+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Prisoner

The Prisoner

I don't think I've seen this on this board before.

For those who remember the cult tv series from the 60's, The Prisoner, that starred Patrick McGoohan, AMC is airing a modern "reinterpretation" miniseries of it which will debut November 15, 16, and 17. It stars Jim Caviezel as Six and Ian McKellen as Two.

I loved the original series and I plan to be watching this one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: The Prisoner

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3745183;
    I don't think I've seen this on this board before.

For those who remember the cult tv series from the 60's, The Prisoner, that starred Patrick McGoohan, AMC is airing a modern "reinterpretation" miniseries of it which will debut November 15, 16, and 17. It stars Jim Caviezel as Six and Ian McKellen as Two.

I loved the original series and I plan to be watching this one.
    Me too!!!! Loved the original and am curious to see where they go with it now!
    Last edited by Jazzie1953; 11-07-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: left off something
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

I didn't see the original, but watched the first two episodes of the new mini-series today.
    Interesting and different, I'm going to keep watching.
    AMC is running it over and over.......If you missed last nights two shows. Two more new ones coming tonight.

I like it. While updating quite a bit (cell phones, et al.) they are sticking very nicely to the general premise as I recall it.

I did hear that they will explain it all at the end of this miniseries. In the original series, they left it up to the viewer to interpret a lot of the mystery its meaning. It was quite open-ended, which I normally don't love, but which I thought was appropriate for this show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread