+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - season six (final)

Re: Lost - season six (final)

have we determined that Bob's name is Esau?

and yes they are all in the same 2007 time period.. we seen the post-desmond exploded hatch and weseen that Richard & co. seen those fireworks that those crazy temple-ites shot in the air

the "chain" ref just made me think slave-black-rock, but i still don't know why richard automatically knew who Bob was, maybe he encountered both when he arrived and Jacob "saved" him from Bob and gave him the vampire aging

i thought it was interesting how they are showing both versions of what happens vs flash backs/forwards...i wouldn't have thought of doing that... the sunken island is what intrigued me

it does seem that they were better off on the island... life is sucking pretty bad for them right about now

Hurley still managed to make me laugh

Where is "home" for Bob?

where is Bob taking Richards body?

i don't think Sayid's body has been taking over, isn't that water supposed to heal people...???

where is Christian? and if you believe that the Christian appearances were Bob, then there is a continuity problem because if you look at all the Christian appearances even down to Michael blowing up the freighter it doesn't tie in

maan i need to watch that again

thought it was good.. just thought some of the visuals at the beginning and the crazy temple dudes was not vintage LOST

CCL

I'm ambivalent about the premiere. I didn't really like the temple scenes.
    Interestingly enough, they had the same symbol in CSI NY as the statue that Hurley was carrying. I can't remember all that was said about it but they said it was an ankh, an ancient Egyptian symbol symbolizing the balance between life and death. I think they might have also said it was a harbinger of death. Seeing as how Richard looks like he could be Egyptian, maybe he is connected to it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3817770;
    i don't think Sayid's body has been taking over, isn't that water supposed to heal people...???
    Yes, but...

An early scene of the water was Temple Guy slashing his hand, dunking it in the water, and then looking at it. It didn't appear to me that he had healed any. Maybe the bleeding had stopped? He didn't hold it down for the time the hour glass would have taken. Also, they had commented that the water had never looked that way so I thought he slashed his hand to make sure the water still did what it was supposed to. Altogether too confusing.

I was confused by that, too. If it didn't heal his hand, why did they go ahead and put Sayid in? Maybe they figured they didn't have anything to lose.
    Count your blessings!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I thought maybe the water required his blood in order to do the healing.....I have no idea
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I really don't think Sayid was dead. Miles acted really funny when Hurley was talking about Sayid, almost like if he's dead why can't I hear him. Maybe that's how the magic water works, kind of a delayed action.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3818227;
    Maybe that's how the magic water works, kind of a delayed action.
    I wondered that too, but if so wouldn't the temple folks know that? They pronounced him dead pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3818227;
    I really don't think Sayid was dead. Miles acted really funny when Hurley was talking about Sayid, almost like if he's dead why can't I hear him. Maybe that's how the magic water works, kind of a delayed action.
    Miles' reaction caught me when I watched for a second time. I'm also thinking...Locke's image is being used, not his physical body. If that's the way it works, wouldn't Sayid's body still be dead....and Jacob using his image or appearance. Makes me think Sayid wasn't completely dead, though I do wonder what revived him...if the water does indeed hold healing powers.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3818267;
    Miles' reaction caught me when I watched for a second time. I'm also thinking...Locke's image is being used, not his physical body. If that's the way it works, wouldn't Sayid's body still be dead....and Jacob using his image or appearance. Makes me think Sayid wasn't completely dead, though I do wonder what revived him...if the water does indeed hold healing powers.
    I immediately thought the same thing....but when Locke said to Jack "they didn't loose your father, they just lost his body." ....or something like that. I thought that exchange between Locke & Jack was key. Also with Jack telling Locke that nothing is irreversible.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Hi all! I'm new here but hopefully you guys will welcome me with open arms

First off, as has been pointed out in an msnbc article, the people missing on the plane were NOT done because the actor/actress could not come back. The simple fact there (according to D+C) is that the action Jack and company took when they blew up that bomb changed things in this alternate timeline. Also, the name being used is "flash sideways" which kind of bothers me because you're not flashing sideways otherwise they'd be showing you 2007 in the alternate timeline... It's still a flashback.

Next, with the alternate timeline, the hatch was never built because the island was destroyed, therefore Desmond never had to push the button which is why 815 never crashes.

Something I wonder about is, why when the plane was going to crash, does Christian's body make it onto the plane, but when the plane is going to land safely in LA, does it get "lost" along with Locke's knives? Also, I believe the "dirty" water in the temple contains Jacob's blood who just died so of course the water wouldn't have been messed up before.

Another thing is Locke. In the season 5 finale we were shown how Jacob came into the survivors lives, essentially marking them as special with his touch. In Locke's case, he was essentially dead until Jacob brought him back and left him paralyzed. Since the plane was not going to crash can we assume Jacob had no reason to enter the survivors lives? If that's the case, then why is Locke alive and paralyzed if Jacob wasn't there to revive him following his fall from his father? This makes me believe that the confrontation with his father never happened and something else caused Locke's paralysis.

Finally, the whole Jacob/Smokey thing reminds me very much of the story of God and the devil. God (Jacob) had his favored angel (Smokey) who essentially tried to take over Heaven (the temple) and was kicked out to hell yet the devil (Smokey) is continuously trying to find his way "home". Also similar to Jacob and Smokey, God and the devil cannot directly attack each other, but instead use humans (Ben) to do their bidding against the other. So my assumptions are that when Not-Locke said he wants to go home, he meant the temple, which is why the people at the temple are practically bracing themselves for world war 3. I think the chains Not-Locke spoke about was figurative. I think that Richard was essentially Jacob's servant but now that Jacob is "dead" Richard is free now and no longer bound by chains.

+ Reply to Thread