+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw;3748876;
    If it drops next week it is in serious trouble--can't be dropping watchers THEN go on hiatus until March!
    I agree and consider this process a slow death. Too bad, another show that I enjoy and will watch until it gradually goes out......
    When they did this to Defying Gravity (takes place in future 2025, when astronauts are traveling to Venus and Mars) they never brought it back after hiatus, but I continued watching the season thanks to Canada refusing to put the show on hiatus.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

sorry i have to be the lone sourpuss but i'm really not enjoying the show, very boring to watch

i will finish watching it out, but not holding my breath that it will get better

I enjoyed the first episode more then the last one, and wonder if the rumors are true........that ABC "big whigs" weren't happy with the episodes and requested a do-over for most of what had already filmed??????
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3749478;
    sorry i have to be the lone sourpuss but i'm really not enjoying the show, very boring to watch

i will finish watching it out, but not holding my breath that it will get better
    Has anyone ever seen Earth Final Conflict? The first season that is, because that had far more depth and subtlety than this version of V could ever hope to have.

That's my problem with the new V.

bigger budget
    better technology
    more experience
    an excellent environment to make it in

and what did they give us? A tepid, shallow action sci-fi show about obliviously obvious evil aliens attempting to take over the world and subjugating humanity, with unlikeable characters who are stuck in some sort of passive aggresive state of mind where they just sit and watch and feel sorry for the situation the world is in.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3749504;
    bigger budget
    better technology
    more experience
    That's the case for almost every series that gets attention and more budget...

FORT Fogey

I can take it or leave it so far. The thing that I find most ridiculous is that right away when the immense ships are hovering over the cities and a giant face appears and starts talking to people, little to no panic ensues! Can you imagine what would really happen? I know they probably didn't want to waste time showing pandemonium and the end of civilization as we know it, but a little injection of the real reaction of people and governments to aliens landing on Earth supposedly because they need water (c'mon, are people really that stupid?) would have made some sense to me. The passive acceptance except for the small resistance group just sets a bizarre tone to the whole thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3749582;
    I can take it or leave it so far. The thing that I find most ridiculous is that right away when the immense ships are hovering over the cities and a giant face appears and starts talking to people, little to no panic ensues! Can you imagine what would really happen? I know they probably didn't want to waste time showing pandemonium and the end of civilization as we know it, but a little injection of the real reaction of people and governments to aliens landing on Earth supposedly because they need water (c'mon, are people really that stupid?) would have made some sense to me. The passive acceptance except for the small resistance group just sets a bizarre tone to the whole thing for me.
    I can't help but think, "if" by any chance there really are aliens out there - It would be such an easy take over with all the pandemonium, that there would be no reason to fake nice.

Also, if there is such a thing as good aliens; intelligent, kind beings interested in helping humankind - with shows like this would anyone believe or trust them?
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3749504;
    Has anyone ever seen Earth Final Conflict? The first season that is, because that had far more depth and subtlety than this version of V could ever hope to have.

That's my problem with the new V.

bigger budget
    better technology
    more experience

and what did they give us? A tepid, shallow action sci-fi show about obliviously obvious evil aliens attempting to take over the world and subjugating humanity, with unlikeable characters who are stuck in some sort of passive aggresive state of mind where they just sit and watch and feel sorry for the situation the world is in.

YES! Season One of Earth the Final Conflict was excellent, one of the best done in that time, and should have done a better job of living up to its potential. I'm not finding myself inclined to watch or tape V, which is a surprise. But, then again, I'm a pretty dedicated NCIS fan!!!!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3749582;

Yep....if I think about it....the contrast in the "apathetic" reaction with the whole spectrum of reactions shown in the original miniseries (even to the marching band playing the music from Star Wars...one of my personal fun moments!) well....as I was nattering, this new really does seem to be weaker. Plus, I can't seem to get into this version, which is a surprise because I was looking forward to it, and even set my NCIS episode to be taped so the husband, teen, and I could watch V together. Ended up falling asleep and catching the last 20 minutes of the first episode, and letting the hubby and teen watch the second episode while I napped! What I saw of the initial reaction to the mother ships left me puzzled....now I know it was the apathetic response, not something I slept through that caused my puzzlement!!
    Considering what a sci-fi person I am (going back to at least 1965!) that's sad, just plain sad!!!
    Last edited by Jazzie1953; 11-13-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: grammar (sort of :lol)
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

When are they going to post this week's episode online? I'm getting super frustrated!

+ Reply to Thread