+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

"V" on ABC

Series premiere Tuesday November 3rd 8/7c

ABC's remake of the sci-fi classic "V" will first premiere with four episodes in November. If you don't remember the vintage '80s miniseries and subsequent series, "V" focuses on humanity's reaction to an extended alien visitation, which becomes complicated when they discover that the extra-terrestrial visitors have ulterior motives.
    The remake's ensemble cast includes: Scott Wolf, Elizabeth Mitchell, Joel Gretsch, Morris Chestnut, Morena Baccarin and Lourdes Benedicto.

I'm excited, anyone else?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Re: "V" on ABC

I'm excited! I think it looks awesome. Like a proper update on the concept instead of a half-baked copycat.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

So it will be up against NCIS? Poop.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

If that's the case then thank goodness I have a duel DVR tuner. LOL

I'm so looking forward to this show and as it premiers on my Birthday - what a wonderful present!

The miniseries was great, unfortunately the regular TV series sucked. So I have high hopes for first 10 or so episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3725195;
    The miniseries was great, unfortunately the regular TV series sucked. So I have high hopes for first 10 or so episodes.
    Yes, this seems to be the general census, the previous TV series was a disaster.
    This remake is executive produced by "The 4400" creator Scott Peters, Jace Hall, Steve Pearlman and Jeffrey Bell (.....a series which I really enjoyed). However, ABC recently decided to only air the first 4 episodes of V in November, and then put the show on hiatus until March of 2010. Which makes me wonder, why?

Lost will return in January of 2010..... for it's final season, was ABC giving some thought to rearranging it's program lineup, or did the exec's only like the first 4 episodes, and asked for a "do-over" on the rest? I don't know, but I enjoyed the miniseries as well, and hope this comes up to par.

Arielflies - thank goodness for those dual hard-drive DVR's!

ETA: E! Online rated the pilot episode "on a scale of 1 to 10, we give it an 11. V is the best pilot we've seen in, well, forever."
    USA Today's Robert Bianco named V on his list of the top ten new shows, stating that the remake is well-made and "quickly establishes its own identity."
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

ABC recently decided to only air the first 4 episodes of V in November, and then put the show on hiatus until March of 2010
    Gah!! I HATE it when networks do that!! And then they wonder "why didn't this show do well???" I hope this decision isn't the kiss of death for V

/*side note/confession - Anyone have the V books? I still have the whole collection in my library
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3725462;
    Gah!! I HATE it when networks do that!! And then they wonder "why didn't this show do well???" I hope this decision isn't the kiss of death for V

/*side note/confession - Anyone have the V books? I still have the whole collection in my library
    I hate it, too. They tried it with Lost for a couple of seasons and viewers complained loud and long.

I do not have the books, but I did watch the miniseries. Later I watched the regular series, which I did not think was dreadful, but did not keep my interest as I would have liked. This version has a really good cast, so I'm hoping for the best.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Define Network Scheduling: a deep dark morass of confusion and chaos where logic and common sense and viewer happiness does not exist.

Just a thought, ScyFy is coming out with Caprica on January 22 do you think the network execs want to schedule V against it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast