+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Food Network Thanksgiving Shows

Food Network Thanksgiving Shows

There are lots of Thanksgiving themed shows, so I thought I'd start a catch-all thread.

I was watching the Dear Food Network top 10 questions answered show. Some of those recipes are so crazy/fattening. Fried stuffing balls or buttered cornflake topped casseroles, yuck. Tyler did manage to intrigue me with his pumpkin pie. At first I thought banana, yuck, and what a time waster to roast your own pumpkin, but then he roasted the bananas, too, and it just looked interesting - even though we generally hate meringue. The difference between crazy-good and crazy-bad!

Some of those people I don't even know, and they aren't even listed as having shows on the network (Aaron Sanchez? Was he on The Next Food Network Chef?? He didn't win, though, did he, so what is he doing on this show as if he is a Food Network "star"??)

I do like Ted Allen. And I like the chefs' talking about their likes and dislikes, and candid opinions, like when that blond woman said "If someone doesn't know what brine is, I would suggest - Google it!" Lol.

Re: Food Network Thanksgiving Shows

Watching Giada doing a show call Giada's thanksgiving family therapy. (insert eye roll here) I always figured it was a trick of lighting or something that made her head seem to get larger...but now I'm sure it's actively growing. It's almost as wide as her shoulders.

She is starting out with a pesto...made with peas. (insert another eye roll)..ok enough Giada for this year.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Yes, I am starting to watch the Giada-hosted installment of Deart Food Network. I have already seen the ricotta chocolate pie recipe (with her ball-busting Aunt Raffi) and the stuffing recipe (just today on the episode I watched because I wanted to see the butternut squash lasagna with basil bechamel recipe.) I wish they wouldn't throw these specials together with recycled bits of other shows!

I still think that Claire person who is completely unknown as a FN "star" to me is very annoying, so I don't look forward to her "potatoes 3 ways" segment. I'm actually considering making Giada's cheesy potato recipe from the other Dear Food Network show! We always thought Giada's head was about as wide as her shoulders, I agree with you, but she still does not irritate me as much as some of the other FN hosts, and I like some of her recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3752108;
    There are lots of Thanksgiving themed shows, so I thought I'd start a catch-all thread.

I was watching the Dear Food Network top 10 questions answered show. Some of those recipes are so crazy/fattening. Fried stuffing balls or buttered cornflake topped casseroles, yuck. Tyler did manage to intrigue me with his pumpkin pie. At first I thought banana, yuck, and what a time waster to roast your own pumpkin, but then he roasted the bananas, too, and it just looked interesting - even though we generally hate meringue. The difference between crazy-good and crazy-bad!

Some of those people I don't even know, and they aren't even listed as having shows on the network (Aaron Sanchez? Was he on The Next Food Network Chef?? He didn't win, though, did he, so what is he doing on this show as if he is a Food Network "star"??)

I do like Ted Allen. And I like the chefs' talking about their likes and dislikes, and candid opinions, like when that blond woman said "If someone doesn't know what brine is, I would suggest - Google it!" Lol.
    I haven't watched this, but I know Aaron Sanchez is one of the Chopped judges and he's on the show Chefs vs City. I believe he was also a contestant on the first season of Next Iron Chef.

+ Reply to Thread