name in the airport? This makes me wonder if her and Jin are even married. If not, then she was never planning an escape to America so she wouldn't have learned English - so she wasn't lying when she said she didn't speak English.

I'm not sure I believe the whole Sayid = Jacob thing now, but I do think that if that WAS Jacob's blood that dirtied the water, the temple people didn't realize it before because they didn't realize Jacob was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3818497;
    With Not-Locke's group heading for the temple where Jin is... are Jin and Sun finally going to be reunited?
    OOOOOOOOOOOH I just realized this when you said it. From the looks of it, Sawyer decides to head out on his own and maybe Jin goes with him. If he doesn't he's gonna still be barricaded in the temple so the reunion with sun will be delayed.

Oh another thing! If the island was destroyed, what the heck did Hurley win the lotto with? Perhaps he didn't use the numbers which is why he has GOOD luck instead of what we know him to have had before.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3818501;
    ... I think we're basically gonna end up seeing that flight 815 was better off crashing on the island.

Oh another thing I got from my myspace group. Did anyone pick up on the fact that Sun was called by her maiden name in the airport? This makes me wonder if her and Jin are even married. If not, then she was never planning an escape to America so she wouldn't have learned English - so she wasn't lying when she said she didn't speak English.

I'm not sure I believe the whole Sayid = Jacob thing now, but I do think that if that WAS Jacob's blood that dirtied the water, the temple people didn't realize it before because they didn't realize Jacob was dead.
    yeah, most there lives suck by not crashing

rose 'll die from cancer pretty soon. locke is in the wheelchair, jack is the same angry man he's always been, kate still running, etc

i don't know if hurley was exempt

claire should have not even made an appearance in that cab... her trip to Los Angeles was fake, based on that psychic seeing her crashing on the island

son was faking the same way... she already had learned english from that bald guy that jin beat up... remember she was faking for the longest on the island until she had to speak up

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3818561;
    yeah, most there lives suck by not crashing

rose 'll die from cancer pretty soon. locke is in the wheelchair, jack is the same angry man he's always been, kate still running, etc

i don't know if hurley was exempt

claire should have not even made an appearance in that cab... her trip to Los Angeles was fake, based on that psychic seeing her crashing on the island

son was faking the same way... she already had learned english from that bald guy that jin beat up... remember she was faking for the longest on the island until she had to speak up
    You're forgetting things are different now because of the island not existing. Claire might be in LA for a reason other than giving up a baby for adoption, Sun might not have been faking because she may not even be married to Jin so he might not have ever beat up any guy, and Rose might not have cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3818501;
    . . .Did anyone pick up on the fact that Sun was called by her maiden name in the airport? This makes me wonder if her and Jin are even married. . .
    They most likely are married. Most South Korean women do not take their husbands' names when they get married. (How do I know this? Half of my clientele are South Korean. Only one of the women took her husband's name when she married him, and that's mainly because he's American and she went along with our tradition.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3818635;
    They most likely are married. Most South Korean women do not take their husbands' names when they get married. (How do I know this? Half of my clientele are South Korean. Only one of the women took her husband's name when she married him, and that's mainly because he's American and she went along with our tradition.)
    Normally I would agree with you... But in the past on the show she's been identified with Jin's last name. Even on wikipedia she is identified with Jin's last name Sun-Hwa Kwon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting. The given name "Sun Hwa" shouldn't be hyphenated. Though I've found that Wikipedia isn't too fussy with regard to punctuation errors.

And IMDb lists "Sun Paik-Kwon" as an alternative name, a relatively recent trend, at least here, in the community (one of my clients has recently tacked her husband's family name onto hers with a hyphen). Another alternative name in the IMDb listing is "Young Sun Paik"(which I imagine refers to the flashbacks of her as a kid, and not the Korean given name "Young Sun").
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-05-2010 at 01:44 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread