+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3743350;
    I saw that and agree completely. He was hysterically funny. His characters do die a lot. I did not see Wash's demise coming at all, and from what I've seen, nobody did.
    I loved that scene from Death at a Funeral, I didn't realize that it was him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3743295;
    Just read it will ONLY run for 4 epi's in November....then on hiatus until March after the Winter Olympics is over................
    Yes, the articles I've read mentioned that abc has scheduling conflicts and decided they would rather hold off, then to move shows around.

Reviews have been favorable, so I think they know they have a hit; maybe we will get to see it sooner
    I've been out of town and am about to watch it now.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I got around to watching it tonight. Sunday I caught a bit of the original miniseries. While the original was painfully slow, this first episode seemed in hyper-drive. Maybe it was just to set things up and pull in the audience, but if they keep going so fast, they aren't going to be able to justify going beyond the 10 episode order they have now. And, despite what ABC says, I'm not scared of sci-fi. I hope they get more into that aspect and less of the heavy-handed political & religious stuff. Despite how good the writers may be, no one is going to top BSG on that, so they shouldn't even try.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I loved Alan Tudyk and Morena Baccarin in Firefly, nice to see them together again here. I missed the show this week.. but plan on catching it where i can. I loved the first V as cheesy as it was.. its up there with Krull for me on must watch lists.

I did see some previews for the show, and I must say i dont recall Morena Baccarin being SO painfully thin in Firefly. She is still a beauty however.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I watched the old series but barely remember anything other than basic plat. Vaguely, I recall a scene with the birth of a V baby from a human mother...or am I thinking of another show? Anyway, I did love the first show! Great effects!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3744025;
    I watched the old series but barely remember anything other than basic plat. Vaguely, I recall a scene with the birth of a V baby from a human mother...or am I thinking of another show? Anyway, I did love the first show! Great effects!
    You're right, it was V. I just watched that episode over the weekend & it was so disturbing 20+ years ago that I remembered vividly what was coming.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

LOVED the pilot and cannot wait for the next episode!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;3743704;
    I got around to watching it tonight. Sunday I caught a bit of the original miniseries. While the original was painfully slow, this first episode seemed in hyper-drive.
    They really took a risk with the pacing. For someone like me, who watched enough of the original to know all the revelations - which took a while for them to reveal last time, even the fact that they wanted water - it was good to get that out of the way so it was more of a recap than a replaying of the original. I was also relating all the characters to the original ones, so I think I didn't feel the lack of character development as much.

It would have been fun to see more of how Earth reacts to their coming instead of THREE WEEKS LATER etc. but the original really was way too slow. Also, having just seen some of the episodes on the SyFy marathon last weekend, I was so happy to see fight scenes that weren't that ridiculous thing where every alien is a horrible shot and the good guys escape by hiding behind a trash can.

Where is the character that was like Kevin Englund's character, I want to say "Willy"? The one who couldn't speak English because he was supposed to go to Saudi Arabia?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3744462;

Where is the character that was like Kevin Englund's character, I want to say "Willy"? The one who couldn't speak English because he was supposed to go to Saudi Arabia?
    I think the new parallel is with the black guy who is engaged. He came earlier to earth and is now connected with an Earth based resistance force of aliens. This is unlike the series where all the resistance fighters arrived with the ships. So far, no comedic relief.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3744675;
    I think the new parallel is with the black guy who is engaged. He came earlier to earth and is now connected with an Earth based resistance force of aliens. This is unlike the series where all the resistance fighters arrived with the ships. So far, no comedic relief.
    Right, I think he is going to be the Visitor who sides with the earthlings.

+ Reply to Thread