+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "V" on ABC

Re: "V" on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3743190;
    Loved it! Am really sad to see the end of Alan Tudyk, though, as I just don't see enough of him in general.
    Is he the FBI agent?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Next weeks previews show him turning up...alive....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3743225;
    Is he the FBI agent?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Next weeks previews show him turning up...alive....
    He is, and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    yay!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I liked it also, so far a KEEPER for me as well.

After having watched the miniseries this weekend I was thrilled with last nights show. They told a story in one hour that took ten for the miniseries. And I love the changes they made. Rather than just arriving, there have been cells on earth doing reconnaissance for a long time. I'm sure they will uncover moles in high places all over the globe. I was surprised they (the Aliens) stated their goal right off the bat...that was the big mystery in the miniseries. Which made me wonder why they didn't just appear over the oceans with super tankers and suck the oceans dry. Their shielding would have prevented attacks against them...but, then there wouldn't be a story.

I knew I would love the cgi, but I also like the writing and the production values. This is definitely a keeper for me.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

As I watched, I had a few big questions that were each answered in the next segment, one at a time. Plus, I was eagerly awaiting the revelation of the reptilians and voila!, the next segment. It's as if they wrote it for ME. Obviously it's "just" good writing and I fell into the trap very well.

I wondered why they didn't show the Visitors getting water, especially since it was "3 weeks later", but I guess it's because that's not why they came (duh, they're already there). You would think that they would make a pretense, though, hmmmm.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Ok - I'm someone who watched the original "V" way, way back in the day, lol. Thought I'd watch last night's show just to see if it measured up, and I have to say, it did. Held my interest from start to finish, even though my original intention was to watch the first few minutes and then watch something else. I agree, the writing of this show was good. The events all unfolded in a logical, believable way. I was beyond THRILLED to see the gorgeous Morris Chesnutt. He's tasty eye candy if I've ever seen it. Also, the actor who is Anna's right-hand man (missed who/what his character is) is the actor who starred in Whistler I show that used to air here in Canada a few years ago.

Anyway, I came away pleased with the show and will definitely be watching it again.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Just read it will ONLY run for 4 epi's in November....then on hiatus until March after the Winter Olympics is over................

One of the best movie performances ever was Alan Tudyk (reptilian FBI agent) in Death at a Funeral. His "naked on the roof" scenes are comic genius.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

V INVASION A SUCCESS
    ABC/DAVID GRAY

The aliens have landed. And we couldn't wait to welcome them.

V, ABC's redo of the 1980s sci-fi franchise, notched the fall's biggest new-series premiere among the viewers TV networks covet most.

Overall, last night's hourlong opener averaged 13.9 million hapless humans, preliminary Nielsen estimates showed, topping NBC's The Biggest Loser (8.5 million) and the first hour of Fox's So You Think You Can Dance (6.4 million). CBS' NCIS (19.4 million) was its typical monster self, and led the 8 p.m. houróbut not among those aforementioned viewers TV networks covet most.

V, which originally invaded TV in 1983, via NBC, was actually the night's highest-rated show among the cool kids, also besting NCIS: Los Angeles and Dancing With the Stars.

Guess we've been waiting for somebody to take care of all the rodents.

V Invasion a Success - E! Online

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3743347;
    One of the best movie performances ever was Alan Tudyk (reptilian FBI agent) in Death at a Funeral. His "naked on the roof" scenes are comic genius.
    I saw that and agree completely. He was hysterically funny. His characters do die a lot. I did not see Wash's demise coming at all, and from what I've seen, nobody did.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread